• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Where Are You Going? Discover the Answer on the 5th

In summary, Directors have been given permission to open the info when it arrives. Some of the guessed trips include Alaska, Ireland, Punta Cana Dominican Republic, Australia, and a domestic family trip like DC/London. Taste of Travel might be in San Diego, San Francisco, or Vegas. There is an option for those not wanting to take a family vaca, with the Visa gift card option. For Canadians, there will be no family vaca as Silver and Gold are trips for two. Disney cruises are every 5 years, and destinations like Costa Rica and Atlantis have been mentioned.
Every year the trip is just out of reach -- every year for 11 years. Every year its harder and harder. The first year I was a consultant you didn't evern have to have a recruit. I about died when they changed it to 1! This year I had my recruits but of course 2 didn't qualify. When I realized they weren't going to do anything I gave up on the sales and was a couple thousand short. :( Oh well, I've been to level 1 and level 2 for next year. This year I really tried cuz I really wanted that cruise. I'm not going to disappoint myself again this year.

Sandi

sandilou2 said:
Every year the trip is just out of reach -- every year for 11 years. Every year its harder and harder. The first year I was a consultant you didn't evern have to have a recruit. I about died when they changed it to 1! This year I had my recruits but of course 2 didn't qualify. When I realized they weren't going to do anything I gave up on the sales and was a couple thousand short. :( Oh well, I've been to level 1 and level 2 for next year. This year I really tried cuz I really wanted that cruise. I'm not going to disappoint myself again this year.

Sandi

I don't work for the trips, nor have I earned one but I chalk that up to lack of effort on my part. In response to your comment, I'm not meaning to be snarky but...

"Whether you think you can, or can't. You're right."

Change your mind, to change your destiny. It's not meant to be easy but I also don't feel they are out of touch as I am surrounded by achievers. Aside from the effort, its a mindset. As long as you keep telling yourself it's out of reach, it always will be.

Train your brain - "I will love soaking up the suns rays or spending my Visa Gift Card in 2013."

Again, coming from a non-achiever so I'm not throing fluff up your rear. Each year I could do it in sales but fail on the recruiting side. Just have to change my mindset if I decide I want it. The choice is ours to make. Do you want it?

Melissa78 said:
I don't work for the trips, nor have I earned one but I chalk that up to lack of effort on my part. In response to your comment, I'm not meaning to be snarky but...

"Whether you think you can, or can't. You're right."

Change your mind, to change your destiny. It's not meant to be easy but I also don't feel they are out of touch as I am surrounded by achievers. Aside from the effort, its a mindset. As long as you keep telling yourself it's out of reach, it always will be.

Train your brain - "I will love soaking up the suns rays or spending my Visa Gift Card in 2013."

Again, coming from a non-achiever so I'm not throing fluff up your rear. Each year I could do it in sales but fail on the recruiting side. Just have to change my mindset if I decide I want it. The choice is ours to make. Do you want it?

Great post.

Got my packet in the mail today! WooHoo!!! Way to go Wendy! I agree Melissa! That's one of my favorite phrases ... "If you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!" I'm doing the 10 day motivational e-mails and it was in the one I pre-formatted that went out this morning. :DNot sure I'll earn that top trip, but I'd sure like to. Therefore I will at least try. If I fall short & earn something different, I certainly won't be disappointed.

I'm a big fan of train your brain, Brain Gym, and all that have been for a long long time. I take advantage of every training out there, have spent well over $1000 this year traveling to Chicago twice, have met with team members who want to have extra training once a week for 4 months, do my host calls including meeting them in person and am about the most positive person you will meet. I set my goal to earn that trip this year and tracked it the whole year. I don't think that is thinking I can't. I am not surrounded by acheivers, its been years since anyone around here has earned a trip. The economy has hit here especially hard and its not bouncing back. We are struggling to hang on to our businesses. I don't think its an attitude -- its the facts.

Sandi

Sheila said:
Not sure I'll earn that top trip, but I'd sure like to. Therefore I will at least try. If I fall short & earn something different, I certainly won't be disappointed.

Looking for people to keep me on track. Whoelse is in?

On an aside, the trips are a perk. It is about working your business and hopefully growing it. Not sure about everyone else, but in Portland, Oregon, I am not replacing my salary at a Director level. We are one of THE WORST economies in the Nation at 10.6% unemployment. I need and want to earn more. I am looking to grow. If I grow and earn a great trip, it is a perk, but the earning more is the incentive. I do not want to return to what I had before Pampered Chef!

So if you think that the trips are unattainable, then they are if you believe it, but maybe if you do 1 more show, recruit 1 more person it is acheivable. Maybe if you put in 1 more hour or talk to 1 more person in the grocery store it is acheivable. If you pick up the phone 1 more time, you can acheive it. It really is up to you to do it. Believe me, I am here after 7 years, I never thought I would be here, but I am and I have now earned 3 trips. If I can be here, you can too.

got it yesterday :)

Melissa78 said:

I agree. I know that I have been posting more negativity lately but I do agree. Melissa, I have been an achiever and this year I had over 53,000 in points for the trip. Only 1 of my recruits qualified. About 3 or 4 didn't...either way, I fell short on the recruiting side so I feel your pain.

For me personally, life threw some hard curve balls my way in 2011 and it did affect my attitude in many ways (unfortunately not for the better). My biggest goal for this year is to get my "world" to a better place. I sooooo need a Pampered Chef vacation!!

(Forewarning: Lengthy, perhaps harsh to some, a dose of my own self-reality stated so that I have affirmed to myself publically my thoughts for 2012, perhaps helpful to someone needing to hear tough words and most importantly NOT NOT NOT directed at ANYONE. Got that? NOT NOT NOT directed at anyone so don't take it personally. If you do, maybe its your own conscience? :D)

Its all a numbers game. Unfortunately I have run a minimalist business - I have minimum number of recruits, all who all do minimal (if any) work. Its well known that I do not work for the trips but regardless of my past thoughts, I do not feel earning a trip is unachievable. (Ok I can have a whole diff discussion on the Upper Level trip this year)

If we all (myself included) run a minimalistic business, we might as well ask for a post card to be sent from the destinations b/c the chances are slim of being poolside. But should we work our business and *gulp* follow 3-2-1 there is NO REASON why any of us don't achieve. Why? Its a numbers game, right? If we recruit one per month, that gives us 12...most likely 50% will qualify and now you have enough on the recruiting end for Bronze. If less than 50% of your peeps are qualifying, take another look at what you are doing to work with them. I am well-aware that I am not a good coach. I get paid for a living to fire those who dont perform. I don't coddle, I don't hold hands, I fire (and yes, still sleep well at night). Unfortunately, this is not a business I can fire them (If only I could...). Now go to the (2) shows per week...eight will make you great! I am just as busy as everyone else but yet I see 2 shows per week as very do-able. Three contacts a day will make the 1 and the 2 happen, again by default of 'numbers'.

I have used 2011 as a real eye opener. Is my business where I want it to be? Heck no! Am I responsible? Yes. Is the company responsible for making the trips too hard to achieve? No. Is it meant to be easy? Heck no! Take a head count how many on here are sailing the high seas in 2012. I can point fingers and place blame surely for why I am not amongst the greats, achieving trips or as simple as being proud of my business. Hymm and haww all I want but really, Who moved my Cheese?? (sorry couldn't help myself - if you have read the book you got what I meant)

Wallowing in our own self pity will not change our 2012 nor 'fix' our business. Putting 2011 behind us over the course of the next 5 hours (Eastern) and only focusing on 2012 and what POSITIVE we are going to do is what is going to change it.

Questions to ask ourselves:
What's your action plan for bookings?
Recruiting? QUALIFYING those recruits?
Do you have an accountability partner? If not, do you need one?
What are you doing to make your weaknesses, strengths?
What needs to change in your business? What are you going to do to change it?
What did you do really well? Share your greatness with someone who has that as a weakness. Keeps you at the top of your game.
Surround yourself with positive and pledge to avoid the Debbie Downer mentality.
What's your Mantra for 2012?
Do you speak in future tense or affirmations that are present? "I will recruit 12 in 2012" vs "I am a recruiting magnet. I have 12 new team members in 2012."
Do you have a dream board? Do you have ways to constantly remind yourself of such goals?

Stop blaming the company, the economy, your life, your situation, your family, your fears, your anything. Change your mindset to change your reality. No matter how bad we each feel we have it, someone has it worse. If you live in a stinky economy (oh wait, that's the entire nation!), there's a town next to you even worse. Surround yourself with those who support you, not those who bring you down. If you fear something, embrace it so its not a fear (me, thats the phone). Leave yourself affirmations everywhere you go (inside cupboard doors, on your dashboard, bathroom mirror, desk at work, lamp next to where you sit daily etc.) Put out a picture (dream board) per say of what you want in 2012 and look at it daily. Find other reminders to give yourself a 'lift'. My kitchen sink (where I go many times a day including every morning has two Willow Tree Angels. One a Kitchen Angel from my best friend who lost 120lbs and has just ran her first marathon. It reminds me that anything is possible! Next to that, is another Willow Tree Angel, the Angel of Courage. If I have the courage to face the day, and make the right decisions, I too can realize all of my dreams and say to myself, "Anything is possible".

Now before anyone can jump all over me (no...no one would do such a thing...LOL) I'm taking a hearty dose of my own reality. My dream board is on my refrigerator door already, I bought photo albums ($1) for myself and my team today for positive affirmations that can go with me wherever I go. I ensured my iPod is up to date with re-training myself, I (for the first time) am seeking out accountability partners (and not just one person), to ensure I am training my brain, I'm looking for Book Buddies to do a book club with so I 'have' to keep up, instead of telling myself "I don't work for trips" I am now saying, "I cannot wait to sit on the chair by the pool in Mexico with a drink in hand on someone elses dime", its the year to drop the weight so that Im ready to sit in that chair without pants and a turtleneck (LOL) so my fridge is stocked and ready for tomorrow to be day 1 (that means I can gorge myself tonite though, right? LOL), and lastly "I am changing my team." (Not changing them per say, but changing them OUT!)

Call me a freak for typing all this but I am ready to hit the 2012 calendar running (even though its blank) but It won't be for long! Are you ready to erase all the "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" or "It's unattainable" or "Its because they didn't qualify", "this economy sucks", "there's too many consultants", "no one wants to party" or "H.O this or that"??? (the list is never ending)

If so, join me in blessing & releasing 2011 because its a whole new slate!
WELCOME 2012!
Here's to NEW beginnings in the NEW Year and for a New Me/You/Team/Dream/Goals.
Wishing you all the best and that all of your dreams come true!
But remember, a dream will always be just a dream unless you set a goal & a plan to achieve it!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
(If you plan on throwing criticism at me, throw cookies. I have a few more hours to eat them!) :)

OMG! That was fabulous! :clap: With your permission, I would love to print and share this. Here's to 2012! :sun: Thank you!

Sandi

Heck if I knew my senseless babble was going to be reiterated I would have made sure to put more than 5minutes into it. :)

Share and share away.

Melissa that's great & WOW so true for me in many ways THANK YOU for my wake-up call :)

Melissa, I love the words from your heart. I would love to have a drink with you in Mexico! (if I am not in Ireland :pray:).

Wow. Thank you all for allowing me a minute (or many) to hold my own self-therapy session while addressing a few of the 'obstacles' I had just read on this thread. I know sometimes we all need to hear what we don't want to hear but really should. I was all geared up for the "how dare you say blah blah blah". What a pleasant surprise. If it helped just one person, mission was accomplished. Since it helps myself too, we're ahead of the game. :D

No one threw me a cookie though darnit! :)

Wendy, thanks for making me smile! I would love to have a drink with you. I assure you that I won't be in Ireland as its not something that even entices me. If I am going to bust my hump, I want to go on vacation and not feel pressure (self-inflicted) to see all the sites and rush around. Europe always exhausts me b/c there is so much I want to see. Warm, sunny, tropical, all inclusive, relaxing, all-inclusive...yes I said that twice. I know where my toes want to dip in the water and it's not my tub. :)

Hubby told me I have to try for Ireland so that he can look up some of his very distant relatives and meet them while we are there! :veryfunny:

We find out our destinations tomorrow!! I'm so excited!!

PamperedK said:
We find out our destinations tomorrow!! I'm so excited!!

I'm interested to hear about Canada's program. Please keep us posted.

<h2>1. Where do you guys think you're going?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are always on the move! Our team is constantly exploring new opportunities and working hard to bring our customers the best products and experiences. We are always looking forward to the future and excited to see where our journey takes us.</p><h2>2. Do you find out on the 5th as well?</h2><p>Yes, we are just as eager as you are to discover the answer on the 5th! Our team is dedicated to keeping our customers informed and updated on any new developments and exciting news. We are all in this journey together and can't wait to share the big reveal with you.</p><h2>3. What is happening on the 5th?</h2><p>The 5th is an important date for us at Pampered Chef! It is when we will be announcing some exciting news and sharing our new plans and projects with our customers. We can't wait to see the reactions and hear the feedback from our loyal supporters.</p><h2>4. Is there a special event on the 5th?</h2><p>While we wouldn't necessarily call it a special event, the 5th is definitely a significant day for us at Pampered Chef. We are always looking for ways to engage with our customers and keep them updated on our latest ventures, and the 5th is just one of those opportunities for us to connect and share our journey with you.</p><h2>5. How can I stay updated on the 5th?</h2><p>The best way to stay informed and updated on the 5th is to follow us on our social media channels and sign up for our newsletter. We will be sharing all the details and news on those platforms, so make sure to follow us to not miss out on the big reveal on the 5th!</p>

1. Where do you guys think you're going?

At Pampered Chef, we are always on the move! Our team is constantly exploring new opportunities and working hard to bring our customers the best products and experiences. We are always looking forward to the future and excited to see where our journey takes us.

2. Do you find out on the 5th as well?

Yes, we are just as eager as you are to discover the answer on the 5th! Our team is dedicated to keeping our customers informed and updated on any new developments and exciting news. We are all in this journey together and can't wait to share the big reveal with you.

3. What is happening on the 5th?

The 5th is an important date for us at Pampered Chef! It is when we will be announcing some exciting news and sharing our new plans and projects with our customers. We can't wait to see the reactions and hear the feedback from our loyal supporters.

4. Is there a special event on the 5th?

While we wouldn't necessarily call it a special event, the 5th is definitely a significant day for us at Pampered Chef. We are always looking for ways to engage with our customers and keep them updated on our latest ventures, and the 5th is just one of those opportunities for us to connect and share our journey with you.

5. How can I stay updated on the 5th?

The best way to stay informed and updated on the 5th is to follow us on our social media channels and sign up for our newsletter. We will be sharing all the details and news on those platforms, so make sure to follow us to not miss out on the big reveal on the 5th!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • imported_iteachurkid