• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director soWhat Is the Call on the 2Nd Going to Be About?

In summary, everyone is speculating about what the email about the conference call on the 2nd of December is about. Some believe it is going to be a rah-rah call to kick off the New Year, while others think it might be related to revisions of the Career Plan, and some even think it might be an announcement of a Christmas gift or trip. Some people are concerned that announcing the trip in January could cause those who have never earned one before to fall behind on getting on track. There were also questions about why not everyone received the email invitation and why they might not announce trips in December.
Did you get the email today about the call on the 2nd? What news is going to be given about 2011...

Not sure either, but those emails make me a little nervous...

I'm so bummed! The Thursday night call I have a recruiting interview and on Friday I'm doing a daytime show!Honestly it made me a bit nervous too but hopefully it's nothing...

Maybe that they're hiring someone to proofread the newsletters?!?

Maybe that they are giving us a Christmas gift and easing up on the 2 SC lines submitting requirement? Maybe more points for the trip just because we are actually doing the work of directors but not getting paid for it? Hurry, Santa, we want to know!

Maybe they will give us more points since we could not sell the DCB! :sun: if they would just double what I submit from now until December 30th, I would go out an buy my grass skirt!:bugeye::eek:

I heard through and upper level director that HO has admited that the new career plan does have some flaws in it (hmmm, ya think!?). Maybe they are planing to make a few revisions for us?

Oooh Linda... do ya think maybe really?

pamperedlinda said:
I heard through and upper level director that HO has admited that the new career plan does have some flaws in it (hmmm, ya think!?). Maybe they are planing to make a few revisions for us?

Oh, wow...that would be awesome! I just really hate this bouncing back and forth, and always being worried about that one person submitting $150. I hate having to base my pay on one person...even if 12 other people have submitted for the month. :(

I didn't get an e-mail about any call on the 2nd...can someone PM me or post the info?

I didn't get an e-mail either. Please post! ;)

Nanisu said:
Maybe that they are giving us a Christmas gift and easing up on the 2 SC lines submitting requirement? Maybe more points for the trip just because we are actually doing the work of directors but not getting paid for it? Hurry, Santa, we want to know!

PLEASE!! ...or at least paying us as D as long as we keep the title.

They have lost so many good directors by trying to weed out the dead wood. (at least my opinion). It's so frustrating to lose out on so much each month that one chosen person doesn't submit - we work harder but get paid less. uggg. Last month I was one person short of "performing as" director and at the same time 2 new consultants qualified. Even the bonus was at TL pay. Of course this month we are a "director" team. I have never lost the title but what good is it if the money doesn't come with it. I really believe that the whole thing is about more for those at the top. ...sorry, I'm speaking to the choir.

I don't want to get my hopes up though, I have been disappointed before.

This was the email:

Dear Directors,

Please join Doreen Grass, Dan Arwine and me on a conference call, Thursday, December 2 from 6:30pm to 7:30pm (CT), or Friday, December 3, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm (CT).

We are looking forward to updating you on some of the things we have been working on in preparation for 2011.

The phone numbers for the calls are:

Thursday, December 2, 6:30pm (CT) - 866-261-7147/Conference ID 1498823.

Friday, December 3, 1:30pm (CT) - 866-261-3182/Conference ID 1498826.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jean

And now that I think about it, all of the people involved are in the sales end of things...so I doubt it will be an announcement about a difference in the career plan. I won't be getting my hopes up.

Wonder why some got it and some didn't....I have kept my D status (in name and pay) all year. Those who got the e-mail -- have you? Maybe it has to do with the CP if you were all TL in pay and Dir in name only and they are changing things around....that would be great!!!

If not, I was wondering if they are going to start bagging the orders for us prior to shipping? But still don't know why some of us would not have been included??

I hate mysteries!

Chefbeckyd said:
And now that I think about it, all of the people involved are in the sales end of things...so I doubt it will be an announcement about a difference in the career plan. I won't be getting my hopes up.

I just re-read it this morning Becky and had the same thought. It it were about a Career Plan change, it would definitely come from Marla & Jean... my guess is it's a rah-rah call to kick off the New Year and a *don't forget to work* even though it's December... etc.

pamperedlinda said:

The Canadian Directors and above have to have 2 SCs to be paid as such. EVERYONE -- Adv and above....this type of structure would overturn some apple carts, but make it more fair -- instead of the D supporting the AD and aboves, they would have to work to support themselves....

finley1991 said:
I just re-read it this morning Becky and had the same thought. It it were about a Career Plan change, it would definitely come from Marla & Jean... my guess is it's a rah-rah call to kick off the New Year and a *don't forget to work* even though it's December... etc.

That would make sense, Colleen -- to give cheers and a 'get em' going, don't give up' talk to some who are on the edge of Directorship (or on the brink of losing it).

Oh, one more thing I thought of. At night I always read what was happening a year ago in my journal and it was yesterday that they announced a special promo for January.. I think it was the triple points day. So maybe something like that? My other thought is that they are going to announce something and the call is a *heads-up* for us before our teams hear it.

One request I made (actually a plea) to my D was that they NEED to announce the trip sooner. The reason (imo) being, if they announce, let's say Turks & Caicos (a girl can dream) and someone who's never worked at the trip level before hears it and is DYING to go and they hear the announcement on Jan 5th (or whatever date in Jan), they are already starting off the year NOT being on-track.

According to the On-Track Guide for this year, to be on-track for Toronto, we'd need 4000+ points at the end of January. So from the 5th-31st, they have to motor to make it happen to be on-track, and it's even more points for the higher level trips. HO is the one that beats it into us to have Jan scheduled by tomorrow. Why not announce it NOW to inspire us and our teams to make that happen?

On the other hand, I know that the trips are awards for consistency, etc. But enough inspiration could make someone consistent if they want something bad enough.

I just think that announcing the trip in Jan sets those who have never earned one or even know what it's all about up for failure because it can be hard to catch up...

Who knows...

finley1991 said:
One request I made (actually a plea) to my D was that they NEED to announce the trip sooner. The reason (imo) being, if they announce, let's say Turks & Caicos (a girl can dream) and someone who's never worked at the trip level before hears it and is DYING to go and they hear the announcement on Jan 5th (or whatever date in Jan), they are already starting off the year NOT being on-track.

...On the other hand, I know that the trips are awards for consistency, etc. But enough inspiration could make someone consistent if they want something bad enough.

I just think that announcing the trip in Jan sets those who have never earned one or even know what it's all about up for failure because it can be hard to catch up...

Who knows...

I agree! For example, if they announced a Mediterranean Cruise, you can bet I would be seriously over-booking January and doing EVERYTHING I could to get as many triple points as possible!

Weird that they didn't invite everyone to the call.

And I'm betting if they were to announce trips in Dec, that people would start moving Dec shows to Jan to help boost their progress, causing a huge drop in Dec for corporate. I'm betting they will keep holding off until Jan to alleviate lower Dec sales. ;)

Sheila said:
And I'm betting if they were to announce trips in Dec, that people would start moving Dec shows to Jan to help boost their progress, causing a huge drop in Dec for corporate. I'm betting they will keep holding off until Jan to alleviate lower Dec sales. ;)

That's exactly why they changed it to January.

The advanced director call is at 3:30 that day, so they are doing it in waves by level apparently.

I am thinking it might be an announcement about trip points also or some kind of recruiting promotion for December...

Sheila said:
Weird that they didn't invite everyone to the call.

hmmm, most of my Dec. hosts are doing it specifically for Christmas Shopping, and some of them are Cookie Exchange shows, so I don't know how I'd get them to switch to Jan.!

Usually, the only sales I have after about the 15th of Dec. are online sales.

But - I would be getting those fence-sitters to book for Jan!

See, for us overseas it wouldn't matter. By mid Nov, if they haven't already placed their order they probably won't get it in time for Christmas! LOL

execs have the call on the 1st so they are doing in waves based on title. All of the directors on my team got the invitation. Not all of them have earned the current trip or are even on track for one.

I finally got the e-mail. I kept checking spam and refreshing the browser, with nothing. Got up this morning and it was there. Weird that it took SEVERAL hours.

I loved it when they told us the disney trip in november... so i would be totally happy that would start releasing before jan 5th cause it really drove me in december to get my jan shows booked. That is what i am hoping for :) And that they admit and do something about the career plan.

Sheila said:
I finally got the e-mail. I kept checking spam and refreshing the browser, with nothing. Got up this morning and it was there. Weird that it took SEVERAL hours.

Me too -- Sheila, we must be on the end of the list! :eek:

Janice, apparently we are! LOL

jwpamp said:
If not, I was wondering if they are going to start bagging the orders for us prior to shipping? But still don't know why some of us would not have been included??

Am I totally imagining this, or didn't they announce they would start doing this??

pamperedbecky said:
Am I totally imagining this, or didn't they announce they would start doing this??

Some people mentioned they were in beta groups where they were testing this out but I haven't heard that it's happening.

Just got a reminder from a SED about the call... she ended her note with...

MAKE SURE you are on the call...you will be really happy you are!

I'm *hoping* someone who is on the call will come here and update. I should make the call but will be in the car driving home from my recruit interview tomorrow night and have a show Friday that ends at 1pm. I should be able to get on one or the other between the two but hate to rush things!!!!

Plus, if it's good, we'll want to come here and discuss it anyway, right? :angel:

I know!! Kathy sent out an email saying the same thing. She said it should open the floodgates for lots more promotions. Now I am soo intrigued!

beckyjsmith said:
I know!! Kathy sent out an email saying the same thing. She said it should open the floodgates for lots more promotions. Now I am soo intrigued!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I didn't hear THAT part! This might be THE quickest recruiting interview known to man!!!!!

ME: "Are you signing up or what? Great! Sign HERE! Okay! I'll be in touch!!!" :p

I'm dyin here now. I wish someone would SPILL!!!!
Colleen... girl you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!

The first one is at my 9:30 AM while the kids are up. The 2nd one is at my 3:30 AM. I sure hope the kids let me listen to the first one!One of my Team Leaders is coming in tonight from Okinawa. I'm going to try and talk her into staying here tonight and listening in with me. She has the structure and sales to promote, just missed it by one person who's on vacation in the states and didn't submit in Nov. :(. Hoping she makes it for Jan 1st.

finley1991 said:
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I didn't hear THAT part! This might be THE quickest recruiting interview known to man!!!!!

ME: "Are you signing up or what? Great! Sign HERE! Okay! I'll be in touch!!!" :p

LOL! That's so funny!

finley1991 said:

Love it, Colleen!!

ooooh, I"m excited! Maybe it'll have something to do with what that freebie product is for the 2 December shows!! I probably can't call in for the Thursday night one, but plan to for the Friday afternoon one. But I would love to hear the beans spilled when I come on here Thursday night after going out to a semi-networking/semi-social event that night. But if I don't go for some reason, I'm DEFINITELY calling in. I can't wait!

Okay - it's late, I was up late last night, and I still have laundry to do and a kitchen to clean...

and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the time difference for this call. :eek:

IF I'm on Eastern time, and the call is at 6:30CT - would I have to call in at 5:30, or at 7:30?

I know, I know - stupid question....I'm having some sort of mental block with it though!

You would call at 7:30 pm your time. :)

No worries Becky!7:30pm Eastern TimeAnd I just realized that I will probably make the call tomorrow night. My interview is at 5:30pm but it's an hour away so at least I can catch it in the car if need be!

Chefbeckyd said:
Okay - it's late, I was up late last night, and I still have laundry to do and a kitchen to clean...

and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the time difference for this call. :eek:

IF I'm on Eastern time, and the call is at 6:30CT - would I have to call in at 5:30, or at 7:30?

I know, I know - stupid question....I'm having some sort of mental block with it though!

hahaha I have this same problem. My sons live in Central time and I'm Eastern and I can never remember. One thing that helps lately is to recall that we used to be able to watch the tonight show when we lived in WI and now it's on too late.

My team meeting is 6:30-8:30 tomorrow and I'm thinking we'll all listen in. They are always telling me I know things before them and that I'm keeping things from them - actually I tell them most things as soon as I hear - so I thought they could get a peek at what directors hear first hand. Hopefully it'll be as exciting as this sounds and that it'll get some of them inspired. I'm thinking of billing it as "be in on the latest news by listening in on a director only call" - not saying anything about it to them until the meeting though as I haven't decided that I'll actually do this.

Thanks Ladies!

Actually - for some reason I had it in my mind I had to call at 5:30 - and was worried I wouldn't be able to break away then to do it. Then I got to thinking about it some more, and knew that 7:30 was right, but my mind just couldn't let go of 5:30.:rolleyes::blushing:

I'm happy that it's 7:30!

seriously- has ANYONE heard anything?

No... just a customer yelling at me about our return policy and she's pissed SHE has to send it back on her dime and she's NEVER going to order anything again. :mad:Sorry... vent over.I really can't wait for this call! I hope it's good since we're all in such anticipation!!!!!

Just got another reminder but no details!This better be good!!!!! :p

Clearly I am procrastinating today.

Update: The calls WILL NOT be recorded. (Last time they wouldn't record is when we had to do the booking blitz!!!!!)

Only other thing I got from a loop was:

I just wanted to make sure that no one talks about the calls being conducted by Home Office yesterday, today and tomorrow until tomorrow evening! I believe the last call is tomorrow afternoon.

I know there is a big announcement and we all should hear it when we are supposed to! I can't wait!

finley1991 said:
Just got another reminder but no details!

This better be good!!!!! :p

I know!!!! Me too!!!!! Arrrggghhhhhhhhhh... I can't wait until 6 freakin thirty!! I guess I will take a break from sorting those 13 boxes from my mystery host show to listen.:yuck: Anyone want to come help?

I'm going crazy too. Keep checking here to see if there's any more info. :rolleyes:

Just a bit over 7 hours to go.....why is time so slow today?

<h2>What Is the Call on the 2nd Going to Be About?</h2><p>The call on the 2nd is going to be about our plans and updates for the year 2011. It will also cover any important announcements and changes within the company.</p><h2>Did you get the email today about the call on the 2nd?</h2><p>Yes, all employees should have received an email regarding the call on the 2nd. If you did not receive it, please check your spam folder or contact your supervisor for more information.</p><h2>What news is going to be given about 2011?</h2><p>During the call on the 2nd, our CEO will be sharing our goals and plans for the upcoming year. This will include updates on new product releases, marketing strategies, and any changes in company policies.</p>

What Is the Call on the 2nd Going to Be About?

The call on the 2nd is going to be about our plans and updates for the year 2011. It will also cover any important announcements and changes within the company.

Did you get the email today about the call on the 2nd?

Yes, all employees should have received an email regarding the call on the 2nd. If you did not receive it, please check your spam folder or contact your supervisor for more information.

What news is going to be given about 2011?

During the call on the 2nd, our CEO will be sharing our goals and plans for the upcoming year. This will include updates on new product releases, marketing strategies, and any changes in company policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• analisanna
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DuenFounnyHok
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • twinchefs