• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quarter Auctions: What to Know Before You Go

In summary, an event like this is usually a lot of fun and can be a great way to connect with potential customers. They are also a great way to make some extra money.
newtopamperedchef
I received a message from another direct sales consultant who said he wanted to ask me about doing an event - or actually one in September, October and November. I am thinking he's going to ask about a Quarter Auction. I have heard of these but have never been to one and have no idea what they are about. Are they allowed? Anyone ever do them? are they worth it? What's involved? Any information you cheffers can give me before I call him back would be greatly appreciated!

I am involved in one about every other month. they are fun.

normally it's 10 different venders bringing 11 items each (1 item for the charity they are helping) Auctions last about 2 1/2 hours.

People purchase a paddle(s) with a # on it, there's normally a ping pong ball with the same # on it, the ball goes into a bucket (or what ever they decide to stick them into) and the person keeps the paddle to signal they are gonna bid on an item.
when they bid, they put the required quarter/s into a bowl and all are collected, they hold their paddle up once they bid. A ball is drawn and that's the winner, if the ball drawn is a paddle that wasn't for bidding, it's a "no bid" and another ball is drawn.

normal bids are:
$1.00 to $25.00 1 quarter
$25.01 to $50.00 2 quarters
$50.01 to $75.00 3 quarters
$75.01 and up 4 quarters

I try to keep my item in the 1-2 quarter range.

Hi Terry! In case you don't know, this is Michelle from Jennie's cluster, we spent some time together at conference! Thanks for the info. Do you make money?

hey michelle.. :)
I've never lost money, I've had afew times I made a couple of dollars, most of the time I make $40-$60 from the auction.

What about leads/shows, that sort of thing, do you get those at them?

I have done them several times. I do it for the booking/recruit leads, but I occasionally get orders there as well. One thing I've been doing is to offer as one of my "products" a free cooking show, where I will bring the paper products and recipe ingredients for one recipe of my choosing. The great thing is I always have people bid on my free cooking show and so it guarantees me at least one booking. In fact, my show this Sunday is from a quarter auction.

Terry: Do you have any more detailed info. for those of us who've never done this before.
Where do you hold it? Do you have a cover charge? How do you pay for the items you bring? and so on.

Thanks in advance.

Around here they are done in, at fire stations, that have halls, at American Leagon, Elks clubs, Moose Lodges, church halls, masonic lodges. basically any place that can hold 100 or more people.

Normally the cost is $3.00-$20.00 (depends on whos running the event) entery fee. Each extra paddle is typically $2-$3 each. Those fee's normally goes to the charity, along with a 50/50 (the half that the venders get goes to hall rental).

Speaking of hall rental, there's sometimes a fee for that too, but most places don't charge much if they offer food for the event.

I get my items from the outlet and I sometimes submit my own show for the items. (it's an out of pocket expence up front, but you make it all back at the auction.)

Most auctions ask you to bring quarters with you so they can make change for customers that need quarters. Which you get back at the end of the night, but it won't be quarters you get back.

Thanks for the info. Now to call him back and see if that's really what he wanted. If so, I may be back to ask more questions :)

What is a Quarter Auction?

A Quarter Auction is a fundraising event where guests bid on items using quarters. The items up for bid are typically donated by local businesses and individuals.

How do I participate in a Quarter Auction?

To participate in a Quarter Auction, you will need to purchase a bidding paddle and bring a roll of quarters. When an item you are interested in is up for bid, you will place a quarter in your paddle and hold it up. If your number is called, you win the item!

What is the benefit of attending a Quarter Auction?

Quarter Auctions are a fun and unique way to support a cause or organization. They offer the chance to win great prizes while also raising money for a good cause.

Can I bring my own quarters to a Quarter Auction?

Yes, you are encouraged to bring your own quarters to a Quarter Auction. However, some events may also have quarters available for purchase if needed.

What should I know before attending a Quarter Auction?

Before attending a Quarter Auction, it is important to familiarize yourself with the rules and bidding process. You should also research the organization or cause that the event is supporting and come prepared with enough quarters to bid on items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephn3
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies