• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Boneless Chicken Breasts

In summary, to cook the chicken for the nachos should you:1) Borrow a bigger piece of cookware2) Microwave them in the DCB (how long? Covered or uncovered?)3) Bake them off in the bar pan
IAmChefJ
Need a suggestion...

I'm doing Jerk Chicken Nachos tomorrow night... the only piece of cookware I have (until next month!) is the 8". So, to cook the chicken for the nachos should I:

1) Borrow a bigger piece of cookware

2) Microwave them in the DCB (how long? Covered or uncovered?)

3) Bake them off in the bar pan

I don't have a Grill Pan close by, but I could borrow a 10" skillet from a neighbor.

I'd really like to show the DCB, I just want to make sure I do it right.

J.

I usually just microwave mine in a microcooker...

Make them in the DCB!!! This is the best way to show how great this product is. Put 3 chicken breasts in the DCB, sprinkle with jerk or chipotle rub, cover and microwave for 8 mins. I let them sit still covered for about 10 minutes and then lift the lid and let everyone see all the steam that was in there basting the chicken the whole time. Great "WOW" factor!

That's exactly what I was looking for Ruthie -- thanks so much!

Yep, DCB is the way to go!

I just did this tonight. In fact my chicken was frozen (Tyson bagged and large chicken breasts). I cooked it for 8 minutes with lid on. Turned the chicken over, and cooked it for 8 more minutes. It was perfect. Great way to show the DCB.

I haven't tried it frozen yet. I think I am too "chicken" to do it. I'm afraid it will cause thermal shock to my DCB but I have read many posts that it works. Do you think it's because the meat starts to cook so fast it doesn't have time to get the DCB cold?

chefruthie said:
I haven't tried it frozen yet. I think I am too "chicken" to do it. I'm afraid it will cause thermal shock to my DCB but I have read many posts that it works. Do you think it's because the meat starts to cook so fast it doesn't have time to get the DCB cold?
Yes, and/or it's because it's going into a room temperature microwave not a hot oven. Plus, you don't put the frozen chicken into the DCB and let it sit until the DCB is frozen, too.

JAE said:
Yes, and/or it's because it's going into a room temperature microwave not a hot oven. Plus, you don't put the frozen chicken into the DCB and let it sit until the DCB is frozen, too.

Okay, I'm gonna give a try tomorrow for lunch. We homeschool so we'll count this as a science experiment ;). I am giving quick tips on our cookware and stoneware at our Fall Kick-Off this saturday, so I would love to be able to tell them about this. Thanks Jae for posting this!

Related to Cooking Boneless Chicken Breasts

1. How long should I cook boneless chicken breasts?

The cooking time for boneless chicken breasts will vary depending on the method of cooking and the thickness of the chicken. Generally, it takes about 10-12 minutes to cook boneless chicken breasts on a skillet over medium heat, 20-25 minutes in the oven at 375°F, and 15-20 minutes on a grill over medium-high heat.

2. How can I ensure that my boneless chicken breasts are tender and juicy?

One of the best ways to ensure tender and juicy chicken breasts is to marinate them for at least 30 minutes before cooking. You can also pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before cooking or brine them in a salt and water solution for a few hours before cooking. Additionally, be sure to not overcook the chicken and use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°F.

3. Can I use frozen boneless chicken breasts?

Yes, you can use frozen boneless chicken breasts, but it is important to properly thaw them first. The safest way to thaw frozen chicken is to place it in the refrigerator overnight. You can also thaw it in a bowl of cold water or using the defrost setting on your microwave. Do not thaw chicken at room temperature as it can increase the risk of bacteria growth.

4. Should I season my boneless chicken breasts before or after cooking?

It is recommended to season boneless chicken breasts before cooking to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. You can use a dry rub, marinade, or simply sprinkle on some salt and pepper. However, if you are using a sauce or glaze, it is best to wait until the chicken is almost fully cooked before adding it to avoid burning.

5. What are some creative ways to use boneless chicken breasts?

Boneless chicken breasts are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. Some creative ideas include making chicken parmesan, chicken stir-fry, chicken salad, chicken tacos, or even shredding the cooked chicken to make a BBQ chicken pizza. You can also experiment with different marinades and spices to give your chicken a unique flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • lesliebakes