• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Fluted Pan Micro Cakes...

In summary, the recipe recommends leaving the cake in the stoneware fluted pan to cool for a few minutes before inverting it. Some people recommend leaving it in for 5-10 minutes, while others say it doesn't make a difference. I've never made the turtle cake, but I have made a lot of the micro cakes with the choc. frosting and I haven't let them cool.
Joelen
So I have plans to make a turtle cake using the stoneware fluted pan in the micro. Some recipes suggest leaving the cake in teh pan to cool for a few minutes, others make no mention of letting it cool.

What is truly recommended? How long should I allow the cake to sit in the pan before I invert it?

When I make micro cakes in the fluted stone, I let the cake sit for about 5-10 mins before inverting it

I think the difference is between "plain" cakes and those that have frosting or some sort of sauce that ends up in the bottom of the pan. Unfortunately, I can't give you more help than that, Joelen, as a very rarely make these.

I've never made the turtle cake, but i do make a lot of the micro. cakes with the choc. frosting, and I haven't let them cool....oops maybe I ought to! They have always come out so far

Is the turtle cake a PC recipe? It sounds yummy!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Is the turtle cake a PC recipe? It sounds yummy!

Here's the recipe! :)

Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
16 oz. Sour cream (or if you like…just eliminate the Sour Cream and add the water and oil as directed on the box)
1 – 1 ½ c. chocolate chips

1.Spray your Fluted Stoneware pan with vegetable oil using your kitchen spritzer

2. Mix eggs and pie filling (or other ingredients) in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most)

3. Add cake mix and blend well with Mix ‘N Scraper

4. Pour batter into stone and microwave on HIGH for 13-15 minutes

5. Let cool 10 minutes; pry edges away with small spreader or knife; invert on platter

If you do not have a Carousel, rotate ¼ turn every 2-3 minutes. Check with cake tester and if not done, then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie filling, caramel or fudge ice cream topping, nuts, etc. The best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Drizzle caramel ice cream topping and chopped pecans.

I agree with Ann...if it is a plain cake, then let it cool for about 10 minutes so it doesn't fall apart and stick to the pan.

If it's one of the cakes with the frosting, I would turn it out right away so the frosting doesn't set up and stick into the pan.

HTH

Thanks everyone! I'm going to also do a trial run Thursday and check on the texture, flavor of the cakes. If anything, I'll either serve it up with some extra caramel and ice cream or if its a total flop, maybe I'll whip up another "safer" dessert (trifle!).

Joelen said:
Here's the recipe! :)

Turtle Fudge Chocolate Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
16 oz. Sour cream (or if you like…just eliminate the Sour Cream and add the water and oil as directed on the box)
1 – 1 ½ c. chocolate chips

1.Spray your Fluted Stoneware pan with vegetable oil using your kitchen spritzer

2. Mix eggs and pie filling (or other ingredients) in Batter Bowl (a whisk works for most)

3. Add cake mix and blend well with Mix ‘N Scraper

4. Pour batter into stone and microwave on HIGH for 13-15 minutes

5. Let cool 10 minutes; pry edges away with small spreader or knife; invert on platter

If you do not have a Carousel, rotate ¼ turn every 2-3 minutes. Check with cake tester and if not done, then cook 1 minute more each time before testing again. Garnish with icing, whipped topping, more pie filling, caramel or fudge ice cream topping, nuts, etc. The best results are found with cake mixes containing puddings or the new moist cakes.

Drizzle caramel ice cream topping and chopped pecans.

Sounds yummy! Question: step two says to add pie filling but it's not in the ingredients. What pie filling???

pamperedgirl3 said:
Sounds yummy! Question: step two says to add pie filling but it's not in the ingredients. What pie filling???

Ah - the Turtle recipe was one of the variation recipes.... so rather than using pie filling (which was noted in the original recipe) it would be the sour cream + eggs + chocolate chips.

Joelen said:
Ah - the Turtle recipe was one of the variation recipes.... so rather than using pie filling (which was noted in the original recipe) it would be the sour cream + eggs + chocolate chips.

Thanks! Sounds so good!!!

1. How do I properly season my Stoneware Fluted Pan?

To season your Stoneware Fluted Pan, first wash it with hot water and mild soap. Rinse and dry completely. Then, rub a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface of the pan, making sure to cover all areas. Place the pan in a cold oven and set the temperature to 400°F. Allow the pan to bake for 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and let the pan cool completely before removing it. Your Stoneware Fluted Pan is now seasoned and ready to use!

2. Can I use metal utensils with my Stoneware Fluted Pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils with your Stoneware Fluted Pan. The stoneware material is more delicate and can be easily scratched by metal utensils. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to preserve the longevity of your pan.

3. How do I clean my Stoneware Fluted Pan?

Cleaning your Stoneware Fluted Pan is simple. First, allow the pan to cool completely before cleaning. Then, use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food residue. You can also use a small amount of baking soda and water to scrub any tough spots. Rinse the pan with hot water and dry completely before storing.

4. Can I use my Stoneware Fluted Pan in the microwave?

No, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is not microwave safe. The high heat in the microwave can damage the stoneware material, so it is best to stick to using it in the oven only.

5. How do I prevent my cakes from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your cakes from sticking to the Stoneware Fluted Pan, it is important to properly season the pan before use. You can also grease the pan with a small amount of vegetable oil or spray it with a non-stick cooking spray. Make sure to also allow the cake to cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan to prevent it from breaking apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Beckycooks
  • casescafe
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • emo812