• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Reflecting on my AWESOME TIME: Highlights, Lowlights & Revelations

In summary, the conversation focused on the participant's experience of an awesome time spent with friends, having no babysitting to do. There were lowlights such as the Go For No presentation, which had been done before and lacked new information, and highlights such as Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting, Jean's shoes, and meeting other Chef Success & Director Chef Success consultants. Revelations included selling being a service, 6 out of 10 guests at shows thinking about the business, and the importance of asking the right questions during customer calls. The speaker also mentioned appreciating the focus on the business aspect of the conference, rewards for performers, and the emphasis on recruiting big numbers.
finley1991 said:
She spoke at our Director's Retreat... very interesting and informative!

Yes, I had seen the info passed on when she did the Director's Retreat. I could relate to her so well.

baychef said:
I can not log onto this link...help? I think the system is not working. I tried my own website via search and it did not come up.

My website isn't working either.

baychef said:
I took the one right after Jillian and Teresa Brown. My speakers were Love Carpenter and.....I know her face but not her name.

Thank you for leading me to Jillian's notes!!!

Donna Landy was the other one that presented with Love... GREAT workshop!

baychef said:
I was highly disappointed and a bit critical in my survey. I had heard that HO was disappointed that more did not try for the coach purses. (for me personally, they do not interest me).
I think a lot of us tried but did not earn it. It is not fair of them to think we did not try. I know I tried very hard. So hard it got me incredible stressed out. I am already stressed about 2 consultants in July for trip points. I am also stress out about the unknown requirement to earn diamonds for my ring. I am dreading that the bar will be just a little too high for me to earn the diamonds in only 3 months. I just decided today that I am going to stop putting an emphasis on getting the immediate rewards. I am going to do my very best that I can and if my results happen to fall in a month that they are giving rewards then I will earn one. If it doesn't then I just get a good paycheck and new team members.

cookingwithlove said:
I think a lot of us tried but did not earn it. It is not fair of them to think we did not try. I know I tried very hard. So hard it got me incredible stressed out. I am already stressed about 2 consultants in July for trip points. I am also stress out about the unknown requirement to earn diamonds for my ring. I am dreading that the bar will be just a little too high for me to earn the diamonds in only 3 months. I just decided today that I am going to stop putting an emphasis on getting the immediate rewards. I am going to do my very best that I can and if my results happen to fall in a month that they are giving rewards then I will earn one. If it doesn't then I just get a good paycheck and new team members.

I started doing this a while ago and it is freeing... if you can look yourself in the mirror and say that you work your business to the best of your ability every day than that is what counts. Qualifying a consultant in 30 days is hard... that is why the put all the carrots out there. I recruit enough people to get every promotion... except... I can't make those new people qualify in 30 days. I mentor, train, coach and cheerlead... I can't make anyone do anything so I can get a purse out of it. They almost all qualify eventually for me and I look at the bigger picture, which for me is a paycheck.

SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

In Lydia Martin's workshop, she stressed that "it's not about the title." My D was sitting in front of me during the workshop and kept turning around during it and looking at me. It was almost as though Lydia wrote her portion exclusively for me because everything she said was spot on for me and my biz. I told my D that I could just go home right then because I got what I needed to get.

It really helped me change my focus... it's not about the incentives, it's about growing my team and growing my personal biz. I have set a goal to earn Heritage Home. And looking at my biz, anyone and everyone would shake their heads and tell me that I need a reality check. I am no where near what the big dogs who earn these incentives sell each month.

Will it be a stretch? Heck YES! I need to increase my sales (starting this month) a minimum of 33% just to hit the minimum requirement. Can I do it? Why not? Will I earn it? Who knows? But the results will be increased commissions, more sales, more leads, and a kick-a$$ fall! And maybe I will earn it. I have nothing to lose by trying and I'm going to stop talking about working my biz and actually start working it.

I need to add 2 more July shows (if I add 1 more, I'll get $150 in gas cards). I'm coaching my hosts to close the morning after. I'm actually doing a Quartermania event on Monday to get more bookings. (I have never done one so don't ask me questions because I have no clue about them!!! LOL!)

So for me, what I took away from conference... it's not about the title, the incentives, etc... it's about working my biz and 3-2-1. :chef:

finley1991 said:
SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

Will it be a stretch? Heck YES! I need to increase my sales (starting this month) a minimum of 33% just to hit the minimum requirement. :chef:

What is the minimum?

Melissa78 said:
What is the minimum?

$15k total from July 1 - Sept 30. :)

DebbieJ said:
Are you KIDDING me?? Now the UL event is not even a dinner???

Hey, the sliders tasted really good after 4 or 5 glasses of wine!!! :p

I knew it would be just a meet and greet -- was nice to see people before the craziness of conference began.

jwpamp said:
Hey, the sliders tasted really good after 4 or 5 glasses of wine!!! :p

I knew it would be just a meet and greet -- was nice to see people before the craziness of conference began.

they gave you wine, but no food? wow!

finley1991 said:
$15k total from July 1 - Sept 30. :)

where is
this promotion?

sorry I mean the gas card

pamperedlinda said:
they gave you wine, but no food? wow!

Yep! I can't drink and function the next day. Our train ride was long (but most people have long travel days). Luckily I found some grapes left from a garnish for the cheese and crackers.

Last year we had this incredible dinner and it was a nice honor.:chef:

finley1991 said:
SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

In Lydia Martin's workshop, she stressed that "it's not about the title." My D was sitting in front of me during the workshop and kept turning around during it and looking at me. It was almost as though Lydia wrote her portion exclusively for me because everything she said was spot on for me and my biz. I told my D that I could just go home right then because I got what I needed to get.

It really helped me change my focus... it's not about the incentives, it's about growing my team and growing my personal biz. I have set a goal to earn Heritage Home. And looking at my biz, anyone and everyone would shake their heads and tell me that I need a reality check. I am no where near what the big dogs who earn these incentives sell each month.

Will it be a stretch? Heck YES! I need to increase my sales (starting this month) a minimum of 33% just to hit the minimum requirement. Can I do it? Why not? Will I earn it? Who knows? But the results will be increased commissions, more sales, more leads, and a kick-a$$ fall! And maybe I will earn it. I have nothing to lose by trying and I'm going to stop talking about working my biz and actually start working it.

I need to add 2 more July shows (if I add 1 more, I'll get $150 in gas cards). I'm coaching my hosts to close the morning after. I'm actually doing a Quartermania event on Monday to get more bookings. (I have never done one so don't ask me questions because I have no clue about them!!! LOL!)

So for me, what I took away from conference... it's not about the title, the incentives, etc... it's about working my biz and 3-2-1. :chef:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. I was talking with my ED today and I mentioned that the word behaviors struck me. She said habits...I shared with her that for me the word behavior said more to me than habit. It is just a matter of semantics but one word just carried more power for me.

Colleen you are so right. And that just dove tails with my behavior theme. It is a marathon not a sprint. The rewards will come as we contintue to practice the behavior.

In our class Love Carpenter mentioned how she just started doing retreats. She shared that they were not perfect but just taking the action was what meant something. This also spoke to me!

And....I came home with a recruit lead tonight too!:)

finley1991 I have set a goal to earn Heritage Home. And looking at my biz said:
I'm going to stop talking about working my biz and actually start working it. [/B]

With the option to earn it based on % increase over last year, I think there is a really good chance to earn it!! How are you figuring out your % for this and how do you break it down into a shows per month goal?

cincychef said:
With the option to earn it based on % increase over last year, I think there is a really good chance to earn it!! How are you figuring out your % for this and how do you break it down into a shows per month goal?
We need at least $15k to earn it... that means at least $5k/mo divided by show avg (mine is $678 for the last three years and $761 for this year). My goal is to do $18k total. I did $4611 over the three-month span last year so that helps (LOL!) because I might be able to earn it by having a big increase.So my goal is $6k/mo so I need 8-9 shows to do it. More if I can. The thing is, we're competing with those who do $10k+/mo. How I figured out the increase... I avg $4k/mo in sales... need to do $6k so that's a 33% increase. Since my goal is $18k, my increase will end up being 390%.So we will see.... :D

trps said:
sorry I mean the gas card

It was a promotion for Conference Attendees only. Did you go to conference?

Chef Kearns said:
It was a promotion for Conference Attendees only. Did you go to conference?

yes but must have missed this what is it?

trps said:
yes but must have missed this what is it?

The info is in the promotions grid behind CC. On the apron flyer.

DebbieJ said:
The info is in the promotions grid behind CC. On the apron flyer.

I only see the recruiting bonus for conference attendees
I kept thinking they usually offer something but just can't find it

It's in the Summer Action Plan booklet they gave us as we were exiting the last General Session on the back page.

finley1991 said:
It's in the Summer Action Plan booklet they gave us as we were exiting the last General Session on the back page.

OK that's why I had to leave early to take care of a family issue so I did not go to the General Session. What are the requirements? TIA

Hold & Submit 2 July Shows - get apronFor NC attendees only:
Hold & Submit 2 more July Shows (4 total) - Get Skinny Mini Going Places bag with a $50 gas card inside
For every additional 2 shows held and submitted in July you'll receive another $50 gas card. No limits! I'll see if I can scan in the flyer... hold please.

I couldn't do the whole flyer... but here is a pic of the details... hope you can see it!

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 296
Sorry... it's not the best...

Thank you so much!! I have 10 shows but think I will see about those catalog shows that are always waiting to close and get them closed!

cookingwithlove said:

I found with myself that when I focus at all on any of the recruiting incentives, I think way too much about me and not about others and when I focus on others and helping them get what they want, I have true joy and don't worry about the incentives. I got the cooler for May was it? I was SO excited when I got the email because I had forgotten all about that! I had been celebrating with my new consultant on her great sales for her first 30 days and just so thankful for her... and as much as I want some of the things offered right now, I'm going to focus on how PC can change my recruits lives.. not how some powered kitchen appliance may benefit me.. .then I can be surprised again if God blesses me with it! I remember at my first Leadership Conference, the theme was "It's not about you" and that meant so much to me. I am sorry that I've let that go a time or two when I did desire an incentive too much... and I am concentrating on the blessings my recruits and team can receive as they grow.

finley1991 said:
We need at least $15k to earn it... that means at least $5k/mo divided by show avg (mine is $678 for the last three years and $761 for this year). My goal is to do $18k total. I did $4611 over the three-month span last year so that helps (LOL!) because I might be able to earn it by having a big increase.

So my goal is $6k/mo so I need 8-9 shows to do it. More if I can. The thing is, we're competing with those who do $10k+/mo.

How I figured out the increase... I avg $4k/mo in sales... need to do $6k so that's a 33% increase. Since my goal is $18k, my increase will end up being 390%.

So we will see.... :D

Colleen - inbox me please either on FB or here...I have no clue how to figure out my %. I am mathematically challenged :(

You and me both Caro! I'm just not gonna get too excited about it. LOL! It is probably out of my reach. I will work my biz H-A-R-D because I need to, but I don't wanna drive myself crazy for this or any other incentive. That's just me!!

Chef Kearns said:
You and me both Caro! I'm just not gonna get too excited about it. LOL! It is probably out of my reach. I will work my biz H-A-R-D because I need to, but I don't wanna drive myself crazy for this or any other incentive. That's just me!!

I agree.. I won't make myself crazy. I'm just going to try and see. I have nothing to lose. I'm hoping to create some good new *behaviors*!!!!

finley1991 said:
I agree.. I won't make myself crazy. I'm just going to try and see. I have nothing to lose. I'm hoping to create some good new *behaviors*!!!!

Perhaps I have tried to change many bad "habits" in the past that behavior spoke to me...or maybe behaviors sounds less of a committment...or maybe the nuns in their "habits" spooked me:D...I don't get me either sometimes!!!:confused:

Now was I just dreaming but did they say something about earning diamonds for our current jewelry? My attention span can become quite short. I have no diamonds in my ring so none looks better than one lonely one.

baychef said:
Now was I just dreaming but did they say something about earning diamonds for our current jewelry? My attention span can become quite short. I have no diamonds in my ring so none looks better than one lonely one.

I agree the year I had one was an ugly ring but all the rest look fine and still exciting because you knew you earned that one (I guess I have the old style) but I like even and I have 5 diamonds and need the 6 to be even again.

finley1991 said:

Colleen, I wasn't trying to slam anyone (and I know you are not slamming me, I just want to clarify.). I just was speaking on my own personal choice. I've made myself nuts about the incentives before. Guess how well that turned out???!!

OMGosh Sandra! I did not feel slammed whatsoever!!!!

I just got off a call with my D and told her that since I've told everyone else about earning the HH incentive that I should share it with her. And what's funny is that as we talked about it, earning is not the real payoff so if I earn it, great, if I don't, I've sold more on a 3-month span than ever before and that means more income for me (YAY! :money:), more leads and more bookings to set myself up for an incredible fall! The HH trip itself falls lower on the list. I hope that makes sense and I felt no slamming!!!! :)

I'm just excited about my biz overall just to see what I can do!!!!

So I just checked my % increase on the prior year comparison July 2010 vs July 2011.....591% increase. Now July of last year was my worst month the entire year and July of this year was my best so far, but still even if I don't earn the HH trip (which would be cool) I can still be happy that I worked my summer better!

Way to go Chantelle! :D

Way to go Chantelle! I'm up 250% over last year. My Aug is tanking badly and I'm not sure how I'm going to recover. I have some ideas but my heart isn't in it right now. And I'm bummed. I need to snap out of whatever this is that I'm going through!!!!

I am up 241% and already up 100% for August. I think new directors are the ones who will earn this, if they had nothing last year and $1000 this year they are up 1000%

finley1991 said:
Highlights: Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting. Blew my socks off! Her system is so friggin' basic that it's scary! I can't wait to try it this week!

Do you have notes or does she have notes posted somewhere?

Did anyone find out if Jillian Grant posted notes somewhere? I don't see anything on her website...

finley1991 said:
Way to go Chantelle! I'm up 250% over last year. My Aug is tanking badly and I'm not sure how I'm going to recover. I have some ideas but my heart isn't in it right now. And I'm bummed. I need to snap out of whatever this is that I'm going through!!!!

Colleen, That is EXACTLY how I have been feeling:yuck: I sprained my ankle and was couch bound for 4 days and it always really throws me. Plus my husband finally started his trucking job, BUT I have to find a sitter for the kids for every show and event. It is a challenge. I am trying to snap out of it. If I can even increase at all this month I will be happy. We can do it together!!:sun:

pcjenni said:
I am up 241% and already up 100% for August. I think new directors are the ones who will earn this, if they had nothing last year and $1000 this year they are up 1000%

Jenni, I thought that too when I was looking at it last night. That's ok too.

PamperedK said:
Do you have notes or does she have notes posted somewhere?

Did anyone find out if Jillian Grant posted notes somewhere? I don't see anything on her website...

Attached. :)

Attachments

• Lydias Conference Workshop 2011.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Fast Track Overhead.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 307
I have always had a 'business crush' on Lydia Martin. She's one of those people who just 'speak' to me every time I hear her train/talk.
Thanks for sharing!

Lydia Martin call with Senior Directors - August 1st, 2011

Playback number 712-432-1085
Access Code 143298#

Soooo, since I promoted to Senior earlier this month, Linda Bowles is now my Sales Manager. Linda called me today - right after I read the file that Colleen shared. During that call, she shared a CALL she lead on August 1st where Lydia basically re-created her workshop for the Senior Director team!!!

It's basically word for word, but if you're like me and need to hear things to get it, you'll want to listen to this call. It will be available until September 1st.

It's worth a listen!!
D

<h2>What are the highlights of the AWESOME TIME event?</h2><p>The highlights of the AWESOME TIME event included spending quality time with friends and learning from Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting. Additionally, the incentives offered by the event were well-received and the opportunity to earn them was exciting.</p><h2>What were the lowlights of the event?</h2><p>One lowlight of the event was a lack of new information in the management portion of the recap. The lion-shark-hippo-retriever concept had been previously covered and was not presented in a unique way. However, sitting with friends like Carolyn and Becky made the experience more enjoyable.</p><h2>What were the revelations from the event?</h2><p>The biggest revelation from the event was the idea that selling is a form of service. This changed the attitude of many attendees and provided a new perspective on the sales process. Additionally, Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting was a huge revelation, as her simple system for success was both basic and effective.</p><h2>What did you like most about the event?</h2><p>The best part of the event was the opportunity to spend time with friends and learn from experienced consultants like Lydia Martin. The incentives offered were also a highlight, and the ease of earning them was a major plus.</p><h2>What did you not like about the event?</h2><p>One thing that was disappointing was the lack of new information in the management portion of the event. However, the overall experience was still positive and the highlights outweighed any lowlights.</p>

What are the highlights of the AWESOME TIME event?

The highlights of the AWESOME TIME event included spending quality time with friends and learning from Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting. Additionally, the incentives offered by the event were well-received and the opportunity to earn them was exciting.

What were the lowlights of the event?

One lowlight of the event was a lack of new information in the management portion of the recap. The lion-shark-hippo-retriever concept had been previously covered and was not presented in a unique way. However, sitting with friends like Carolyn and Becky made the experience more enjoyable.

What were the revelations from the event?

The biggest revelation from the event was the idea that selling is a form of service. This changed the attitude of many attendees and provided a new perspective on the sales process. Additionally, Lydia Martin's workshop on promoting was a huge revelation, as her simple system for success was both basic and effective.

What did you like most about the event?

The best part of the event was the opportunity to spend time with friends and learn from experienced consultants like Lydia Martin. The incentives offered were also a highlight, and the ease of earning them was a major plus.

What did you not like about the event?

One thing that was disappointing was the lack of new information in the management portion of the event. However, the overall experience was still positive and the highlights outweighed any lowlights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Deanna Brown
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deanna Brown
  • msmileyface