• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Considering Expanding Our Family: A Personal Journey

In summary, Kelly and her husband have three kids between them, with one being a toddler they have together. Kelly suggested her husband get a vasectomy since they had already met their medical insurance deductible, but he changed his mind and they continued to use birth control pills. However, after a conversation about having another baby, they have decided to stop taking the pills and trust in God's plan for their family. They are concerned about space in their 3-bedroom house but believe that if it's meant to be, everything will work out. Kelly is excited but also nervous about the possibility of having another baby at 35. She hasn't told friends and family yet but wanted to share the news with her online community. Others have also shared their similar
Chef Michelle D said:
Good luck with making baby #2 it can be a lot of work but at least it's fun!!!

As for insurance companies paying for birth control pills. I worked for an insurance company for 6 years before I had my son 8 years ago. In Massachusetts at least it was up to the company that carried the insurance if they paid for the birth control pills not the insurance company. I know things have changed over the years I have not worked in the industry but I think that might still be the case.

If you still have any birth control pills laying aroud if you put one pill in a gallon of water it's great for your plants. The hormones in the pill make your plants go crazy. My OB told me that years ago when I had to switch pill brands.
No way! I have never heard that!! I don't have any left...but I will keep that little tidbit in mind!!

janetupnorth said:
When you're trying to have a kid, you need to get rid of the silcone...er, I mean latex... ;)
LOL:eek: :D :eek: :D

If it's a boy, you can name him Twixit....
of course, Chillzanne for a girl.

Kelly... I'm SO excited for you! We have 7 kids... 4 bedrooms and we are just thinning down kid wise... this summer we had 6 home full time. You can do anything... God will get you through. My dd age 11 and ds age 9 are still in the same room. They are just now getting into discussions about having their own rooms. If their sisters ever find something to rent then maybe it will happen but they all LOVE having slumber parties in each others rooms. If God chooses to bless you with another of His precious children to protect and raise, He'll show you His plan for all the little details. I was 19 when our first was born and 42 with the last one. You can do whatever is needed ... through HIS strenth! Have a blast!

Kelly, I'm sure it will all work out. Children are such blessings, even when we think they aren't. (when you have a bad day, they didn't get enough sleep) Have fun trying!

Good Luck Kelly!! :D

Kelly, Any news? Something in that original post just stuck with me and I wonder every so often how you're doing. We just found out we're due in September and it made me think of you. Sending a prayer your way that you have good news for us!!!!!!!!!

LBurke said:
Kelly, Any news? Something in that original post just stuck with me and I wonder every so often how you're doing. We just found out we're due in September and it made me think of you. Sending a prayer your way that you have good news for us!!!!!!!!!

I guess I know what a lot of people were doing around Christmas time or so! :rolleyes:

My SIL is due 9/21 - a guy at work is having twins...she is due 9/19 (but of course they'll come in August probably)...

No news here yet...thanks for keeping me in your thoughts though!
Congrats on your news!!

janetupnorth said:
My SIL is due 9/21 - a guy at work is having twins...she is due 9/19 (but of course they'll come in August probably)...
Wow! A medical miracle!

My twin sister and I were due in mid-October, but arrived in late August. Of course, mom didn't know she was having twins at all.

chefann said:
Wow! A medical miracle!

My twin sister and I were due in mid-October, but arrived in late August. Of course, mom didn't know she was having twins at all.

You know what I mean... :rolleyes: :p

Now that's a surprise!!!! REALLY early and not knowing!

Kelly, I wish you good luck with the whole baby thing.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with the BC thing. I cannot beleive that insurance companies wouldn't want to put a little bit of money forward to not have a kid than to pay for the birth and all the medical bills that comes with raising a child. My doctor just switched me to another pill but won't let me go to a generic (the whole if a generic pill fails you get a baby thing). She gave me 5 months of samples to see if I like them. It's been so nice to not have to pay that monthly "fee". It's going to be sad when I have to start paying again.

My Dh and his twin brother was for sure a suprise. His mom and dad didn't know until 2 hours before they were born that they were twins!! Talk about shock. The funny part is, when his mawmaw saw the nurse holding 2 babies, mawmaw hit the floor passed out. LOL. Just thought I would share.

That's almost exactly what happened with my sister and me. Mom's doctor was going to tell her at her next appointment that she was carrying twins. She went into labor the day before the appt., didn't tell anyone (my folks were at my cousin's christening party), and there was no time for her doctor to get to the hospital before we were born. So the on-call doc delivered us, and didn't know himself there were 2 of us. My parents only had one name picked out and were told to think of a second so there'd "be something to put on the death certificate" because they didn't expect my sister to make it.

Kelly,
I just read through this entire post. You mentioned how quickly you conceived before, but you didn't say (unless I missed it) how long you were on the pill. It could be that your body is re-adjusting still, if you were on it for very long.
So, hang in there! I just know we're gonna read your "announcement" soon!!

Best of luck to all of you!
Paula

Paula~

Yep, I think I was on the pill for SIXTEEN YEARS before going off for my first son! I was quite suprised to get preg. so quickly then, because of that!

I am still not stressing about this. If God's plan is for us to have another, it will happen in His timing!

Atta girl!!

And in the meantime, here's to givin' it "the ol' college try", as they say!!

It IS Saturday night, after all! <grin>

Seriously speaking, though, Kelly, I've really enjoyed reading your posts since I've joined this group. I have absolutely no doubt that you will adjust to a new baby just fine! You seem to be a really sweet, caring person, and will love your new baby to pieces!! I hope you get to meet him or her real soon!!

Paula

Awww....thanks Paula!!
You made my night!

So, why are you still on here, instead of "taking care of business", young lady...??
(giggle)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Paula

Trust your heart/intuition/G-d, and things will be they way they are meant to be for you.

At the very least, have fun with the conception part ;-)

Well...since July my periods have been 27-29 days apart.
Today is day 31 so I took a test.

It came up postive!

Now I need to call the Dr. in the morning and schedule an appt to be absolutely sure!

DH is such a great guy...I told him and he is so excited! Then again, he did mention big boobies for nine months....:D

Congrats Kelly! I am so happy for you.

Way to go! For some reason I thought about this thread yesterday when picking up my BC pills. Weird how little things pop into your head. Just to let you all know, my doctor switched my pills and had been giving me samples for the last 5 months to see how they worked. I was shocked to discover that they were alot cheaper than the pills I had been paying for and still are a name brand pill (my doctor won't let me take generic pills because she doesn't trust them and I trust her!). Cannot wait for the day for me to go off the pill...

Congrats!! I have been following this post & hoped it was YOUR good news that Bumped it!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I hadn't seen this thread until today, but I am soooo thrilled for you!! My DD just turned 1 today, and I am a little sad at knowing that I will probably never have a teeny tiny baby again, or the experience of being pregnant, even though I know 3 kids is probably all I can handle! You will be just as blown away by this new little one as your first!! I'm getting a little teary eyed here - I am so thrilled for you!!

Now I really need to see how far away Hartfield is from me!! I'm going to need to get a new baby "fix" when this little one arrives!! :)

Edit: Hartfield? I mean Hartville... Oops!

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how things go at the doc's office! There's been plenty o' talk of twins on this thread... you never know!! I have a girlfriend that just found out she was having twins after already having 2 boys at home! Keep us updated!!
:)

I'm waiting on my DH to change his mind too! Maybe I'll have news like this before I"m 40! :)

:balloon: :balloon: Congratulations!!!:balloon: :balloon:

:D :D :D :D

What incredible news!!!​

Last edited:
Congratulations Kelly! How exciting for you all!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

KellyTheChef said:
Well...since July my periods have been 27-29 days apart.
Today is day 31 so I took a test.

It came up postive!

Now I need to call the Dr. in the morning and schedule an appt to be absolutely sure!

DH is such a great guy...I told him and he is so excited! Then again, he did mention big boobies for nine months....:D

WHOHOO!!!!!

Yeah Kelly! I'm been so busy with EVERYTHING this weekend this is my first stop in - GREAT to hear such good news!

Great news Kelly! Congratulations:)

Congratulations Kelly!

Thanks for all of the well wishes! I knew everyone would be so supportive and excited!

NO THINKING TWINS, though!! We aren't even going there!

Congrats Kelly! Best wishes!

Congratulations!

That's wonderful news, Kelly. Be sure to let us know what the doctor says.

Congratulations!!

pamperedlinda said:
Congratulations Kelly!
I love that smiley! I just added it to my list!

Where is KG's dancing banana when you need it? ;)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/mrsford7/blinky/stars.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/mrsford7/blinky/bliss.gif
party0011.gif
ththcheerleader.gif

And these are the most relevant...

Congratulations, Kelly!! Best wishes to you for a healthy and happy 9 months!! :)

Good Luck Kelly! We are hoping to try for #2 after my daughters 2nd b-day in July....It took us a year to get our blessing the first time around so I guess we will see what the second attempt brings! God made us wait and it was well worth it! He blesses us when we are truly ready not when we think we are ready....I learned this the hard way but it sounds like you are ready so maybe your luck will continue and 1 try will do the trick (although DH might want a few more trys LOL) Keep us posted, and we will keep you in our prayers!

Woo-hoo!! I saw that this post had been bumped, and I saw something on another thread the other day from you, and I was hoping this was your news that you were preggers! When I finally got through the thread to your post, I yelled out, Woo-hoo, and startled DH!! I am so excited for you!!!Oh, and twins aren't THAT bad, once you get used to the idea... ;)

KellyTheChef said:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/mrsford7/blinky/stars.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/mrsford7/blinky/bliss.gif
party0011.gif
ththcheerleader.gif

And these are the most relevant...

I'm noticing a number of your cute smilies have a decidedly PINK theme... any subliminal messages there????????

Oh yeah, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Doin' a little happy dance for you!

YAY KELLY!!!!

I'm so happy for you!! I had 3 in 4 years....lovin' every moment!! There's always enough love~What a huge blessing!!!

I had 3 c-sections & had my tubes tied (after my incision started coming apart while I was still pregnant w/ #3:eek: :eek: :yuck: ) and yesterday my hubby said he wouldn't mind having just 1 more!!:eek: Ellie is almost 2, so I think he's just seeing the kids grow & getting all mushy....
Anyways~sorry for the hijack!!
CONGRATS

Congrats, Kelly!! That's exciting news!:)

Awesome news, Kelly! Congratulations!

Oh wow, Kelly! That is great news!

I've been trying with DH for almost 12 years to have a baby. Just last month I was almost 3 months late, and despite the negative tests (because I'm never late and I have hormone issues,so I thought that was causing the tests not to read positive) we found out I wasn't pregnant. I really thought I was- had quite a few of the major symptoms for about 8 weeks straight...but no baby... I hope you get another bundle of joy! I know how much I would like one, so I'm sending extra baby prayers your way!

It does help to have my 3.5 year old niece living with us for now- but I would still like to experience it in my own, ya know?

Don't worry about the kids sharing a room... I had to share a room with my sister- and when my folks were able to build a bigger house with 4 bedrooms, my Step-Sister came to live with us during college and I ended up needing to share a room with her for a while too- it'll all work out in the end.

Best of luck.

BTW....

Are you pregnant yet? LOL! Kidding, I just couldn't resist! :)

Yeah Kelly~that's awesome! I was hoping it was you that brought this thread back up! Let us know what the doc says!

<h2>1. What made you and your husband consider expanding your family?</h2><p>We already have three children between us and last fall, when we met our medical insurance deductible, I mentioned to my husband that he should get a vasectomy. However, he changed his mind and we decided to keep our options open.</p><h2>2. Are you currently using birth control?</h2><p>Yes, I have been on birth control pills since last fall. They are expensive at $47 per month, but my husband and I have decided to stop using them.</p><h2>3. How do you plan to accommodate another child in your current living situation?</h2><p>We currently have a 3 bedroom house and all three rooms are filled. If we have another boy, he can share a room with our youngest son. If we have a girl, we may have to build a bedroom downstairs for my husband and I, and the baby girl would stay in our room upstairs.</p><h2>4. Are you worried about the financial aspect of having another child?</h2><p>Initially, I was worried about the financial burden of having another child. However, I have decided to trust in God and believe that if it is in His plan for us to have another child, He will provide for us.</p><h2>5. Have you told your friends and family about your decision to have another child?</h2><p>No, I have not told anyone yet. I am not sure if I want to deal with the constant questioning and speculation. However, I wanted to share my news with all of you!</p>

1. What made you and your husband consider expanding your family?

We already have three children between us and last fall, when we met our medical insurance deductible, I mentioned to my husband that he should get a vasectomy. However, he changed his mind and we decided to keep our options open.

2. Are you currently using birth control?

Yes, I have been on birth control pills since last fall. They are expensive at $47 per month, but my husband and I have decided to stop using them.

3. How do you plan to accommodate another child in your current living situation?

We currently have a 3 bedroom house and all three rooms are filled. If we have another boy, he can share a room with our youngest son. If we have a girl, we may have to build a bedroom downstairs for my husband and I, and the baby girl would stay in our room upstairs.

4. Are you worried about the financial aspect of having another child?

Initially, I was worried about the financial burden of having another child. However, I have decided to trust in God and believe that if it is in His plan for us to have another child, He will provide for us.

5. Have you told your friends and family about your decision to have another child?

No, I have not told anyone yet. I am not sure if I want to deal with the constant questioning and speculation. However, I wanted to share my news with all of you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
pcchefjane