• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today, What Is the

In summary, Forums are made of threads and threads are made of posts. Posts have URLs and Permalinks. The name for post URLs are Permalinks.
rennea
Gold Member
Sorry but I must be riding the short bus today, what is the "permalink" button for?

Re: Permalink?Not a clue

Re: Permalink?Where? I don't see that on the message pages.

Re: Permalink?Ann, it's in the "group" messages.

Re: Permalink?It's a link to that specific post of that group message wall. It's probably standard with the software; several boards I belong to use that to report certain posts, or to have a starting place for long posts.I can't really think of a reason we would need it; it's just something that's there.

Re: Permalink?
rennea said:
Sorry but I must be riding the short bus today, what is the "permalink" button for?

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! :D

Re: Permalink?Permalinks are used when things pass from the front page to the archives. Permalinks can be used within the HTML of a page to allow automated browsing tools to detect the permalink and use it for linking instead of the stated URL.If you wanted to link to here from elsewhere, that is when you would most likely use it so you don't create broken links.

Re: Permalink?Just to add...remember how if you click on the number of a post, it creates a specific URL for that post?Permalink is similar.

janetupnorth said:
Just to add...remember how if you click on the number of a post, it creates a specific URL for that post?

Permalink is similar.

That's geek to me! :p

janetupnorth said:
Permalinks are used when things pass from the front page to the archives.

Permalinks can be used within the HTML of a page to allow automated browsing tools to detect the permalink and use it for linking instead of the stated URL.

If you wanted to link to here from elsewhere, that is when you would most likely use it so you don't create broken links.

ummm, sure, right, ya, got it.... :)
No, not really, still as lost as ever, good thing Kacey is calling me tonight to walk me through all this :)

janetupnorth said:
Permalinks are used when things pass from the front page to the archives.

Permalinks can be used within the HTML of a page to allow automated browsing tools to detect the permalink and use it for linking instead of the stated URL.

If you wanted to link to here from elsewhere, that is when you would most likely use it so you don't create broken links.

huh?????:confused:

Re: Permalink?Oh OK!!! It might be easier for us all to understand if you speak English Janet :)

Re: Permalink?Forums are made of threads and threads are made of posts. There are URLs to threads and there are URLs to posts. The name for post URLs are Permalinks.

Admin Greg said:
Forums are made of threads and threads are made of posts. There are URLs to threads and there are URLs to posts. The name for post URLs are Permalinks.

yeah, like that helped, Greg! You are talkin' to the short bus folks here!

Re: Permalink?Permalink is the cyberspace address for a specific post within a thread. It makes sure that when you use the permalink (the post's address) you are taken to the right place.

Re: Permalink?Now I get it!!!

rennea said:
Now I get it!!!

Good because I was actually having a life for the past 6 hours and didn't have time to come clarify. ;)

janetupnorth said:
Good because I was actually having a life for the past 6 hours and didn't have time to come clarify. ;)

Life? Outside of ChefSuccess? Is that possible?? Is that allowed??? :confused::confused::confused::love:

pampchefsarah said:
Life? Outside of ChefSuccess? Is that possible?? Is that allowed??? :confused::confused::confused::love:

Yup! Went to an appointment, picked up the kids, went swimming with the kids and did laps for 1 1/2 hours, ran to the Health Food Store, ate, came home and watered the garden and pulled some weeds.

Now I need to get off here and get 2 host packets ready (time-permitting) otherwise they'll go out Saturday, fill out some paperwork from a lifeguarding class I taught, do some laundry and go to bed! (Whew, I'm tired thinking about it all - would rather just sit on here tonight...)

Related to Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today, What Is the

1. What does "Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today" mean?

"Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today" is a common phrase used to express that someone is feeling a little off or not functioning at their usual level.

2. Where did the phrase "Riding the Short Bus" come from?

The phrase "Riding the Short Bus" originated from the practice of using a smaller bus to transport children with special needs to school. It has since been used as a derogatory term, but is now being reclaimed to promote inclusivity and celebrate individual differences.

3. Is it offensive to use the phrase "Riding the Short Bus"?

The phrase "Riding the Short Bus" can be considered offensive to some individuals, especially those with special needs or their loved ones. It is important to be mindful of the impact of our words and to use inclusive language.

4. How can I use the phrase "Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today" in a more positive way?

Instead of using the phrase in a negative or derogatory manner, it can be used in a more positive and empowering way. For example, "Sorry but I Must Be Riding the Short Bus Today because I'm determined to overcome any challenges that come my way."

5. Are there any alternative phrases I can use instead of "Riding the Short Bus"?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used to express feeling a little off or not functioning at one's usual level. Some examples include "having an off day," "not firing on all cylinders," or "feeling a little out of sorts."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Geekgirl69
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • agw
  • General Chat
Replies