• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Muffin Pan Recipe Booklet: Good Idea or Flop?

In summary, the conversation involves discussing a potential idea for a Muffin Pan Gift Set and creating a recipe booklet to go along with it. The conversation also touches on other recipe booklets for different products and ways to save money on printing and binding them. There is also mention of a possible fundraiser booklet.
jenniferlynne
OK. I had an idea pop in my head and I wanted to share it with you guys. I have all the current cookbooks plus several discontinued ons. I'm going to go through them and type up all the recipes that use the mini muffin pan. I'm going to put them in a nice folder with prongs and give them free to each person that orders my "Muffin Pan Gift Set". This will be the mini-muffin pan, the small scoop and the Mini Tart Shaper. What do you think? I went to Staples and was going to buy one of the binder machines so they would look really nice, and almost passed out when I saw they were $250. So, $1.99 folders will have to do. I could have gotten cheaper folders, but they had a lot of really cool ones since school is getting ready to start. They also have pockets on the inside. I'm going to suggest to customers that they can keep their recipts and Use and Care Guides in it too.

So, what do you think? Good idea or a flop?

Jennifer~

I think it's a cute idea! Especially if you are using the MMP in your demo, you would be able to sell a ton! Good way to add on sales!

I do one like that for the Fluted Stone, which i sell a lot of, and the proud new owners love it. There is a muffin pan one too, so don't go to all that work... let me see if I can find it. Oh, and love the gift set... may have to try that.

what you can do if you don't want to send that kind of money is

print what you want , then take the paper to Staples and they will put the comb binding holes in them - just by experience - tell them to take extra care that the paper lines up correctly, they have in the past messed up some paper I have taken up there - then I have to re-print the pages and that does cost more then. Then you can buy the comb binding by itseld (and it is sooooo much cheaper that way) take the paper home and then put it together yourself, you will save so much money that way.

But one more thing, some of the clerks will charge you to put holes in the paper, so if you know someone, ask them, or make friends with someone.

I also will buy a pack of paper and have the holes put in it before I leave the store so right after I print the booklet, calendar, and so on ( I do this alot, I should buy the machine, I do a lot of this - I said that twice - Well I guess I do that alot) I will put it together. I make all of my fundraiser booklet this way also. I will put them together when I am watching TV at night - no big deal

BUT IT DOES LOOK Professional

Just my 2cents worth

~

Teresa ... what fundraiser booklets? I'm very interested in what this is ... could you fill me in?

That is such a great idea!! I love all the recipes from Laurie Burke too!! Does anyone have this type of file for the Trifle Bowl??? That would help with sales too.

Thank you! Julie

whiteyteresa said:
what you can do if you don't want to send that kind of money is

print what you want , then take the paper to Staples and they will put the comb binding holes in them - just by experience - tell them to take extra care that the paper lines up correctly, they have in the past messed up some paper I have taken up there - then I have to re-print the pages and that does cost more then. Then you can buy the comb binding by itseld (and it is sooooo much cheaper that way) take the paper home and then put it together yourself, you will save so much money that way.

But one more thing, some of the clerks will charge you to put holes in the paper, so if you know someone, ask them, or make friends with someone.

I also will buy a pack of paper and have the holes put in it before I leave the store so right after I print the booklet, calendar, and so on ( I do this alot, I should buy the machine, I do a lot of this - I said that twice - Well I guess I do that alot) I will put it together. I make all of my fundraiser booklet this way also. I will put them together when I am watching TV at night - no big deal

BUT IT DOES LOOK Professional

Just my 2cents worth

~
I would like to see the booklet if possible.
Thanks!

Wow, thanks for all your great ideas! This could work out good at Christmas.
"Buy this product and get these recipes". You could offer the MMP, Trifle Bowl, Fluted Stone, mini loaf pan....the list goes on!

Thanks for all the recipes that were posted.

Oh, by the way, you can buy the paper with the holes already in them at Staples as well as the plastic binders. However, I couldn't find any cute covers to put on them that had the holes already punched in. They sold clear covers and colored ones, but they weren't pre-punched. Any suggestions? I still have my receipt, so I can still take my folders back.

I would suggest for the mini muffin pan that you maybe add the Easy Accent Decorator. They'll need that too! Great idea! Are you putting it right on the order form? Just for Christmas time or always? I think I might do gift packages too, especially for the fall shows. Thanks for the idea!

I do this for the Trifle bowl. It works out incredible! I bring them with me to my shows and give them to the customers that purchase the Trifle to take home with them. That way #1 it saves me on shipping and #2 it gets them excited to receive their products! I also have a smaller list of recipes for the DCB that I typically email.

I normally give all my customers that order the MMP, trifle, stoneware bar pan, etc. recipes to go with their products. They get really excited about having recipes to use with their products and feel pampered for receiving them.

Can you share your booklet for the DCB Brandi? I also offer the recipes to those who buy a certain product. I usually e-mail them.

Jules711 said:
I would suggest for the mini muffin pan that you maybe add the Easy Accent Decorator. They'll need that too! Great idea! Are you putting it right on the order form? Just for Christmas time or always? I think I might do gift packages too, especially for the fall shows. Thanks for the idea!

My Director had given me a handout one time that had gift sets on it. Instead of giving free recipes, I think she was giving a 10% discount or so on the gift sets. The cookbooks cost me a lot less than 10% of the sale, so I would rather do that. I may make up a word document though with gift sets on it. I will share when I get it done.

chefjwr said:
Can you share your booklet for the DCB Brandi? I also offer the recipes to those who buy a certain product. I usually e-mail them.

I found it in the files on here... can't take any credit for it...now lets see if I can figure out how to attatch it.:confused:

Attachments

• deep covered baker recipes.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 558
It worked! Imagine that! You all teach me new things every day!

:) I've been doing that with the Trifle bowl and I've sold a ton of them

Great Idea! I also have a 3 page recipe sheet that I pass out. I also offer the same products as you but have added the citrus peeler to the list also as it is a great item to pop the items out that stick just a little bit. I offer it as the mini muffin pan bundle and charge a total of $30.00 (which is a savings of .25 cents.)

mini muffin pan recipes in word documentWhen you've been doing PC for 9 years you come up with a lot of mini muffin pan recipes..been helping to compile these over the years...some may be out of date...I utilize this document a lot..especially at Holiday time in selling the pan...I tell them I have over 60 recipes for the pan, and when they purchase the pan I will email them this document...99% of the guests, I have found, have email and are happy to get it that way!!!! Then they can open it, and highlight on the recipe they want and just print out that recipe as needed...
hope this helps
karlene

Attachments

• mini muffin recipes 60.doc
    73 KB · Views: 315
Sorry that I didn't see the post about my booklets earlier

I am having a problem uploading my files - I don't know how to do the zip thingy

If someone would e-mail that knows this stuff, I would e-mail them the stuff and then post it for me (and Thank you in advance) I would give all information about the booklet.

I know that I need to work on learning how to do zip files, I will, I promise
but for now, If someone could help me this time

Thanks

[email protected]

~

whiteyteresa said:
If someone would e-mail that knows this stuff, I would e-mail them the stuff and then post it for me (and Thank you in advance) I would give all information about the booklet.

Ok, here is Teresa's booklet. I've added a file called instructions to the zip that has the instructions for how to use the files to make a booklet up.

Thanks for sharing Teresa, the booklet looks fantastic.

Look a few messages down for the new updated file that includes the word/excel documents you can modify.

Last edited:
Thanks, Theresa and Tasha. This looks great. Theresa, do you have the pages in a Word document you could share?

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Tasha

Thank You so much for doing this for me.
I really do appreciate everything you did.

Thank You again,

Teresa

~

Trish

I have redone the files on my end to add the files that are missing, I am not sure but some of the files didn't get to Tasha - my fault not hers.

I think I actully did the zip thingy.

I will e-mail it to you and you can check it out for me. Let me know if anything is missing or you don't understand something

Thanks

Teresa

~

dang.....just when I think I've been thru EVERY post on this site, I find more product recipe collections...geesh. Good thing my 'puter has lots of memory. lol

Ok, here are the zip files. I've split it into 3 so that I could upload them. The two in this post are the graphic zips and in my next post I'll upload the zip with the editable documents.

Teresa, thanks so much for giving us so much information and the great pictures of your stuff it really helps in seeing what this looks like. :D

Attachments

• Fundraiser_Booklet_Graphics2_whiteyteresa.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 337
  • Fundraiser_Booklet_Graphics_whiteyteresa.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 369
Last edited:
And here are the editable files.

Attachments

• Fundraiser_Booklet_whiteyteresa.zip
    574.1 KB · Views: 489
Thank You

Tasha

~

Thanks for the great ideas. I haven't thought of doing this.

Shannon

Do you give only one booklet to the organization? What else do you do? Catalogs and order forms? Never done a fundraiser and looking to get some this year.
Thanks!

Here is the instructions for the booklet

I give one booklet, one catalog, and one money envelope to team captain for each team member

~

Attachments

• Assembling the Booklet Instructions 001.doc
    25 KB · Views: 297

1. What inspired you to create a Muffin Pan Recipe Booklet?

I wanted to make it easier for our customers to use their mini muffin pan and showcase the versatility of this kitchen tool. Plus, I noticed that many of our cookbooks didn't have a lot of recipes specifically for the mini muffin pan, so I wanted to fill that gap.

2. How many recipes are included in the booklet?

The booklet will include over 20 recipes that use the mini muffin pan. This includes both sweet and savory options, so there is something for everyone to enjoy.

3. Is the booklet only available with the purchase of the Muffin Pan Gift Set?

Yes, the booklet will be available for free with the purchase of our Muffin Pan Gift Set. This set includes the mini muffin pan, small scoop, and mini tart shaper, making it the perfect package for anyone looking to expand their baking collection.

4. Can customers personalize their booklet with their own recipes?

Unfortunately, the booklet will only include recipes from our existing cookbooks. However, we are always open to suggestions and feedback, so if there is a recipe you would like to see using the mini muffin pan, please let us know!

5. Will the booklet be available for purchase separately?

At this time, the booklet will only be available as a free gift with the purchase of our Muffin Pan Gift Set. However, we may consider making it available for purchase in the future if there is enough demand for it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mommylove_07
  • Recipes and Tips