• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Any Classic Pampered Chef Recipes That Use Apples and Jiffy Cake Mix?

In summary, a "Very Old Recipe" is a recipe that has been passed down for generations and is usually a family favorite with sentimental value. These recipes can be found in old family cookbooks, handwritten recipe cards, or by asking older relatives. Before using a "Very Old Recipe", it is important to ensure its safety by checking for outdated ingredients or cooking methods. Substitutions can be made in these recipes, but the end result may not be the same. The best way to preserve a "Very Old Recipe" is by making a digital copy of it.
Katrob
Gold Member
I had a hostess call me today looking for a Pampered Chef recipe that uses apples and Jiffy cake mix. I need help! I have only been in Pampered Chef 6 years and have never seen a recipe that called for Jiffy cake mix. Any old timers out there? :rolleyes:

That would be Quick Apple Crisp.Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Pantry korintje cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)Preheat oven to 350F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Depe Dish Baker.Place butter in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 60 seconds or until melted. Chop nuts with Food Chopper Add nuts, cake mix, sugar and cinnamon to batter bowl; mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, using Ice Cream dipper, or whipped topping, using Easy Accent Decorator, if desired.Yield: 10 servings.
(F/W 2001 SBRC)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help!

No problem. That was a fairly popular recipe when I started. It's really good.

I think I will have to make it myself and try it. It sounds a lot like "dump cake" that we make on camping trips.

It is a VERY EASY recipe, really good!

Its fabulous!

Hi there! I am a fellow Pampered Chef consultant and I would be happy to help you with this request. While I cannot speak for all of the recipes in our collection, I do have a few suggestions for using apples and Jiffy cake mix together. One option is to make a simple apple crisp using the Jiffy cake mix as the topping. Simply mix the cake mix with some melted butter and sprinkle it over sliced apples in a baking dish. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender. Another idea is to make mini apple pies using the Jiffy cake mix as the crust. Press the mix into muffin cups and fill with a mixture of diced apples, cinnamon, and sugar. Bake until the crust is cooked through and the filling is bubbling. I hope these ideas help, and if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

Related to Are There Any Classic Pampered Chef Recipes That Use Apples and Jiffy Cake Mix?

What is a "Very Old Recipe"?

A "Very Old Recipe" refers to a recipe that has been passed down for generations and has been around for a long time. It is usually a family favorite and holds sentimental value.

Where can I find "Very Old Recipes"?

You can find "Very Old Recipes" in old family cookbooks, handwritten recipe cards, or by asking older relatives. You can also search online for vintage recipe websites or forums.

How do I know if a "Very Old Recipe" is safe to use?

Before using a "Very Old Recipe", it is important to ensure that it is safe to use. Check for any outdated ingredients or cooking methods that may no longer be considered safe. You can also consult a nutritionist or do some research to make sure the recipe is safe to consume.

Can I make any substitutions in a "Very Old Recipe"?

Yes, you can make substitutions in a "Very Old Recipe" to fit your dietary restrictions or preferences. However, keep in mind that the end result may not be the same as the original recipe.

What is the best way to preserve a "Very Old Recipe"?

The best way to preserve a "Very Old Recipe" is to make a digital copy of it. You can scan the recipe card or take a photo of the recipe to save it on your computer or phone. This way, you will always have a backup in case the original gets lost or damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MissChef
  • ChefJessica95765
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies