• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparation for Jerk Chicken Nachos

In summary, for making Jerk Chicken Nacho's, it is suggested to use precooked chicken such as canned chicken from stores like Costco or Sam's Club, or chicken tenders that can be microwaved using the Deep Covered Baker. Other options include boiling and shredding boneless chicken breasts, grilling and chopping chicken breasts with jerk seasoning, or using Perdue Short Cuts. The chicken can then be added to the dish with peppers and cooked in a skillet for a few minutes. This method is quick and convenient, making it a hit among guests.
baigaj
I am making Jerk Chicken Nacho's for a show and want to know what type of chicken do you use. Meaning precooked, canned, baked or boiled chicken?

Somone suggested using the DCB (if you have it) to microwave boneless skinless chicken tenders first. It only takes 10 minutes and you can do it as guests are arriving and getting settled. Haven't tried it yet though.

baigaj said:
I am making Jerk Chicken Nacho's for a show and want to know what type of chicken do you use. Meaning precooked, canned, baked or boiled chicken?

My cluster had a cook and look last night and we made this recipe... we used Chicken in a can from costco or sams club.. But you can use chicken tenders and then use the salad choppers to chop them and then food chopper to shred them!!! Hope that helps!!

I just boiled boneless chicken breasts and shredded them. It worked great.

i used the grill pan and put some jerk seasoning on chicken breasts and grilled, then chopped....

Grill pan with seasoning too. YUM and it smells good when the guests arrive.

My hostess had 12 guests and I doubled the recipe so I used 2 packages of 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them up in pieces with the Santoku forged cutlery knife on the Large Cutting Board. I added a small amount of olive oil in the Executive Family Skillet. I added the Jamacian Jerk Rub to the chicken pieces, then cooked them on top of the stove. About 3 minutes before they were done, I added a red and yellow bell pepper chopped with the Green Santoku knife (my hostess did not like uncooked bell peppers) and finished cooking till the chicken was done. The chicken pieces cooked really fast. Everyone loved them.

Ann

That's what I'm going to do! Thanks!

Perdue short cuts!! Works like a charm!

1. What ingredients do I need for Jerk Chicken Nachos?

To make Jerk Chicken Nachos, you will need: tortilla chips, cooked and shredded chicken, jerk seasoning, diced bell peppers, diced red onion, shredded cheese, diced pineapple, sliced jalapenos, and any desired toppings such as sour cream or guacamole.

2. Can I use store-bought jerk seasoning for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought jerk seasoning for convenience. However, for a more authentic and flavorful taste, we recommend making your own jerk seasoning using a combination of spices such as allspice, thyme, and cayenne pepper.

3. How do I cook the chicken for this recipe?

The chicken can be cooked in a variety of ways, including grilling, baking, or using a slow cooker. Whichever method you choose, make sure the chicken is fully cooked and shredded before adding it to the nachos.

4. Can I make these nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the nachos right before serving. However, we recommend heating up the chicken and peppers before assembling to ensure the nachos are warm and crispy.

5. Are there any substitutions I can make for this recipe?

Yes, you can customize this recipe to your liking by substituting different types of cheese, using different protein such as shrimp or tofu, or adding additional toppings such as black beans or corn. Feel free to get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • stefani2