• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Recipe with Apples, Jiffy Cake Mix & Cinnamon-Sugar: Help Needed!

In summary, there is a recipe for Quick Apple Crisp that uses a Jiffy Mix and can be made in the oven. It includes 5 Granny Smith apples, butter, nuts, yellow cake mix, sugar, and cinnamon. It can be served with ice cream or whipped topping. The recipe yields 10 servings and has 240 calories per serving. It can also potentially be made in the microwave, but may not crisp on top as well. It is recommended to test it at home before making it for a show.
iddlebiddle
Anyone know of a PC recipe with apples, jiffy cake mix, and cinnamon and sugar? I have a customer who has asked me about this recipe. But I don't know of PC using jiffy in their recipes.

Any help would be great. THANK YOU in advance:love:

Quick Apple Crisp uses a Jiffy Mix. (BTW, the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes in the current SBRC uses a Jiffy mix, too.)5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half crosswise. Place apples in a deep dish baker.2. Microwave butter on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping, if desired.Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g

I LOVE this recipe!!!!

Thank you Chef Ann, it was the recipe my customer was looking for. I love the site! You all are sooooo helpful!!!

Any idea if this would work as a microwave dish?

I'm trying to find a Quick Cooking Apple or fruit recipe using the Deep Covered Baker that can cook in the microwave.

TIA!
Pamela ;)

I am not sure, i have not made this yet

chefann said:
Quick Apple Crisp uses a Jiffy Mix. (BTW, the Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes in the current SBRC uses a Jiffy mix, too.)

5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples. Cut apples in half crosswise. Place apples in a deep dish baker.

2. Microwave butter on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts. Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to bowl; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 13 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 220 mg, Fiber 2 g
This use to be one of the #1 recipes I did when I first started..... oh great, now I'm craving apple crisp!!! :rolleyes:

CookingWithPamela said:
Any idea if this would work as a microwave dish?

I'm trying to find a Quick Cooking Apple or fruit recipe using the Deep Covered Baker that can cook in the microwave.

TIA!
Pamela ;)
Yes I think it would, obviously it would not crisp on the top as well, but I think it would still turn out good! I would just start out doing maybe 1/2 the time or less and checking it as you go, when the apples are tender, it's ready. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. A little advice: I'd try it at home before ever doing it for a show!;)

1. Can I use a different brand of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute any brand of cake mix for the Jiffy Cake Mix in this recipe. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box for the correct measurements and baking time.

2. Can I use a different type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, some varieties may hold up better during baking than others. We recommend using firm and tart apples, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, for the best results.

3. How do I make the cinnamon-sugar topping for this recipe?

To make the cinnamon-sugar topping, mix together 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the cake batter before baking.

4. Can I make this recipe in a different type of pan?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a variety of pans, such as a 9x9 inch square pan or a bundt pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as different pans may require different baking times.

5. Can I add nuts or raisins to this recipe?

Yes, you can add chopped nuts or raisins to this recipe for added texture and flavor. Simply mix them into the cake batter before pouring it into the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies