• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Brownie Mix for Your Large Bar Pan?

Most suggest adding an extra egg to make cake-like brownies. In summary, the conversation discusses suggestions for using a brownie mix in the large bar pan, including using two smaller box mixes, using mini chocolate chips, and adding an extra egg for a cake-like texture. There is also a mention of making fudge-like brownies by using two boxes of mix and a recipe variation on the back of the box for cake-like brownies.
muffetts
Gold Member
anyone know of a brownie mix that actually fits the large bar pan? Any one I've tried is like "spreading butter over too much bread". Any suggestions?:cry:

It does fit. It may be a little thin, just try to get it to spread as much as possible.

I use 2 of the Bag (smaller size) mixes. Fits the Large Bar pan great! not so thin.

Be sure to use the 9x13 size mix. And I use mini chocolate chips instead of trying to chop chocolate chips. It should bake up almost to the top of the pan. Also, are you using 3 eggs (for cakelike browies)? Just some thoughts...
Deb

Oh yes, the bigger box works better (9x13). I too used the mini chocolate chips, so much better than trying to chop them. I never make mine in the "cake" style so regular works too.

I don't think these brownies are supposed to be very thick. It has been awhile since I made these.

that's another thing... I have yet to see a box that says to "make cake-like brownies" - but I'm up in the Great White North, perhaps that's the difference. I'll keep shopping around, though, thanks everyone!

To make cake like brownies, most mixes say to add an extra egg.

I always use two boxes of brownies in the large bar pan and make them fudge like. They turn out perfect and thick. I have made the warm nutty caramel brownies and doubled the brownies but left everything else the same.

muffetts said:
that's another thing... I have yet to see a box that says to "make cake-like brownies" - but I'm up in the Great White North, perhaps that's the difference. I'll keep shopping around, though, thanks everyone!

There is usually a recipe variation on the back side of the box.

1. What makes these brownies "warm"?

The brownies are made with a generous amount of melted butter, which gives them a warm and gooey texture when they come out of the oven.

2. Are these brownies gluten-free?

No, unfortunately these brownies are not gluten-free. They contain all-purpose flour as one of the main ingredients.

3. Can I substitute the nuts for a different type of nut?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer or omit them altogether. Walnuts, pecans, and almonds all work well in this recipe.

4. How long do these brownies stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these brownies can stay fresh for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage.

5. Can I use caramel sauce instead of making my own caramel?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce instead of making your own. Just make sure to warm it up before drizzling it over the brownies for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies