• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scheduling Around Family Medical Issues

to chat about running a successful business?I would love to meet you, too! Let me know when would be a good time for you to come over for dinner. :)
koima
My son will need to have a minor surgery in early December. He is having a cyst removed from under his ear. He'll have to be knocked out for both the CT scan next week and the surgery itself, and he's 3, so he'll need a lot of TLC! (I'm trying not to be too anxious about the surgery itself, but positive thoughts that he'll be safe would certainly be welcomed!)

I haven't booked any shows for December but I have two holiday booths coming up. DH will be home those two days and it shouldn't be a problem if I'm out for the day if everything goes smoothly, but for shows, I would need to get them in early in the month since people are busy with the holidays the second half of the month.

Should I just plan on December being a non-active month and catch back up in January?

Many people on here will tell you to book December. I always have a hard time. I guess it depends on your area. I usually "coast" in December, not so much "take off the month" but I do booths, and set my January calendar up. I do this so Dec. is not a let down as far as ssales. My director does very well for herself, but in this economy especially I find it more difficult.

Good luck to you and prayers to your son!!

Yes, if you can get at least one show in December, or lots of orders to qualify as a show at your booths, you'll feel a lot better in January in case you don't have bookings then. Best of luck to your little guy!

Get at least two shows, even if you have to scrape together orders for your own catalog show. Two shows gets you another new spring product!

If you have customers interested in doing a December show, try to book catalog shows. This will keep your momentum going, while still helping your customers. Briefly explain your situation, and any reasonable person would totally understand.

raebates said:
Get at least two shows, even if you have to scrape together orders for your own catalog show. Two shows gets you another new spring product!

Oh, good point. I have one catalog show lined up, and the two booths might scrape together to be a show.

I'm really wanting to do a kick-butt January, so I'd like to schedule everyone for January so I can get those double points!

NO WAY! :) Just because it's a holiday month doesn't mean you have to count it all out. There's two whole weeks after his surgery and before Christmas that you can either book or work on catalog shows. Keep up the great work and get your January booked up great from those shows you do in December!

His surgery isn't scheduled yet, but will probably be in the first or second week of the month, and he'll be recovering for a week at least. Not knowing how he'll do, I am hesitant to book a show and have to cancel if he isn't doing well. I'll see if I can do a few Pamper Your Business shows early in the month to bring up sales, but I'm hesitant to book shows that I'd possibly have to cancel if he doesn't recover quickly or just wants his mommy.

I've come to terms with the fact that this December won't be my biggest. It's not a problem, though. We'll be gone to Dallas December 10 - 15 for our son's graduation. I'll be hosting my Grinch Party on Monday, December 8. I plan to spend December 9 packing, gathering up and submitting last-minute orders, and prepping the house for our departure. I have an expo on December 6. I don't do Sunday shows. December 1 is a team meeting. I don't do shows from the cut-off through the holidays because I set that time aside for family. That leaves December 2 - 5 for shows.I'm doing a 10 x $100 show that I'm calling Holiday Host Raffle. Between that and the expo I'll have my two shows.

Rae,
I'd LOVE to meet you
is there a night (or lunch) time you could come for dinner (& your husband of course)

Related to Scheduling Around Family Medical Issues

1. How do I request time off for a family medical issue?

To request time off for a family medical issue, you can submit a leave of absence request form to your manager. This form can be found on our internal employee portal. Please make sure to provide as much detail as possible about the situation and the expected duration of your absence.

2. Do I need to provide documentation for my family member's medical issue?

Yes, we ask that you provide documentation for any family member's medical issue that requires you to take time off. This can include a doctor's note, hospital discharge papers, or other relevant documentation. This is to ensure that your absence is justified and to protect the company's leave policies.

3. Can I use my sick days or vacation days for family medical issues?

Yes, you are able to use your sick days or vacation days for family medical issues. However, please note that these days will still count towards your allotted time off for the year. If you anticipate needing extended time off, we recommend speaking with your manager about a leave of absence.

4. What if my family member's medical issue requires me to work from home?

In some cases, working from home may be a viable option if your family member's medical issue requires your care. Please discuss this possibility with your manager and provide documentation from your family member's healthcare provider. We will do our best to accommodate this request, but it may not always be feasible depending on your role and responsibilities.

5. Are there any resources available for employees with family medical issues?

Yes, we offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that provides confidential support and resources for employees and their families. This can include counseling services, legal and financial assistance, and referrals to other resources. You can access the EAP through our employee portal or by calling the designated phone number.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies