• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I make brownies in the microwave using a large bar pan?

sometimes the microwave is finicky and won't cook things evenly. Usually if something isn't cooking evenly, it will either start to smell weird or start to look weird. Let us know how they turn out!
donnathepamperedchef
I would like to try making brownies in the large bar pan using the microwave. Has anyone done this? How long would I need to cook them? Do they still turn out ok? I am using them for a trifle next week and would prefer not to use the oven.

Are you making them at the host's home? You might want to double check that her microwave is large enough. The LBP is pretty big. I haven't tried it, so I'm sorry I can't help you much w/ the timing.

I am going to make the trifle and take it with me, main recipe Spinach Strawberry Salad, which I just love.

Your bar pan fits in your microwave and can circulate? That's a beast of a microwave that you have.

If you don't want to make them in your oven because it is too hot, try making them the night before when it may be cooler. I can't imagine them coming out in the microwave on the LBP very well if it can spin all the way around.

leftymac said:
Your bar pan fits in your microwave and can circulate? That's a beast of a microwave that you have.

It is a beast, love it; I have cooked a bunch of different things on the LBP & they are great but have yet to try the brownies, guess it will be a trial and error exerice :D

donnathepamperedchef said:
It is a beast, love it; I have cooked a bunch of different things on the LBP & they are great but have yet to try the brownies, guess it will be a trial and error exerice :D

Sometimes trial and error is what you have to do. Let us know how they come out!

Less time than the square baker, I would presume.

I would think that if a full cake in the DCB takes 10-12 minutes, then brownies in a bar pan- since it would be so thin- wouldn't take long at all! I'd watch it closely- and look at 5 minutes (if not less) and start from there....

1. Can I use the Lbp (Large Bar Pan) to make brownies in the microwave?

Yes, the Lbp is safe to use in the microwave. Simply follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that microwaving may result in a softer, more cake-like texture compared to using a conventional oven.

2. Can I use any type of brownie mix in the Lbp and microwave?

Yes, you can use any type of brownie mix in the Lbp and microwave as long as it fits within the pan and the cooking instructions are adjusted accordingly. However, for best results, we recommend using our Pampered Chef brownie mix specifically designed for the Lbp and microwave.

3. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the Lbp when microwaving?

We recommend greasing the Lbp with a non-stick cooking spray or brushing it with oil before adding the brownie batter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the brownies after microwaving.

4. Can I add mixins or toppings to my brownies when using the Lbp and microwave?

Yes, you can add mixins such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to your brownie batter before microwaving. You can also add toppings such as frosting or powdered sugar after microwaving. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if adding extra ingredients.

5. How do I clean the Lbp after microwaving brownies?

The Lbp is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If hand washing, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive scrubber to remove any residue. Do not use metal utensils on the Lbp to avoid scratches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies