• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Jerk Chicken Nachos: Grill Pan or Microwave?

In summary, Becky uses a microwave to cook chicken for the nachos. She always adds jerk seasoning to the chicken before cooking. She recommends using a small pan or the medium pan for this recipe. Becky recommends chopping the chicken with a salad chopper before adding it to the nachos.
pamperedmomto3
When you make the Jerk Chicken Nachos do you have the host purchase pre-cooked chicken or do you cook the chicken for the host? If you cook it, do you use the grill pan or microwave it? If you microwave it, what piece of stoneware do you use? TIA!!

I microwave the chicken in the deep covered baker. It works perfect. I always add some of the jerk seasoning to my chicken before I cook it. After it's done, I let it cool a bit, then shred it or slice it thin with the 5" santoku.

That's what I was thinking about doing. How long do you cook it and how much chicken do you ask your hosts to get?

I get the Host to pre-cook it usually.

About 2 chicken breasts = 2 cups

If I cooked it, I would do it ESPECIALLY for November (cuz of the Stoneware Special) on the Small Bar Pan or maybe the medium.....

I get about 1 lb. of chicken breasts & cook for about 8 minutes (mine are usually the trimmed & ready thin cut from Tyson). I could probably use less chicken for a demo. The chicken is always moist & yummy for the nachos.

You can also use a 10 oz. can of white chicken. Open with the SECO, drain with the can strainer and then use the pastry blender to shred the chicken.

I sprinkle some of the rub on the chicken and do it in the DCB. I use the salad choppers to chop it up. I use knives for other parts of the recipe...so I like to use the salad choppers for the chicken.

Funny story about the knife I use in this recipe - I had a lady who was sitting next to me as I was dicing the peppers say "Rachel Ray says to always cut your peppers skin side down." I replied "You know why that is? Because Rachel is using an inferior knife that can't slice through the skin - but try this one - and see for yourself how it slices through even tough pepper skin just like it's butter!"

She tried it, and she bought the knife!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
I sprinkle some of the rub on the chicken and do it in the DCB. I use the salad choppers to chop it up. I use knives for other parts of the recipe...so I like to use the salad choppers for the chicken.

Funny story about the knife I use in this recipe - I had a lady who was sitting next to me as I was dicing the peppers say "Rachel Ray says to always cut your peppers skin side down." I replied "You know why that is? Because Rachel is using an inferior knife that can't slice through the skin - but try this one - and see for yourself how it slices through even tough pepper skin just like it's butter!"

She tried it, and she bought the knife!:D
Great job, Becky! You got to love it when you do that and someone buys!

What is the best way to cook jerk chicken for nachos?

The two most popular methods for cooking jerk chicken for nachos are using a grill pan or a microwave.

Can I use any type of chicken for jerk chicken nachos?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken for jerk chicken nachos. However, boneless chicken thighs are recommended as they have more flavor and are easier to cook on a grill pan or in the microwave.

How do I make sure the chicken is fully cooked?

When using a grill pan, make sure to cook the chicken on each side for 6-8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. When using a microwave, cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.

Do I need to marinate the chicken before cooking?

It is recommended to marinate the chicken in jerk seasoning for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will enhance the flavor and tenderness of the chicken.

Can I use a different type of cheese for the nachos?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for the nachos. However, traditional nacho cheese or cheddar cheese are commonly used for jerk chicken nachos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • IAmChefJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • Roadtripray