• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Indian Recipe for the Deep Covered Baker! #ChefLife

Indian chicken dishes like tandoori chicken. It can be found in most grocery stores, or you can make your own by following the recipe below.
imcooking
Hello! Does anyone have a really good but quick Indian recipe for the Deep Covered Baker? I've got a special show coming up, and I'd love to do this for my host! Thanks!:chef:

foodnetwork.com - search Aarti Party. She is the newest Food network star and her forte is Indian Cuisine with a twist. Oh and her show is on Sunday morning at 11 a.m. CDT on the Food Network.

imcooking - I am curious to know if you found anything? And if so, what?

Here's a recipe we use in the UK - I make it in the Square Baker, but can do in DDB or DCB no probs:

Curry in a Hurry!

Ingredients
5 chicken breast for Deep Dish baker or Square baker – (can double ingredient’s for rectangular baker)
¾ jar tikka massala paste
250g natural yoghurt (greek style is nice, greek yoghurt with coconut is gorgeous)
I tbs olive oil
1 red onion – finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1 fresh green chilli
1 inch piece root ginger – finely grated or chopped
4 fluid oz or 125 ml water
4 floz or 125 ml double cream
Bunch fresh coriander – finely chopped
1tbsp lemon juice

Method
Chop up raw chicken into bite size pieces using Santoku knife. Add to Batter Bowl

Add each ingredient to batter bowl.

Use Food Chopper to finely chop onion and chilli
Measure cream using easy read measuring cup
Measure yoghurt using Measure All Cup
Juice lemon with Citrus Press
Crush garlic with Garlic Press
Snip Coriander with kitchen shears
Microplane ginger
Measure olive oil with easy-adjustable measuring spoon
Use micro-scraper to get the paste out of the jar.

Stir up with master scraper and pop in stone on 180-200 degrees for35 mins – just make sure curry is bubbling nicely in oven.

Of course you can adapt the recipe if you are trying to be virtuous by adding more water and less cream – or even adding more yoghurt and no cream – the oil is optional too but I think it makes the curry more authentic.

Serve with stone-baked naan bread, or basmati rice cooked in rice cooker.

Thanks everyone! Sorry, but I never received notifications that I had received responses to my question, so I'm delayed in expressing my appreciation. In talking with the host, he and his wife decided that they would prefer I choose something quick and easy involving the cookware, since that is what they really want. So, Chicken Your Way is what I'll be doing (this show hasn't happened yet), and I'm going to use 3 or 4 different rubs. Thanks again!

janej76 said:
Here's a recipe we use in the UK - I make it in the Square Baker, but can do in DDB or DCB no probs:

Curry in a Hurry!

Ingredients
5 chicken breast for Deep Dish baker or Square baker – (can double ingredient’s for rectangular baker)
¾ jar tikka massala paste
250g natural yoghurt (greek style is nice, greek yoghurt with coconut is gorgeous)
I tbs olive oil
1 red onion – finely chopped
1 garlic clove
1 fresh green chilli
1 inch piece root ginger – finely grated or chopped
4 fluid oz or 125 ml water
4 floz or 125 ml double cream
Bunch fresh coriander – finely chopped
1tbsp lemon juice

Method
Chop up raw chicken into bite size pieces using Santoku knife. Add to Batter Bowl

Add each ingredient to batter bowl.

Use Food Chopper to finely chop onion and chilli
Measure cream using easy read measuring cup
Measure yoghurt using Measure All Cup
Juice lemon with Citrus Press
Crush garlic with Garlic Press
Snip Coriander with kitchen shears
Microplane ginger
Measure olive oil with easy-adjustable measuring spoon
Use micro-scraper to get the paste out of the jar.

Stir up with master scraper and pop in stone on 180-200 degrees for35 mins – just make sure curry is bubbling nicely in oven.

Of course you can adapt the recipe if you are trying to be virtuous by adding more water and less cream – or even adding more yoghurt and no cream – the oil is optional too but I think it makes the curry more authentic.

Serve with stone-baked naan bread, or basmati rice cooked in rice cooker.

This sounds delish! However, what is tikka massala paste?

You can buy it in a jar but here is a recipe courtesy of the BBC. (Yes, that BBC!) I REALLY want to try this Curry in a Hurry recipe.
Making your own curry paste

In a small food processor, whizz together 5 garlic cloves, 1 large knob of fresh root ginger, roughly chopped, 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped, 2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander, 1 tsp each turmeric, paprika and garam masala, and the seeds from 4 cardamom pods. Add a little water or vegetable oil to bring the paste together. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.​

akrebecca said:
This sounds delish! However, what is tikka massala paste?

It is indeed delish, and we find it a really successful show recipe over here. We have a brand called Pataks and looks like you can get in the US:

http://www.pataksusa.com/buy/

It's important to get the paste not a jar of cook-in sauce (as my host last week did, it was somewhat bland!!). If your hosts can't get it perhaps you could get a couple and offer to bring that ingredient.

It's a very mild curry, but very yummy!

I do a lovely spiced rice in the rice cooker to go with it.

Happy Cooking!

Related to Quick Indian Recipe for the Deep Covered Baker! #ChefLife

What is the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile stoneware dish from Pampered Chef that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the stovetop. It is designed to cook food evenly and retain moisture, making it perfect for a variety of dishes.

Can I make Indian food in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can! The Deep Covered Baker is great for making quick and flavorful Indian dishes. It can be used to make curries, biryanis, and even naan bread.

What are some tips for using the Deep Covered Baker to make Indian food?

One tip is to preheat the Deep Covered Baker in the oven before adding ingredients. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent the dish from sticking. Another tip is to use a lid or foil to cover the dish while cooking to trap in steam and keep the food moist.

Are there any specific recipes for Indian food using the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for Indian dishes using the Deep Covered Baker. Some popular options include Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Biryani, and Butter Chicken. You can also get creative and adapt your favorite Indian recipes to be cooked in the Deep Covered Baker.

How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker after making an Indian dish?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but it's recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to preserve the stoneware. For any stubborn stains, you can soak the dish in warm water with a little baking soda before washing. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware as it may cause scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • vgibsonrn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies