• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is up With These Coordinators?!!

In summary, the coordinators for this event did not communicate with the vendors and did not follow through on their promises.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I did an event this month and have two possibly three on the schedule for this month. Last month's event I did the year before and filled out this year's contract before I left. I found the event posted on craigslist a couple months before and thought it was funny I had not heard from the coordinator. Two phone calls and two emails later I finally got an answer from the that yes they had my contract still and it was still my spot if I wanted it.

This month for the event next weekend, I had to call the gal to find out how much it was after we booked it this summer (never sent me anything to fill out just have to pay!).

Then there is an event next weekend that I asked about. I cannot do Saturday but can do Sunday and was willing to work something out. It took three weeks for the coordinator to finally get back to me (she said she was on vacation - if your event is this month and you are on vacation for three weeks you should find someone to cover for you!). We have been emailing back and forth to figure things out but every time it takes her at least two days to get back to me. I have it penciled in on my calendar but still am not sure I have the spot or not.

Then the one the following weekend. I replied to an ad on craigslist in August and sent in my payment and contract. Had not heard anything back from them by October and started trying to contact someone (I only have an email address). No reply until about a week ago - they will have to talk to the "papework lady" to figure it out. No reply - sent another email this Monday! Seriously?! This is how you run your event? They have my money but it was from my last checkbook so I cannot even figure out if the check was cashed and I still - two weeks before the event - have no confirmation that I even have the spot!!

I know what you mean. I'm doing my first event this Saturday and the lady who organized it didn't send anything out at all. No paperword. No setup time. No rules and regulations. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

I did a fair at a school last weekend. wasn't informed the teachers were on a "work strike" they do class work only.. no after school activites, no supporting anything the school has going on.. so.... there was no papers sent home with the kids about the fair, there was no teachers at the fair. and the woman that coordinated this didn't tell any of us vendors about this.. there was maybe 10 people that showed up...

Sorry for all of your bad experiences with your vendor fairs. I'm one of those coordinators, BUT hopefully not falling into the "bad" category. I've been involved in our vendor fair for 3 years now and along with 2 other DS reps, we plan 2 each year (Spring and Fall). I ask the vendors when they are leaving one event if they are interested in the next. We decide by one event what date we'll do the next one. I send out an email to all those that attended the last event at least 2 months prior to the date so that if they can't make it, I can start looking for another rep from their company or other vendors. I ask that they email me back within 2 weeks so that I know that they are definitely attending. I send out the contract/registration form about 6-8 weeks prior and ask that they send it in and there is a deadline, also a cancellation policy with no refunds past a certain date. I have poster/fliers made up and those include the names of the vendors attending, so we need to know as soon as possible who's coming. We advertise in local papers, tv, facebook, craigslist, community calendars, chamber of commerce websites plus post the fliers all over our town and hopefully the attendees are also. I send out a "housekeeping" reminder email about 3-4 days prior to the event. After the event is over, I send out another email to wrap it up, ask for evaluation/suggestions/comments for the next one. I think we have a great plan and maybe this will help others that are thinking about planning one, or attending to know what to expect. Not ALL coordinators are clueless. :)

Dear frustrated consultant,

I can understand your frustration with the event coordinators not being as prompt and organized as we would like them to be. It can be challenging to manage multiple events and make sure everything runs smoothly. I suggest reaching out to them again and expressing your concerns about the lack of communication and confirmation for the upcoming event. It's important to have clear communication and confirmation for both parties to ensure a successful event. In the future, it may be helpful to have a follow-up system in place to avoid any miscommunications or delays. I hope everything works out for you and your upcoming events are a success. Keep up the hard work!

Related to What Is up With These Coordinators?!!

1. What exactly does a coordinator do at Pampered Chef?

Coordinators at Pampered Chef are responsible for managing the logistics and operations of various events and parties. They work closely with consultants to plan and execute successful cooking demonstrations and sales events. Coordinators also provide support and training to consultants to help them achieve their goals.

2. How do I become a coordinator at Pampered Chef?

To become a coordinator at Pampered Chef, you must first become a consultant and successfully sell a certain amount of products. Then, you can apply for the coordinator position and go through a training process. It is also important to have strong organizational and leadership skills.

3. What are the main responsibilities of a coordinator?

A coordinator's main responsibilities include managing event logistics, providing support to consultants, training and mentoring new consultants, and promoting and selling Pampered Chef products. They also play a crucial role in maintaining relationships with customers and ensuring successful events.

4. How does a coordinator help consultants be successful?

Coordinators provide support and training to consultants, helping them improve their sales techniques, product knowledge, and event planning skills. They also offer guidance and advice on how to effectively promote and sell Pampered Chef products. Additionally, coordinators may provide resources and tools to help consultants grow their business.

5. What is the difference between a coordinator and a consultant at Pampered Chef?

The main difference between a coordinator and a consultant at Pampered Chef is their role and responsibilities. Coordinators are responsible for managing events and providing support to consultants, while consultants focus primarily on promoting and selling products. Coordinators also have the added responsibility of training and mentoring new consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies