• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Expanding Our Family: A Personal Journey

In summary, Kelly and her husband have three kids between them, with one being a toddler they have together. Kelly suggested her husband get a vasectomy since they had already met their medical insurance deductible, but he changed his mind and they continued to use birth control pills. However, after a conversation about having another baby, they have decided to stop taking the pills and trust in God's plan for their family. They are concerned about space in their 3-bedroom house but believe that if it's meant to be, everything will work out. Kelly is excited but also nervous about the possibility of having another baby at 35. She hasn't told friends and family yet but wanted to share the news with her online community. Others have also shared their similar
Wow! Congratulations!! I am so very happy for you (and a bit jealous cuz I want another one!). Keep us posted on how everything goes!

I am counting down the minutes till I can call the doctor...it's only 8:24 here so I have a while to wait!

WHOOO HOOOO!

Just saw this thread - how did I miss it???

Congratulations Kelly!:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

I just have to say that the little smiley you posted was... well.... too funny for words!! How did you ever find a "sperm" smiley? I fell out in the floor when I saw that! my DH was getting ready for work when I saw that and busted out laughing. I'm wiping the tears now.

Congrats again! and keep us posted!

Guess what? My doctors office is CLOSED due to an emergency gas line leak!!

So, I am on hold to find out if my family dr. can do a test to confirm!

(I did use the second EPT test that I had here. First thing this morning...came up postive just as quickly as yesterday!)

Congrats Kelly!!

Congrats Kelly!! :chef:

Congrats Kelly!! Hope you have a wonderful 9 months and it will be fun to see your growing baby bump at conference!!

You know they say that you can have false negative but not a false positive!

Congrats Kelly!!!

Congratulations Kelly!! Nice to hear happy news. :D :D

Congratulations to you! May you have a blessed, happy & healhy nine (er 10) months! :)

KellyTheChef said:
Guess what? My doctors office is CLOSED due to an emergency gas line leak!!

So, I am on hold to find out if my family dr. can do a test to confirm!

(I did use the second EPT test that I had here. First thing this morning...came up postive just as quickly as yesterday!)

I'm sure there is no question you are...now tell us your due date!!!!

Or PM me and I'll tell you how to calculate it!

I just read about the second positive!! Congrats again and yes please do keep us posted!

Congrats Kelly!!!

So, Kelly, did you ever get to see your doctor?? Any new news for us out here who are living vicariously through you??? ;)

Kelly that is awesome news. I'm very excited for you.

No doctors yet...I decided to wait and go to my OB for the test and couldn't get in till Monday.

I already "cheated" and looked at due date calendars...my due date should be November 13th. (Our 8 year anniversary is on Nov 11th!)

Funny thing...I went to my BSF bible study this morning and one of the other ladies just figured out she was preg too! We will probably have about the same due dates!! (We already had one lady who is due in August...and then Bonnie and I both sat down next to her this morning...when Bonnie and I announced today, all the other ladies moved their chairs AWAY from the three preggos!! LOL)

That is exciting Kelly. Wish you and your family much happiness with this little one coming!! :) :) :) :)

KellyTheChef said:
No doctors yet...I decided to wait and go to my OB for the test and couldn't get in till Monday.

I already "cheated" and looked at due date calendars...my due date should be November 13th. (Our 8 year anniversary is on Nov 11th!)

Funny thing...I went to my BSF bible study this morning and one of the other ladies just figured out she was preg too! We will probably have about the same due dates!! (We already had one lady who is due in August...and then Bonnie and I both sat down next to her this morning...when Bonnie and I announced today, all the other ladies moved their chairs AWAY from the three preggos!! LOL)

Yay for November babies!! I didn't plan well and had mine in July... THAT was a tough summer!! Well, keep us posted, OK?? I am so excited for you!!

November is a wonderful month in which to have a baby. I was born November 3, and look how great I am. :)

Well Rae, I'm a little partial to July babies. ;)

I am a November baby too... November 1st to be exact & I must say November babies are the best babies!! LoL!

September is a pretty good month too..... :)

:D Congrats Kelly

Summer babies are cool! (Janet and I share July 29th as our b-day!)

I always felt bad for my mom...she had me at the end of July and my brothers b-day is in August...she had to go through the summer with both of us!!

DH's plan was to have the baby in March or April...(really, his thought was that would be easier on me!) God had different plans and made it take a little longer than we expected! Good thing He knows best!

Room enough to receive blessings...Kelly, after years of trying... we finally put it in God's hands and I specifically asked... Please send me a son. I don't know why that is what I wanted. This after reading about Hannah... 10 months later, I had Samuel... because I had asked him of the Lord... He can part a sea, move a mountain, change a heart (sometimes mine to his will). Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time... doubt not;fear not. Now we also have Luke-- the bearer of light. Side note, doctors said I would Never bear children. Again... the sea parting... But I had to be willing to get my ankles wet. God bless. May he pour you out a blessing that you will "not have room enough to receive it!" (Malachi 3:10) Or in your case, more rooms to receive it!

Awww...thanks Stephanie! Yea God for giving you TWO blessings!

CONGRATS KELLY!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I can tell you as a registered lab tech, that there is NO such thing as a false POSITIVE pregnancy test! My DH was born in November, and I can vouch for what a wonderful guy he is! Keep us posted!

Yep...it's official! I went to the doctor's this morning...

My due date is November 14th...DH says it's gonna be a Halloween baby!

How exciting!! Congrats again!! November is a GREAT month for the GREATEST people!! Shoot for November 1st- that's my birthday!!

Halloween birthday parties were the best as a child!!

Woo-hoo! Congrats!P.S. Now when do we find out if it is one baby or two? *ducking and running away*

Kelly - congrats again! That's fantastic!!! :D

As a november baby myself...I can agree with Amy - November is the best for birthdays!! :D

Yep, Nov's good! My bday is the 7th. We have lots of Nov b-day's in my family. At least now you know it's "official"!

How exciting Kelly! Congratulations:)

Congratulations Kelly!

KellyTheChef said:
Yep...it's official! I went to the doctor's this morning...

My due date is November 14th...DH says it's gonna be a Halloween baby!
If you hold out to the 15th you could have a little baby chef-Steph! Hee. That is my glorious birthday-- I was supposed to be a boy though and was supposed to be little Stephen... Ahh. I love being a girl!

Congrats that is great news. We are a Feb/March birthday family, but November is a good month too :)

Congrats Kelly! Most the people in our family are September birthday's. There isn't much to do in the cold in December and January except, well...nookie! :)

We do have a few b-day's sprinkled in January, February, March, April, May, August, October, and Novembe and December, but 60% of them are in September.

Mine is in the coolest month ever...January! :)

<h2>1. What made you and your husband consider expanding your family?</h2><p>We already have three children between us and last fall, when we met our medical insurance deductible, I mentioned to my husband that he should get a vasectomy. However, he changed his mind and we decided to keep our options open.</p><h2>2. Are you currently using birth control?</h2><p>Yes, I have been on birth control pills since last fall. They are expensive at $47 per month, but my husband and I have decided to stop using them.</p><h2>3. How do you plan to accommodate another child in your current living situation?</h2><p>We currently have a 3 bedroom house and all three rooms are filled. If we have another boy, he can share a room with our youngest son. If we have a girl, we may have to build a bedroom downstairs for my husband and I, and the baby girl would stay in our room upstairs.</p><h2>4. Are you worried about the financial aspect of having another child?</h2><p>Initially, I was worried about the financial burden of having another child. However, I have decided to trust in God and believe that if it is in His plan for us to have another child, He will provide for us.</p><h2>5. Have you told your friends and family about your decision to have another child?</h2><p>No, I have not told anyone yet. I am not sure if I want to deal with the constant questioning and speculation. However, I wanted to share my news with all of you!</p>

1. What made you and your husband consider expanding your family?

We already have three children between us and last fall, when we met our medical insurance deductible, I mentioned to my husband that he should get a vasectomy. However, he changed his mind and we decided to keep our options open.

2. Are you currently using birth control?

Yes, I have been on birth control pills since last fall. They are expensive at $47 per month, but my husband and I have decided to stop using them.

3. How do you plan to accommodate another child in your current living situation?

We currently have a 3 bedroom house and all three rooms are filled. If we have another boy, he can share a room with our youngest son. If we have a girl, we may have to build a bedroom downstairs for my husband and I, and the baby girl would stay in our room upstairs.

4. Are you worried about the financial aspect of having another child?

Initially, I was worried about the financial burden of having another child. However, I have decided to trust in God and believe that if it is in His plan for us to have another child, He will provide for us.

5. Have you told your friends and family about your decision to have another child?

No, I have not told anyone yet. I am not sure if I want to deal with the constant questioning and speculation. However, I wanted to share my news with all of you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pcchefjane