• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Fluted Pan: Is It Really Worth Buying?

Yes, you put that part through the butt of the chicken. So basically you are putting the chicken in the pan upside down.
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
Can anyone tell me what is so special about the fluted pan? I haven't bought one yet..wasn't really sure if I would use it or not. But I keep seeing it over and over for various recipes. Is it just another piece of stoneware that another piece of stoneware can substitute it? Or is it that much better? I know there are a lot of microwave recipes that use it. Convince me that I need it... Thanks :)

At its most basic, it's just another stoneware pan in a different shape.

But it's the shape that makes it so versatile. It fits into most microwaves, making it perfect for 15-minute cakes. Because the central post is closed on the top, not open like other fluted pans, you can use it as a vertical roaster for chicken - which is a great use for those customers who claim "I don't make cakes." Bread-based appetizers like pull-apart breads bake faster in a fluted pan because the central post distributes heat to the center of the otherwise uninterrupted food mass.

It's just cool! Order it!

Just had to say...

Love my fluted pan!!! I like to bring a dessert if I am not demo'ing one, and the magic cake is a real winner. Plus the chicken is a great idea.

Yes, it has became my new best friend!

Dont forget the Rachel Ray Chicken lady...cooked an entire chicken dinner right in her fluted stone!

Yes, yes, call me insane and a follower and a groupie and whatever you wish...even I have caught the Rachel Ray bug!! Thanks to you all no less!!! LOL;)

I love my fluted stone for all the reasons everyone has already stated.....it just has a WOW factor to it....and the roasted chicken in it is the BEST ever!

So if you do the vertical chicken, do you put veggies in the flute around it??

lisacb77 said:
So if you do the vertical chicken, do you put veggies in the flute around it??

Sometimes I do & sometimes I don't. When I do, I just toss potatoes, carrots, onions with a bit of EVOO, and some Rosemary Seasoning, and just pile them in around the bottom.

I brush ketchup in the crevices of mine, then I layer it with peppered bacon (about every other space) fill it with my meatloaf mixture and bake. When it's done pop it onto my platter fill the center with mashed potatoes & cover with gravy.
Teresa

ChefBeckyD said:
Sometimes I do & sometimes I don't. When I do, I just toss potatoes, carrots, onions with a bit of EVOO, and some Rosemary Seasoning, and just pile them in around the bottom.

Are you sure that was not you Becky on RR???

LOL:D

Hmmmm - Think I'd remember if RR was in my kitchen! Nope- it wasn't me, but I have been doing that recipe for about 4 years.....I use my Fluted Stone more for chicken than I do for cakes!;)

So can you use the pull apart bread recipe in the fluted pan instead of the saute pan? Do you use the same amount of ingredients & bake at 350 for 20 minutes still? Might be a great way to show this pan in Feb!!

Teresa Lynn said:
I brush ketchup in the crevices of mine, then I layer it with peppered bacon (about every other space) fill it with my meatloaf mixture and bake. When it's done pop it onto my platter fill the center with mashed potatoes & cover with gravy.
Teresa
I bet that is beautiful! It is another ring! A meatloaf ring!

Oh yum on the chicken and veggies! How long and what temp to cook?

lisacb77 said:

The person who sent this in to Racheal Ray said for an hour at 350, I believe.

lisacb77 said:

I do mine at 400* - 15 min. per lb. of chicken.....be sure and check the internal temp of the chicken at the meatiest part of the thigh - should be 165*, and then let it rest for 5-10 minutes before taking it off the stone - I use my kitchen shears to cut the chicken into pieces.

So basically for the chicken (which I've never done in it before)....I'm trying to visualize this. You prop it upright on the middle of the fluted pan? I mean you put that part through the butt of the chicken? I want to try it. I've only done cakes in that. I love the strawberry cheescake done in that! YUMMM!!!! I still can't believe that ther's sour creme in that!

gratergirl said:
So basically for the chicken (which I've never done in it before)....I'm trying to visualize this. You prop it upright on the middle of the fluted pan? I mean you put that part through the butt of the chicken? I want to try it. I've only done cakes in that. I love the strawberry cheescake done in that! YUMMM!!!! I still can't believe that ther's sour creme in that!

Erica,

You got it! That's exactly what you do! I quarter a lemon and stick it up the chicken with some sliced garlic, and then stick it on the post in the middle of the stone. I also slice some garlic and lemon and slide this under the skin of the chicken, then rub it with some oil and sprinkle on Rosemary Seasoning.....it is soooo good!

Related to The Fluted Pan: Is It Really Worth Buying?

What is the Fluted Pan used for?

The Fluted Pan is a versatile baking tool that can be used for a wide range of dishes such as quiches, tarts, cakes, and even savory dishes like casseroles and lasagnas.

What makes the Fluted Pan different from a regular baking pan?

The Fluted Pan has a unique fluted design that not only adds a decorative touch to your baked goods, but also allows for even heat distribution and crispy edges.

Is the Fluted Pan easy to clean?

Yes, the Fluted Pan is made of non-stick material which makes it very easy to clean. Simply rinse with warm water and mild soap or put it in the dishwasher for hassle-free cleaning.

Can the Fluted Pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the Fluted Pan is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it perfect for all your baking needs.

Is the Fluted Pan worth the investment?

Absolutely! The Fluted Pan is a high-quality, durable baking tool that will last for years to come. Its versatility and unique design make it a must-have for any home baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • casescafe