• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Venting Up: Disappointing Results in November Sales

increase bookings? The six hosts you have on your calendar are all motivated and willing to increase bookings. However, they may not be able to do so at this point because they are already booked. You may be able to get them to increase bookings by coaching them on how to market their show.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am posting this here rather than on CS because I was always taught in this business you should vent UP or SIDEWAYS but never DOWN. So...here I am. I HAD a fabulous November lined up...9 cooking shows, a catalog show and a FR. Well, due to last minute cancellations, I am now down to 6 cooking shows, one catalog show and a Fundraiser that is teetering on cancelling (mind you, I juggled visitation schedules with my ex-DH because this FR host insisted on doing it on a Wednesday night...I practically SOLD my soul to him to get him to adjust the visitation schedule)

I was hoping to squeak by to level 4 with my sales in November/December but if this FR cancels, too - there's no chance I'll pull it off. As for Sell-a-thon...I was hoping to hit the $6k level and am not sure I'll be able to pull that off now either.

I have gotten ZERO bookings at my last 3 shows and don't know what I am doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing that is creating this roadblock to bookings...but I am SO upset, frustrated and disappointed I could just cry...

I feel bad for you Carolyn.... take some time to be sad, then come up with a game plan.

If one of your consultants were to call you with this dilemma, what would you tell her?

There are lots of ideas floating around right now that you can implement... I suggest you just don't try to do them when you're upset or they won't get you anywhere. Feel your feelings and when you're ready to get back to PC, jump on it!

I bet you'll be farther ahead than all of us with Level 4 and Sell-A-Thon.

We're here for you!

Hi Carolyn!

First of all a HUGE HUG to you!

Okay, how far away are you from Level 4? Time to let us help you put a plan in place if you would like for us to.

Lisa

Carolyn, Are there any previous hosts/customers you can contact to drum up bookings and/or sales? If you feel its warranted, you can always call them to offer a unique special (whatever you choose). In June I offered my own special: the tool bag with BBQ tools at a nice discount. I ate a bit of the price, but I came out ahead in the long run (esp since it was sell-a-thon then). -leggy

ChefLisa said:
Hi Carolyn!

First of all a HUGE HUG to you!

Okay, how far away are you from Level 4? Time to let us help you put a plan in place if you would like for us to.

Lisa

I am 14,802 away...hoping to sign a new gal tomorrow...and hoping to have her Q's in her first 30 days. Have another consultatn who is 2 shows away (or $500 in sales) from Q'ing but doesn't seem to want to do anything anymore :(

Thanks for the hug...I needed that :eek:

legacypc46 said:
Carolyn, Are there any previous hosts/customers you can contact to drum up bookings and/or sales? If you feel its warranted, you can always call them to offer a unique special (whatever you choose). In June I offered my own special: the tool bag with BBQ tools at a nice discount. I ate a bit of the price, but I came out ahead in the long run (esp since it was sell-a-thon then). -leggy

I need to get on the ball (and on the phone) and start doing this!!

Carolyn,
I'm so sorry to hear about things going off track for you. :( I KNOW you can get it back on track!!!! You can do it! It's such a huge let-down when you are crusing along SO WELL and things go haywire. :cry:I know you can get on the phone and get what you need. Just take a deep breath and go for it.

One easy way to get sales is that $1000 Catalog Show Mystery Host where 10 "hosts" collect $100 in orders. I found that really helped me last year when my goal in November was the $6000 level of the SAT. You may have already done this, but if it hasn't been recently, I suggest trying that. When I did it last Nov, I had it close out right at the end of the month, so it gave people a chance to gather orders over Thanksgiving. That's the only thing I can suggest. YOU are the one with all the great suggestions!

You can do it!!! ((((HUGS!!))))

Okay, I a rounding to 15,000 to make the math quicker on me. So with both of your new consultants qualifying, you will be down to 11,000 points.

First how motivated are the six hosts you have on your calendar? Can they be coached to $1,000 shows? If coaching would not work with them, would a little bribe? Do you know their wish list? Maybe choose one of the items off the wish list and tell them they will receive it as a gift from you with a $1,000 show. I am not sure if this would really work, but certainly worth a try.

Next, I love Becky's idea. That would take another $1,000 off the top.

If all of these worked, you would be down to $4,000 in points. Hmmm...Do you have any fence sitters?

I actually need to take everyone's advice, along with my own because I am about the same distance away from the cruise. I got a little lazy and now need to really focus.

Here's a little prayer that you get more bookings and the fundraiser takes place and is a huge success! :pray::pray::pray:

Oh, there is always a huge party at your place! Perhaps a fun cookie swap!

I really am rather confident you are going to earn your trip to London!

Carolyn - you rubbed off on me!! I just had one huge show (host owns a beauty shop) have to "reschedule". She is still doing a catalog show, though. I'll get her to do a December show somehow!!! Then I had another have to cancel for a while. Long story, but he and his partner just bought a new house, wanted to show it off, love PC, and just found out his partner's parole requirements state he can't have parties at his house...I'm doing damage control on that one. I'm going to do the $1000 Catalog Show to help out and I'm getting my 12 Days of December Catalog Shows lined up slowly, but I need to hit at least $3000 in sales this month! I'm already at $800, but I'm not known for my huge months. Oh, and (((((((((((((Carolyn)))))))))))
Sorry for the hijack!

ChefLisa said:
Next, I love Becky's idea. That would take another $1,000 off the top.

And, actually, when I did it last November, it was actually a $1600 show! Some did more than $100 each and I ended up having a bunch of straggling orders from holiday shoppers. And, Carolyn, you have SOOO many past hosts who know how great it would be to get the benefits of a $1000 (at least) show with only doing the work of gathering $100 in orders that you could probably find 20 people who may want to do it!! $$$$$$$$

Good luck! Keep us posted.

cmdtrgd said:
....and I'm getting my 12 Days of December Catalog Shows lined up slowly, but I need to hit at least $3000 in sales this month! I'm already at $800, but I'm not known for my huge months. Oh, and (((((((((((((Carolyn)))))))))))
Sorry for the hijack!

Sorry to hear about your big show falling through too.:( It's such a huge bummer when that happens!

Could you tell us more about how your doing your 12 Days of December Catalog Shows? Is that where you're offering extra deals??? Do tell, do tell! Thanks!:)

I stole it from someone...like usual. It is normally called the 12 days of Christmas, but I like using December instead. You make up 12 packets and name each one for the 12 days of Christmas song - partridge in a pear tree, 5 golden rings, etc. Once you are through the first 12, make a second 12 and so on. I plan on having all the orders sue on the 13th - gives them 12 days in December to collect orders. I am also going to do the email list as they are very easy to set up. I think I'll give out prizes, but I'm not sure what and for what. I've attached the form that gives you more info.

Attachments

• 12 days of Christmas Catalog shows.txt.pdf
    500.4 KB · Views: 235
    500.4 KB · Views: 197
    500.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 12 Days of Christmas Catalog Show Concept.doc
    29 KB · Views: 210
    29 KB · Views: 198
    29 KB · Views: 240
Kate, I guess I am being blonde right now, but do you just enter each one in as it's own catalog show and then whoever has the most in sales gets__________?
I think this is an amazing opportunity and would like to share with my team, but I need to have my ducks in a row before I do!

Carolyn, you know how this works right? You pick up the phone and call EVERYBODY that has ever done a show with you and ask them to help you achieve a goal! I know you know this, and when your pity party is over (soon I hope!), you'll do what it takes to get what you want!
Keep us posted!

chefmeg said:
Kate, I guess I am being blonde right now, but do you just enter each one in as it's own catalog show and then whoever has the most in sales gets__________?
I think this is an amazing opportunity and would like to share with my team, but I need to have my ducks in a row before I do!

Each would be its own catalog show, but they would be competing against each other for something like a free set of cookware. Maybe even something for bookings...dunno.

Thanks-I will be getting on the phone tomorrow night to plug this!

Awesome, Kate! Thanks for the info. I may give this a try....or the $1000 Catalog Mystery Host Show. I haven't decided which yet. They're probably the same amount of work from my end, but I'd like to go with whichever one is less work.:)

My business always takes a dive in December. I am definately going to try the 12 days of xmas catalog show contest and forward the idea onto my group. thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea!

Hey Carolyn, is it going any better? You know we are all cheering you on, don't you? (Close you eyes and listen: go carolyn, go carolyn, go carolyn)

legacypc46 said:
Hey Carolyn, is it going any better? You know we are all cheering you on, don't you? (Close you eyes and listen: go carolyn, go carolyn, go carolyn)

LOL - thanks Leggy!
I got two bookings at yesterday's show - one for January and one for February. One other gal wants me to call her tomorrow about possibly booking a show... :)
Oh, and I got my period this morning so my PMS weepiness is gone now - LOL;)

Carolyn, if it comes down to the wire, try doing the 25% off sale. ( I posted my 24 hour flyer on CS at Halloween.) You have nothing to lose but EVERYTHING to GAIN!!

dannyzmom said:
LOL - thanks Leggy!
I got two bookings at yesterday's show - one for January and one for February. One other gal wants me to call her tomorrow about possibly booking a show... :)
Oh, and I got my period this morning so my PMS weepiness is gone now - LOL;)

Okay, so now hanging together on Director CS is putting us on the same cycle. That is just plain creepy! :eek:

ChefLisa said:
Okay, so now hanging together on Director CS is putting us on the same cycle. That is just plain creepy! :eek:

Bahahahahah!!
::::::passing the chocolates:::::::

Related to Venting Up: Disappointing Results in November Sales

1. What is "Venting Up" and why is it important in November sales?

"Venting Up" is a term used in Pampered Chef to refer to the process of releasing air from the top of a pan or dish during cooking. This is important in November sales because it helps to ensure that food is cooked evenly and thoroughly, resulting in better tasting dishes and ultimately, happier customers.

2. How can I tell if I need to vent up during cooking?

A good rule of thumb is to vent up when cooking foods that release a lot of steam, such as vegetables or soups. You can also use a Pampered Chef Venting Up Tool to easily check for any excess steam during cooking.

3. Can I use any pan or dish for venting up?

It is recommended to use Pampered Chef Stoneware for venting up, as it is designed to release steam evenly and help prevent food from drying out. However, you can also use other oven-safe pans and dishes as long as they have a lid with a vent hole or a venting tool can be used.

4. What should I do if I forget to vent up during cooking?

If you forget to vent up during cooking, you can use a fork or knife to carefully lift the lid and release any excess steam. Just be sure to use caution as the steam can be hot and may cause burns.

5. Are there any other benefits to venting up besides better tasting food?

Yes, venting up can also help to prevent boiling over and reduce cooking time. Additionally, it can help to keep your oven cleaner by reducing the amount of steam that escapes during cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • mrslulu2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dannyzmom