• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Lift the Parchment Paper and Brownies Out of Bar Pan

In summary, the brownie is easiest to cut when it is cooled and the parchment paper prevents the corners of the brownie from overcooking.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm making a trifle and plan to use brownies made in the bar pan with parchment paper so I can lift them out to cut. Question is, when do you lift them out of the pan? Right away when they come out of the oven, or a few minutes, or what? :confused:

I wait a couple of minutes and then pull it out. It lets the brownies cool without overcooking from the residual heat of the stone.

Okay, thanks! :)

The concern that I had was the parchment paper moving as I poured in the batter thus cooking corners of the paper into the cake. Does anyone have a good idea on that?

Why use parchment paper?? Just for easy clean up? Or for easier cutting? The only reason I ask is I make a ton of brownies in my bar pan and have never used parchment paper with them and have never had any issues. They always turn out perfect with no hard edges. I was just curious.

The parchment is to lift out the brownies so that they're easier to cut and they cool without overcooking from the residual heat of the stone.

chefshawna said:
Why use parchment paper?? Just for easy clean up? Or for easier cutting? The only reason I ask is I make a ton of brownies in my bar pan and have never used parchment paper with them and have never had any issues. They always turn out perfect with no hard edges. I was just curious.

Well you answered my question I was wondering if I could make them without the parchment paper... LOL

I usually don't use parchment with my brownies and I have never had a problem with them over cooking because the pan was still hot. If I am making brownies for a trifle or other show recipe I cut them right in the pan. I make the brownie ahead of time and cut some of it before the show and the rest at the show. Doing that shows another feature of stoneware - it's safe to cut on the stone and the brownie does not stick.

I use the parchment with brownies or cake if I am making a recipe that is going to be layered rather than cut into squares.

ETA: To answer the original question of this thread, I wait until the brownie cools (at least a bit) - I have found that if you lift it too soon it can break apart as you lift because it's too soft.

I still have the edges and corners of my brownies going hard - am i over-cooking them?

So I completely botched my parchment paper attempt last night, ended up just making a second attempt in the bar pan w/o the paper. (I'll post about last night's show later) It worked just fine like normal. I was bummed, but it ended up being just fine. Just like Beth said, it was probably good anyway cause they saw the benefits of the stoneware and how you could cut easily and lift them out without them sticking, etc.

LeanneB. said:
The concern that I had was the parchment paper moving as I poured in the batter thus cooking corners of the paper into the cake. Does anyone have a good idea on that?

I was trying to make the peanut butter brownie torte... sorry if I got everyone sidetracked. The paper keeps moving around on the bottom of the pan. I learned how to make the parchment circles, but I just can't figure out how to keep them in place so the corner don't bake into my brownies. Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks!
Leanne

LeanneB. said:
I was trying to make the peanut butter brownie torte... sorry if I got everyone sidetracked. The paper keeps moving around on the bottom of the pan. I learned how to make the parchment circles, but I just can't figure out how to keep them in place so the corner don't bake into my brownies. Any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks!
Leanne

The circle only needs to be as large (or a little smaller than) the "platform" in the middle of the pan. Spray the pan first, then put the parchment down. It should stick a little to the spray.

I did that and the paper still moved. I did it in two pieces per the instructions on CC, maybe I just need to cut one circle the size of the platform and try that. Thanks for your help!

I did that and the paper still moved. I did it in two pieces per the instructions on CC, maybe I just need to cut one circle the size of the platform and try that. Thanks for your help!:)

yeah- you should have 1 complete circle for each pan

Do you have the DVD for this selling season? It has the demo for the Choc. PB cup torte and shows how they make the parchment circle. I know that helped me figure out how to get it right. Spraying the pan first, then setting the circle on top helps get it to stick. Are you using Baker's Joy? That has the flour in it. That's the kind I use and the parchment stays put pretty well.

Yes, I got the DVD and got about 20 min. it and my 3 year old took over the TV. I will watch today while she naps and see what I can pick up. Thanks for the tip. I know this dessert was a major hit at my open house and any way that I can make it easier to demo would be great.:thumbsup:

1. When is the best time to lift the parchment paper and brownies out of the bar pan?

The best time to lift the parchment paper and brownies out of the bar pan is after they have cooled for about 5-10 minutes. This allows the brownies to set and prevents them from breaking or crumbling when lifting them out.

2. Can I leave the parchment paper on the brownies while they cool?

Yes, you can leave the parchment paper on the brownies while they cool. This will help the brownies to retain their shape and make them easier to remove from the pan.

3. Should I grease the parchment paper before pouring in the brownie batter?

No, you do not need to grease the parchment paper before pouring in the brownie batter. The parchment paper is non-stick, so the brownies will not stick to it. Greasing the parchment paper may also cause the brownies to slide around when trying to lift them out of the pan.

4. Can I reuse the parchment paper for a second batch of brownies?

Yes, you can reuse the parchment paper for a second batch of brownies. As long as the parchment paper is not torn or too greasy, it can be used multiple times. Just be sure to let the paper cool completely before using it again.

5. Is it necessary to use parchment paper when baking brownies in a bar pan?

While it is not necessary, using parchment paper can make it easier to remove the brownies from the pan and can also make clean up a breeze. It also helps to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan, resulting in a more professional-looking and intact final product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies