• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Where Are You Going? Discover the Answer on the 5th

In summary, Directors have been given permission to open the info when it arrives. Some of the guessed trips include Alaska, Ireland, Punta Cana Dominican Republic, Australia, and a domestic family trip like DC/London. Taste of Travel might be in San Diego, San Francisco, or Vegas. There is an option for those not wanting to take a family vaca, with the Visa gift card option. For Canadians, there will be no family vaca as Silver and Gold are trips for two. Disney cruises are every 5 years, and destinations like Costa Rica and Atlantis have been mentioned.
PamperedK
Silver Member
where do you guys think you're going? Do you find out on the 5th as well?

Yes... actually, we find out a bit earlier as Directors. We've been given *permission* to open the info when it arrives. I have no good guesses...

Our instructions haven't been clear....they said we'd get the link on the 3rd but I'm not sure when that link is active...SO excited!

finley1991 said:
Yes... actually, we find out a bit earlier as Directors. We've been given *permission* to open the info when it arrives.

I have no good guesses...

Nice that they gave you "permission" to do something that many were doing anyway. Not a current D but am happy to wait to find out on the 5th. My D would tell me if I asked but I like having the surprise with everyone else. She's not planning on spending too much time on the trip announcement. Last Jan. when we did the math and people realized how many points and recruits they would need, they were not motivated. Taste of Travel generated a bit more excitement but only my D earned any of the travel. Whatever the next trip is, I will earn it!

My guesses/hopes are about the same every year: Alaska, Ireland, Punta Cana Dominican Republic, Australia (that would have to be a Gold level trip). Someone on CS said it might be time for a family-of-4 domestic trip like DC/London was a few years ago. Maybe they'll do Vegas for Taste of Travel.

Becca_in_MD said:
Nice that they gave you "permission" to do something that many were doing anyway. Not a current D but am happy to wait to find out on the 5th. My D would tell me if I asked but I like having the surprise with everyone else. She's not planning on spending too much time on the trip announcement. Last Jan. when we did the math and people realized how many points and recruits they would need, they were not motivated. Taste of Travel generated a bit more excitement but only my D earned any of the travel. Whatever the next trip is, I will earn it!

My guesses/hopes are about the same every year: Alaska, Ireland, Punta Cana Dominican Republic, Australia (that would have to be a Gold level trip). Someone on CS said it might be time for a family-of-4 domestic trip like DC/London was a few years ago. Maybe they'll do Vegas for Taste of Travel.

I love knowing ahead of time, because we like to decorate and have themed recipes, drinks, give-aways!

I'm surprised the math wasn't motivating for your team. That's what gets everyone excited on our team and our points requirements are higher! That's my team's favourite part - seeing how achievable it is!

when I was at HO in Nov, someone brought up having a "family" option each year, domestic family oriented trip that could be taken if any level was earned. And, this year they are going to give us permission to open the package ahead of time. Several people commented that they were surprised at the point levels this year and they are sure that their team picked up on their shock

Great guesses Becca! I will admit that I am one of those who opened the info early. I wanted to be prepared for questions. I think I am going to promote the heck out of the TOT incentive. Everyone on my team qualifies for it and if they can earn that, they can earn the other trips.I agree with it being a family trip... I just don't have any good guesses as to where...

A family type trip (or option) would be great. I know there are a few girls in my team that just will not leave the kids at home....or they can't due to child care. It would be great to give them an option without them having to pay for child add-ins.

I'm guessing TOT will be San Diego or San Francisco...

I'm for Vegas on TOT and personally I would LOVE to see an all exclusive to some paradise like Belize or Fiji :) (Hey a girl can dream!)

I'm all for the family vaca as long as there is an option for those not desiring the family vaca and would like to truly get away. I'd take the visa card over Disney (sorry Florida in June is more repulsive than attractive to me) but since there is a visa gift card option for any, I'm not choosy as Visa will take me anywhere. :)

My only other thought is something big like Australia (like mentioned above) as the top trip. If enough people earned the Mediterranean this year, they might repeat something at that level...

I say Palm Springs for the TOT or Silver level trip

I always figured something like Fiji or Australia would be out of the question because of how long it would take to get there. We got our B2B packs and the rules say Silver and Gold are trips for 2 so no family Vacay for Canadians this year it looks like.

Wouldn't a Disney cruise be great?

PamperedK said:
I always figured something like Fiji or Australia would be out of the question because of how long it would take to get there.

We got our B2B packs and the rules say Silver and Gold are trips for 2 so no family Vacay for Canadians this year it looks like.

Are Canada and US trips the same?

Not usually. The Disney for 4 was the same, but that was because of the 30th anniversary.

Since I've been with PC, they've done Disney every 5 years.

I know Disney is every 5 years. You'd better believe I'm keeping track of when that earning year will be and will make sure I earn that one. Right before my post I was talking to someone who has been on several Disney cruises so that's what put it in my head. PC seems to like to do a lot of cruises and people on here were talking about a trip for 4. Seems like a good solution to me :)

I'd be happy with Vancouver. Have they done any trips to the East Coast, such as NYC or Boston? We had DC a couple of years ago.

finley1991 said:
Since I've been with PC, they've done Disney every 5 years.

Wow that's awesome. I don't know the last time they did Disney for Canadians, but it's definitely not as predictable here.

Becca_in_MD said:
I know Disney is every 5 years. You'd better believe I'm keeping track of when that earning year will be and will make sure I earn that one. Right before my post I was talking to someone who has been on several Disney cruises so that's what put it in my head. PC seems to like to do a lot of cruises and people on here were talking about a trip for 4. Seems like a good solution to me :)

I'd be happy with Vancouver. Have they done any trips to the East Coast, such as NYC or Boston? We had DC a couple of years ago.

Funny. We're all different. I would choose the gift card every time it's Disney. Never been and have no desire to go. I am happy for those of you who love that destination though. We'll take the money and do a cruise while you are all there.

bethcooks4u said:
Funny. We're all different. I would choose the gift card every time it's Disney. Never been and have no desire to go. I am happy for those of you who love that destination though. We'll take the money and do a cruise while you are all there.

Yeah I took the gift card last time....we would have traveled but my brother was getting married soon after in Mexico so we took the gift card...

I'm with you Beth, no desire to do Disney for me either. I am anxious to see what the trip is for this year! I've heard they do family trips every other year, which would mean this year would be the family trip, but not sure how true that holds, since i've only been in this for 3 years

I know Disney is not for everybody. Just leaves more for me, me, me. I've become a Disney fanatic thanks in part to the last incentive trip there. I think PC has learned that not everyone is a cruise person, either, while those who love cruising continue to love it.

Thinking about it, I just hope that I'm excited about the bronze level trip. Toronto didn't excite me. A 3-night cruise that only stops in Nassau and the cruise line's island doesn't excite me. Is that why I didn't earn them? No! For some of the trips, I honestly can't remember if I earned them and took the gift card or just didn't earn them. I should be more of a goal recordkeeper.

Another destination it would be nice to have is Costa Rica. A return to Atlantis would be great! That year it was San Francisco as the lower level trip. It was the only year I earned the higher level trip. That was back when they did something extra on the trip for TPC (Excellence) Award achievers. I was one of the few people at Atlantis who was not TPC so left a day or two before everyone else. A San Francisco trip would be great!

bethcooks4u said:

Beth, I was like you. I had no desire to go to Disney, but I have to tell you we all had a great time. Maybe one year you should try it? As you know everything PC does on the trips is over the top. So is Disney.

cookingwithlove said:
Beth, I was like you. I had no desire to go to Disney, but I have to tell you we all had a great time. Maybe one year you should try it? As you know everything PC does on the trips is over the top. So is Disney.

Over the top...just like the weather in June when they hold the Disney trips. hehe To be in FL in June with the summer heat AND when all kids are out of school - the trip package would need to come with anxiety medication. :yuck:

Melissa78 said:
Over the top...just like the weather in June when they hold the Disney trips. hehe To be in FL in June with the summer heat AND when all kids are out of school - the trip package would need to come with anxiety medication. :yuck:

Weather was insane, but that said---my kids had a great time and to this day still talk about it and how much fun they had. Prob. helps that we had photo collage posters made, if you didn't attend the trip PC pulled out some amazing surprises and was a trip that none of us will ever forget! Our last night there was so "magical" I even had goosebumps and felt like a little kid as we walked out of the park.

IMO Toronto compared to Disney was disappointing. I'm crossing my fingers for another family trip, wherever it might be to.

I wasn't excited about Disney but ended up having a blast. Toronto I found anticlimactic.

flemings99 said:
IMO Toronto compared to Disney was disappointing. I'm crossing my fingers for another family trip, wherever it might be to.
finley1991 said:
I wasn't excited about Disney but ended up having a blast. Toronto I found anticlimactic.
Ahhh, you have just made me feel so much better about taking the Gift Card instead of the Toronto trip! Neither my husband nor I were excited about Toronto in April - that would be just like Michigan in April, and not our idea of a fun getaway...especially with all of the arranging to be done for our son and dog while we'd be gone...and DH having to take personal days for it.
With the Gift Card, we did a mini-remodel of our kitchen, which gave me the sink I've always wanted and new counter tops and refaced cupboards, and I'm loving it still. Good to know I made the right choice!

Has anyone in the states gotten their B2B packages yet?

I'm excited for ANY trip PC does. I earned the NOLA TOT trip this year and by doing that I think I showed my team just how achievable the trips are. Just like for conference - most think it is too $$$ to go, etc. I might look ahead of time just to have a breakdown for points, etc. I just hope the points values don't keep creeping up and up. Does anyone else think that they are getting REALLY high?? They are IMO...

We are supposed to get them around the 30th...

I am one who loves a cruise! It is so much fun and all-inclusive which is one of the main things I love about it. I had fun in Miami at the Fountainbleu hotel, but it was not all-inclusive. We had to pay for a lot more things. So the "FREE" trip wasn't so free. That point of fact really turned my hubby off. That was our first trip.

I had a good time at Disney. It was absolutely insane!! My husband lost all of our tickets on the first day there. We were still able to visit parks though, but that first day I had a serious meltdown! I did not enjoy Epcot. It is very cool, but there is no freaking shade and everything is like a 5 mile walk apart. Not enjoyable in 100 degree 100% humidity. I SO thoroughly enjoyed the last day! OMG!! Cupcakes all in the street, free ice cream and food. Minimal lines for rides. It was so much fun. My daughters had such a great time at the PC parade, especially when the characters came over and shook their hands and stuff.

Guesses for next trip???? I would prefer an all-inclusive destination. However, except for the cruises they don't really do that. I think a Mexican destination is coming. It would be fun for Brazil or something. How cool would Mardi Gras be in Brazil???!! Amazing! I would love to earn another European trip. I hate I won't earn the Med cruise. That looks awesome! Everyone is gonna have a blast on that trip for sure!

I hope they reduce the recruiting requirements. I doubt they will, but a girl can dream. I don't think it is quite fair for people to have 80,000 points, 4 qualified recruits and end up with nothing. That's my 2 cents.

Chef Kearns said:
I am one who loves a cruise! It is so much fun and all-inclusive which is one of the main things I love about it. I had fun in Miami at the Fountainbleu hotel, but it was not all-inclusive. We had to pay for a lot more things. So the "FREE" trip wasn't so free. That point of fact really turned my hubby off. That was our first trip.

I had a good time at Disney. It was absolutely insane!! My husband lost all of our tickets on the first day there. We were still able to visit parks though, but that first day I had a serious meltdown! I did not enjoy Epcot. It is very cool, but there is no freaking shade and everything is like a 5 mile walk apart. Not enjoyable in 100 degree 100% humidity. I SO thoroughly enjoyed the last day! OMG!! Cupcakes all in the street, free ice cream and food. Minimal lines for rides. It was so much fun. My daughters had such a great time at the PC parade, especially when the characters came over and shook their hands and stuff.

Guesses for next trip???? I would prefer an all-inclusive destination. However, except for the cruises they don't really do that. I think a Mexican destination is coming. It would be fun for Brazil or something. How cool would Mardi Gras be in Brazil???!! Amazing! I would love to earn another European trip. I hate I won't earn the Med cruise. That looks awesome! Everyone is gonna have a blast on that trip for sure!

I hope they reduce the recruiting requirements. I doubt they will, but a girl can dream. I don't think it is quite fair for people to have 80,000 points, 4 qualified recruits and end up with nothing. That's my 2 cents.

How about those who have 120,000 points, 4 qualified recruits, promoted to Senior and have already earned Excellence Awards in Personal Sales....First time in 15 years I haven't earned a trip. I'm still smarting a little from that one. :(

DebChefIA said:
How about those who have 120,000 points, 4 qualified recruits, promoted to Senior and have already earned Excellence Awards in Personal Sales....First time in 15 years I haven't earned a trip. I'm still smarting a little from that one. :(

Deb- ouch! That just seems so wrong. For both of you!

(((hugs))) Deb!

DebChefIA said:

I'd be upset too.

How horrible for you, Deb! You have achieved a high level of performance.

I'm on the bandwagon of hoping they reduce the recruiting requirement. I'm sure it's wishful thinking. Or at least do something for someone like Deb. Instead of just at the gold level of being able to earn with just sales (no bonus points for recruiting or double points months) or with sales & recruiting, offer those 2 point options at the silver level, too.

Didn't someone say, either on this thread or somewhere else, that they thought HO was aware that the points are really high? For the Med. cruise, I understand and in the FAQ for this year's program it states that for such a premier trip the points are appropriately high. I get that. But do they need to be so high (points or recruits) for the other 2 levels? Gone are the days of being able to earn a trip by primarily selling.

Is there an Elite Seller level of the trip in the US?

Yes, $140,000 in 2011 commissionable sales (no recruits required) earns the gold level. But I agree that I'd like to see a scale.

Right now it's:
  • Bronze Level is 56,000 points & 6 recruits
  • Silver Level is 84,000 points & 8 recruits
  • Gold Level is 130,000 points & 12 recruits or $140,000 in Commissionable Sales

It would be cool if they would consider doing something like:
  • Bronze Level
    • 55,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 70,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 85,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 100,000 points & 0 recruits
  • Silver Level
    • 85,000 points & 8 recruits
    • 100,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 115,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 130,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 145,000 points & 0 recruits
  • Gold Level
    • 130,000 points & 12 recruits
    • 145,000 points & 10 recruits
    • 160,000 points & 8 recruits
    • 175,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 190,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 210,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 225,000 points & 0 recruits

Sheila said:
Yes, $140,000 in 2011 commissionable sales (no recruits required) earns the gold level. But I agree that I'd like to see a scale.

Right now it's:
  • Bronze Level is 56,000 points & 6 recruits
  • Silver Level is 84,000 points & 8 recruits
  • Gold Level is 130,000 points & 12 recruits or $140,000 in Commissionable Sales

It would be cool if they would consider doing something like:
  • Bronze Level
    • 55,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 70,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 85,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 100,000 points & 0 recruits
  • Silver Level
    • 85,000 points & 8 recruits
    • 100,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 115,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 130,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 145,000 points & 0 recruits
  • Gold Level
    • 130,000 points & 12 recruits
    • 145,000 points & 10 recruits
    • 160,000 points & 8 recruits
    • 175,000 points & 6 recruits
    • 190,000 points & 4 recruits
    • 210,000 points & 2 recruits
    • 225,000 points & 0 recruits
Sheila are you requiring more than Pampered Chef did? $140,000 no recruits is Gold you are saying $225,000.

They used to allow a low level for consultants with more points and more up with title but you could earn at any level under you. That was nice to get but now they have the points for tile but that did not help with recruits.

Their rule says $140,000 in Commissionable Sales. My example shows sticking with points so double/triple points count toward the trip and if they have an odd # of recruits those points would count too. The way they have the rule, the extra point days/months don't count nor would 1 recruit. It's easier to do 140,000 points than it is to do $140,000 in Commissionable Sales. So I figured I'd make the point value higher. But obviously it's not a final draft so if PC ever decided to go to something like this they could still keep the "$140,000 in Commissionable Sales" rule if they wanted.

Either way, I have not posted because I know my attitude is not very good when it comes to incentive trips. Deb's situation reinforces my feelings even more. I find it hard to get people all excited about an incentive trip because so many can not earn it. No matter how you scope out how you can achieve it.

The incentive trip was one of the reasons I started PC and it is the one thing that kept me very excited about my business. You could still earn a trip working a demanding full time job and PC. Maybe it is just me, but since they changed the recruiting levels, I can't seem to achieve one.

Out of 78 in my downline (4 different personal teams)...only 1 has been able to earn a trip this year.:(

I wish they'd bring back the level 1 "trip". I'm guessing they'd say taste of travel replaced it, but I can remember back to when I first started and earning that 1st level really made me believe that I could earn the 2nd level and actually go on a trip. After achieving level 1 two yrs. in a row, it was the 3rd year that I got the trip. Plus, it was nice those first 2 yrs. to look back on the yr. and feel as I had accomplished something big. Even if it was just a $300 gift card.

I think having that lower level achievement would be the encouragement that so many need to strive harder the next year. Just my 2 cents worth.

I think the requirements are tough.. and the recruiting part is frustrating, because unlike the sales requirements that is something that we individually cannot control.

I had earned the trip three years in a row and am just short these last two years (2 recruits and a few thousand dollars!)...

I am going to embrace the new incentive trips as a reason to better myself and my overall business... I NEED to make the 3-2-1 my business practice in 2012 to reach other goals, such as getting to a better financial situation and growing my organization to an Executive Team and I am guessing that even if the requirements are more for the 2012 program that practice will earn me a trip!

almondfarm said:
I am going to embrace the new incentive trips as a reason to better myself and my overall business... I NEED to make the 3-2-1 my business practice in 2012 to reach other goals, such as getting to a better financial situation and growing my organization to an Executive Team and I am guessing that even if the requirements are more for the 2012 program that practice will earn me a trip!

I agree. I've been thinking about 2012 going forward and I'm going to focus 100% with my team on TOT. They are all eligible. I am going to create a TOT Team. I'm also going to break it down and stay on track for it MYSELF even though I'm not eligible. I'm going to work it with them.

We can't change what it, we can just embrace it the best we can and move forward...

almondfarm said:
I had earned the trip three years in a row and am just short these last two years (2 recruits and a few thousand dollars!)...

That's EXACTLY where I am, 2 recruits and $3,000 in sales short of bronze. I'm pumped for Jan. just b/c it's going to start the year off so much better than last year; earning free for all will be secondary. It's a case of setting up a great Feb. in the hopes it will be double points month and meeting more people to increase recruiting. I did not do well last Feb. so really lost out on the double points month. Didn't recruit in July when they counted 1 recruit as 2. Sad to say, much of earning a trip is maximizing the bonuses. They didn't do any random triple point days this year. I guess they got too much flack from people who didn't like the randomness of them.

I'm always curious about the inner workings at HO. What is there "price point" for giving an incentive trip? What kind of production do they want to reward and how expensive is it for them to do that? I think we should send Sheila to HO as our Ambassador for Incentive Trips.

flemings99 said:
I wish they'd bring back the level 1 "trip". I'm guessing they'd say taste of travel replaced it, but I can remember back to when I first started and earning that 1st level really made me believe that I could earn the 2nd level and actually go on a trip. After achieving level 1 two yrs. in a row, it was the 3rd year that I got the trip. Plus, it was nice those first 2 yrs. to look back on the yr. and feel as I had accomplished something big. Even if it was just a $300 gift card.

I think having that lower level achievement would be the encouragement that so many need to strive harder the next year. Just my 2 cents worth.

My feelings exactly and my husband really liked that too.

Love your positive thinking Colleen! :DBecca, you are funny girl. I spent all of about 2 minutes working on that example. I'm sure if they ever decided to do something like that, they would have a whole team of people (accountants) playing with the numbers to see what's most cost effective. Heck, for all I know they've probably already considered it & figured out how many MORE people they'd be sending on trips & that's why they have the current system ... less $ out of pocket. LOL

Heads up... a D in PA got her BTB envelope with the trip info TODAY! (My mail has already come and I didn't get it...) Be on the lookout!

Got mine -- OMG!

Mine didn't come. Maybe tomorrow.

<h2>1. Where do you guys think you're going?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are always on the move! Our team is constantly exploring new opportunities and working hard to bring our customers the best products and experiences. We are always looking forward to the future and excited to see where our journey takes us.</p><h2>2. Do you find out on the 5th as well?</h2><p>Yes, we are just as eager as you are to discover the answer on the 5th! Our team is dedicated to keeping our customers informed and updated on any new developments and exciting news. We are all in this journey together and can't wait to share the big reveal with you.</p><h2>3. What is happening on the 5th?</h2><p>The 5th is an important date for us at Pampered Chef! It is when we will be announcing some exciting news and sharing our new plans and projects with our customers. We can't wait to see the reactions and hear the feedback from our loyal supporters.</p><h2>4. Is there a special event on the 5th?</h2><p>While we wouldn't necessarily call it a special event, the 5th is definitely a significant day for us at Pampered Chef. We are always looking for ways to engage with our customers and keep them updated on our latest ventures, and the 5th is just one of those opportunities for us to connect and share our journey with you.</p><h2>5. How can I stay updated on the 5th?</h2><p>The best way to stay informed and updated on the 5th is to follow us on our social media channels and sign up for our newsletter. We will be sharing all the details and news on those platforms, so make sure to follow us to not miss out on the big reveal on the 5th!</p>

1. Where do you guys think you're going?

At Pampered Chef, we are always on the move! Our team is constantly exploring new opportunities and working hard to bring our customers the best products and experiences. We are always looking forward to the future and excited to see where our journey takes us.

2. Do you find out on the 5th as well?

Yes, we are just as eager as you are to discover the answer on the 5th! Our team is dedicated to keeping our customers informed and updated on any new developments and exciting news. We are all in this journey together and can't wait to share the big reveal with you.

3. What is happening on the 5th?

The 5th is an important date for us at Pampered Chef! It is when we will be announcing some exciting news and sharing our new plans and projects with our customers. We can't wait to see the reactions and hear the feedback from our loyal supporters.

4. Is there a special event on the 5th?

While we wouldn't necessarily call it a special event, the 5th is definitely a significant day for us at Pampered Chef. We are always looking for ways to engage with our customers and keep them updated on our latest ventures, and the 5th is just one of those opportunities for us to connect and share our journey with you.

5. How can I stay updated on the 5th?

The best way to stay informed and updated on the 5th is to follow us on our social media channels and sign up for our newsletter. We will be sharing all the details and news on those platforms, so make sure to follow us to not miss out on the big reveal on the 5th!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • imported_iteachurkid