• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!)

In summary, a conversation about stinky things and cute Halloween costumes turned into a silly thread about cartoon characters and pickle jokes. One user shared a story about their son's Halloween costume gone wrong with black shoe polish. Another user made a parody thread and others joined in with playful banter. Overall, the conversation was a lighthearted and humorous exchange among forum members.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
200px-Striped_skunk.jpg

Mephitis mephitis

I'm sorry, I just can't help myself, sometimes.

I had homeroom with a girl who's dog had been sprayed by a skunk one morning. The dog just RAN THROUGH the house, and this girl stunk to high heavens!!

She had to go home.

Things that stink:
DH (sometimes)
exhaust leaks
burnt popcorn

Sounds (smells?) like a typical car club outing.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/gbina615/103184.jpg

i don't know if this worked or not, it's my first time uploading into a post

sorry that's so big... it's my son last year for halloween... i couldn't resist!

That's adorable!

thanks!! i'm sure he's going to need years of therapy for that when he gets older though. lol

It sure beats wearing an old sheet to be a ghost, like I did when I was that age.He'll probably grow up with Pepe Le Pew being his favorite cartoon character!

remember when things were that simple, just throw on a sheet and have fun. lol

if that doesn't bring him to therapy he has a few others choices of things i've subjected him to:

pumpkin, bumble bee, snowman, santa, angel, easter bunny and a lion. and he's only 3 1/2, lol

Awwww....that is an adorable picture!! What a cutie pie!

thanks. i think i'll keep him. he's my little man.

Oh how cute (sorry, KG, not you this time...the little stinker!!) So, ginamkiely, did you let him have a poopy diaper to complete the outfit?!?!!? Just kidding!!!
I think pictures of skunks are cute but in real life...not cute. But your son is just so darn cute. I love him smelling the daisy in the picture too. What a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!
One year my son went as a football player. We put the black stripes that the football players wear under their eyes...stupid parents that we are...black shoe polish looked great. But shortly after we went to the first few houses, he started to complain about his skin feeling on fire! We did get it off immediately, but it must have hurt so much when we had to wipe hard to get it off and his little face was so sensative. Mine will need therapy for that incident!!

baychef said:
Oh how cute (sorry, KG, not you this time...the little stinker!!)
Nice to know I'm not the only little stinker around here.

Much better than being the big stinker!!

The little guy is adorable. The Kitchen Guy is hysterical.

baychef said:
Oh how cute (sorry, KG, not you this time...the little stinker!!) So, ginamkiely, did you let him have a poopy diaper to complete the outfit?!?!!? Just kidding!!!
I think pictures of skunks are cute but in real life...not cute. But your son is just so darn cute. I love him smelling the daisy in the picture too. What a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!
One year my son went as a football player. We put the black stripes that the football players wear under their eyes...stupid parents that we are...black shoe polish looked great. But shortly after we went to the first few houses, he started to complain about his skin feeling on fire! We did get it off immediately, but it must have hurt so much when we had to wipe hard to get it off and his little face was so sensative. Mine will need therapy for that incident!!

oh my god, thanks for sharing that story... it's nice to know there are lots of parents out there that are keeping the therapists in business!! lol.

Hey! The original got bumped so it's time to bump the parody thread!:D

Awww... from Pepe Le Peu... to Pepe Le Cute!

Wait, are you making fun of me?

Not at all! This is what's called a parody thread - a parody is usually comes from a play on words in the title to a thread - like this one. It was just tooooooo easy. ;)No, nothing personal at all. :)

It's just one of the ways we get a little silly around here sometimes. :)

chefann said:
It's just one of the ways we get a little silly around here sometimes. :)

A little silly? Hmmm, I may have to "ponder" that one.........and now, the pondering can begin again!:D

Uh oh, KG- is Becky pondering what you're pondering?

Well, yes, but isn't a cucumber that small called a gherkin?

You too will find yourself in a pickle in no time with talk like that..

I already am - but that was a response from Pinky to Brain's usual question.

One is a genius, the other insane!

cmdtrgd said:
One is a genius, the other insane!

Are you talking about Pinky and Brain or KG and Ann??? ;)

janetupnorth said:
Are you talking about Pinky and Brain or KG and Ann??? ;)

as my Mom always says......6 of one, half-dozen of another........

It's part of their theme song....but it could be something else, too :D

This should be fun watching them fight over who is smart and who is insane then...

Whut are we going to do tonight, Ann?

What we do every night, KG, try to take over the world (and pretend to be Ann)

I'm supposed to be clearing off the dining room table tonight. Actually, I've had it on my to do list all weekend. At this point, I'm dumping everything in a box and stashing it in the Florida Room. :)So that's what I'm doing tonight, Brain.

I love it when a plan comes together.

What is the Florida Room?

It's a room that this time of the year, up here, is only good for storage.

chefann said:
I'm supposed to be clearing off the dining room table tonight. Actually, I've had it on my to do list all weekend. At this point, I'm dumping everything in a box and stashing it in the Florida Room. :)

So that's what I'm doing tonight, Brain.

Hey Ann! your to do list, and your way of solving it, sounds eerily familiar.....could it be because everything from the top of the phone desk is now sitting in a box in my bedroom???? Hmmmmm.........

cmdtrgd said:
What is the Florida Room?
http://images.fourseasonssunrooms.com/ProductImage/Inside/ST_Photo5.jpg

Our Florida room is a piece of, um, crud, too. The previous owners had it put on the house. They used a carport kit, and just enclosed it with poorly constructed walls. When there's a heavy rain, it leaks where it meets the house. All we ever use it for is storage. :)

Just so Chuckie doesn't take up Winter residence in there.

Nope- Chuckie and his family are content in the back of the yard.

We did have ducks in the Florida room one day, though. The door to the deck was open because DH and his buddy were moving things from the garage (before we had the old one demolished to make room for the new). They walked away and left the door propped open. A pair of mallards walked in. Beaker didn't like that one bit. The male got out OK, but we had to guide the female back to the door to get out.

See? Males never have to ask for directions - it's the females who get confused and make wrong turns.That's why the first explorer in Virgina was named Drake.

I just KNEW that someone was going to make a comment like that!

I'm just trying to egg you into a fowl pun war.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm just trying to egg you into a fowl pun war.

Everybody, duck!

AFLAC!http://www.aflac.com/us/en/images/commercial_duck.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
See? Males never have to ask for directions - it's the females who get confused and make wrong turns.[/I].

Men are content being lost. And after observing my father in the "co-pilot" seat...he is the reason the females in this family get confused and make wrong turns!!

Guess you have egg on your face now!!

And KG, is that you and Kat Lady in the Florida room?

<h2>1. What is "Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!) Mephitis mephitis? </h2><p>"Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!) Mephitis mephitis" is a phrase used to describe the skunk species, scientifically known as Mephitis mephitis. Skunks are known for their strong odor, which they use as a defense mechanism.</p><h2>2. Why do skunks emit such a strong smell?</h2><p>Skunks release a pungent odor from their scent glands as a way to protect themselves from predators. This smell can be very strong and difficult to remove.</p><h2>3. Can the smell of a skunk be harmful to humans?</h2><p>The smell of a skunk can be unpleasant, but it is not harmful to humans. However, it can cause temporary discomfort such as irritation to the eyes and nose.</p><h2>4. What should I do if I encounter a skunk?</h2><p>If you come across a skunk, it is best to slowly back away and give it space. Skunks typically only spray if they feel threatened, so avoiding any sudden movements can prevent a negative encounter.</p><h2>5. How can I get rid of the smell of a skunk?</h2><p>There are several methods to remove the smell of a skunk, such as using a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap, or using commercial skunk odor removal products. It is important to act quickly and try to remove the smell as soon as possible.</p>

Related to Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!)

1. What is "Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!) Mephitis mephitis?

"Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Short!) Mephitis mephitis" is a phrase used to describe the skunk species, scientifically known as Mephitis mephitis. Skunks are known for their strong odor, which they use as a defense mechanism.

2. Why do skunks emit such a strong smell?

Skunks release a pungent odor from their scent glands as a way to protect themselves from predators. This smell can be very strong and difficult to remove.

3. Can the smell of a skunk be harmful to humans?

The smell of a skunk can be unpleasant, but it is not harmful to humans. However, it can cause temporary discomfort such as irritation to the eyes and nose.

4. What should I do if I encounter a skunk?

If you come across a skunk, it is best to slowly back away and give it space. Skunks typically only spray if they feel threatened, so avoiding any sudden movements can prevent a negative encounter.

5. How can I get rid of the smell of a skunk?

There are several methods to remove the smell of a skunk, such as using a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap, or using commercial skunk odor removal products. It is important to act quickly and try to remove the smell as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
raebates
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow