• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is there a thread about the ticket game and incorporating bookings slide?

In summary, this woman plays a game where she gives out tickets for questions asked about her business or hosting a show. She tells the story of her business and how it has evolved over time. She also does a booking slide. She says that if someone asks a question she will give them a ticket to the drawing at the end. She says that she likes the game and is learning a lot from everyone.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Am I dreaming or was there a thread here about the ticket game and someone who shared about how she does it and incorporates the bookings slide into it? If it's here, would some kind soul please point me to it? Thanks
in advance.
(I asked this on CS also because I can't remember where I read it but I wanted to re-read it all and now I cannot find it)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why I couldn't locate it but am SO thankful for your help!

Shoot - and here I thought that you had started a thread completely dedicated to the ticket game. :cry:

Chefbeckyd said:
Shoot - and here I thought that you had started a thread completely dedicated to the ticket game. :cry:

Well, why don't we morph it into that! I was just completely intrigued with pcjenni's post about her integration of so many things with the ticket game. I hope she doesn't mind but I'm going to repost her note here about how she does it:
Here is how I play the ticket game:

Demo is done, food goes in the micro or oven. I turn around and pull the tickets from my apron pocket and say "Ok, we are going to play a little game while our food cooks. The game is, if you ask me a question about my Pampered Chef business or about hosting a Pampered Chef show, I will give you a ticket. At the end I will let Susie Q Hostess pick a ticket from my apron pocket for the winner. That way you can beat her up instead of me if you don't win!" I wait and if a few moments go by and no one ask a question I say "So I know you are all thinking this but no one wants to ask because we just don't talk about this in polite society right... you all want to know how much money I make!" This gets a laugh and gets the ball rolling if they have not already started asking questions.

When someone asks about hosting, I do the booking slide in the middle of the game. I make a big production of throwing it out in front of myself and going over every slide.

I think the key to my success with the game (I just signed my 17th personal recruit this year, earned excellence in recruiting last year and WILL earn it again this year ) is that I turn their questions into the answers I want them to hear. So if someone asks me "so how much money do you make" Instead of saying "My commission check last month was X" I would say "Well, let me tell you a little bit more about me and my situation. I started my PC business 4 years ago as a way to get out of the house and make a little bit of mad money. I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and became a stay at home mom. I quickly realized I needed something for myself. I was invited to a PC show......" I tell my whole story about how my business started and evolved into replacing income for our family when my husband took a paycut earlier this year. That way a lot of people can relate to my story. They can see my income evolved over time and how they can get out of the house, get free products, trips, true income potential etc. I have some of my commission statements in my binder with my hostess specials etc. Then I would say, "the average consultant across the country makes X a show, but as you build your business you get better at the shows and make more money per show on average. You will see several of my commission checks in the binder".

I will have the game go on for 20 to 40 minutes most of the time.

I have been trying to do the ticket game more often and I like it. I LOVE the casual blending of the bookings slide into this. I have been setting my timer for 3 - 5 minutes but often go beyond that as questions keep coming so I love that you shared your time frame with us as well. I've also done it without the time and just said I have 10 or 12 tickets so ask quick if you want in on the drawing but I feel bad because what if question # 13 may be what Wallflower Wanda wanted to know but it doesn't get asked because
I limited the tickets to 12.

Does anyone else have new, different or unique takes on the ticket game? I learn so much from all of you and can't wait to hear more on this topic.

Thanks Diane! :candyheart:

I know - after reading Jenni's post, it made me think of how I might have been limiting people. Many times, the questions are coming fast and furious, and the timer goes off, and then they just stop - times up! Who knows what I've been missing out on by putting the time constraints there. :confused::cry:

I'm excited for my show this evening! I'll be doing Chicken Your Way, and the Ticket Game Jenni's Way!:D

Chefbeckyd said:
I know - after reading Jenni's post, it made me think of how I might have been limiting people.

I thought the same thing... and how I might be limiting MYSELF!!!!!

I use recipe cards with my information on them . The more questions people ask, the more recipes they get, PLUS whomever has the most cards gets the prize... and everyone takes home something cool with my info. :)

beckyjsmith said:
I use recipe cards with my information on them . The more questions people ask, the more recipes they get, PLUS whomever has the most cards gets the prize... and everyone takes home something cool with my info. :)

I do the same! :)

beckyjsmith said:

Ooooo...great idea! I have so many recipe cards that this would be a great way to purge my over stock!

Sorry I am not contributing...too busy stealing:bugeye::D:rolleyes::chef:

Don't mind you reposting Quiverfull7! Love the idea of the recipe cards, will share that one with my team. For new people, I think the raffle tickets are easier since they don't have a lot of recipe cards... remember, easy and duplicatable builds your team.

Ok, the recipe card idea is brilliant. Best idea I've heard today.

beckyjsmith said:

Nice. I think I'll have to snag this! How many different recipes do you have on hand?

baychef said:
Ooooo...great idea! I have so many recipe cards that this would be a great way to purge my over stock!

Sorry I am not contributing...too busy stealing:bugeye::D:rolleyes::chef:

He He...me too! Imagine that! One day I'll have an original idea. :pray::D

I've done the recipe cards too... and they don't have to be the PC ones... I've got some that I printed on bright card stock that are PC recipes and I just stamped the back with my info. Last time I did it I think the gal who won had 8 different cards and they all had a ball.

I've been using mini one hundred dollar bills I got from the booster. Has a subliminal message on them too. Then I collect all the money back when it's over and re-use. The one who has the most money, wins, and then I say something about how many shows it would take to earn that much.

ChefLoriG said:
I've been using mini one hundred dollar bills I got from the booster. Has a subliminal message on them too. Then I collect all the money back when it's over and re-use. The one who has the most money, wins, and then I say something about how many shows it would take to earn that much.

OH... I love that one too!

ChefLoriG said:

Oh! I have those bills too. So you give them the bills and a ticket? Or how do you pick the prize?

bethcooks4u said:
Oh! I have those bills too. So you give them the bills and a ticket? Or how do you pick the prize?

I use this bills in place of a ticket. Whoever has the most money, wins the prize.

another shout out for the ticket game. Recruited 2 people last night by playing it. Gonna be an automatic SC line for me. That make 5 recruits since the beginning of the month for me because of the game!!

YOU ROCK JENNI!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

That's awesome Jenni! Congratulations!

Congrats Jenni! That's impressive and AMAZING! :)

pcjenni said:
another shout out for the ticket game. Recruited 2 people last night by playing it. Gonna be an automatic SC line for me. That make 5 recruits since the beginning of the month for me because of the game!!

I SO WISH I could see a video of you doing your thing!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are totally inspiring to me and I thank you so much for sharing
your success here with us! WAHOO FOR YOU!

yay to Jenni! =)

WOW you are smokin' !!!!

quiverfull7 said:
I SO WISH I could see a video of you doing your thing!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are totally inspiring to me and I thank you so much for sharing
your success here with us! WAHOO FOR YOU!

I was just thinking I wish I could watch Jenni in action!

You are a huge inspiration - thanks so much Jenni!

Okay...I just have to report in on my results from my show last night, doing the Ticket Game w/o setting a time limit!

There were 8 guests at the show, and out of that....are you ready for this???

SEVEN
of them booked shows, and I have TWO solid recruit leads!

Amazing! Jenni - you are my HERO! :love0010::love0010::love0010:

See Becky!! Look what happens when WE don't limit ourselves... great things happen!!

The ticket game is awesome. I am signing my 19th personal recruit this year on Tuesday, 4th this month... look for me in the Consultant news...oh yeah.. and on the Excellence Award winners for 2011!!

pcjenni said:
See Becky!! Look what happens when WE don't limit ourselves... great things happen!!

The ticket game is awesome. I am signing my 19th personal recruit this year on Tuesday, 4th this month... look for me in the Consultant news...oh yeah.. and on the Excellence Award winners for 2011!!

The only down side was that I didn't have seven host packets with me!

Now my goal is to join you as an Excellence Awards Winner! :D

That's awesome Becky! Can't wait to cheer for you during conference! Sweet!

Jenni,

You're on fire....and dare I say it? AMAZING!!! Kudos! Will definitely be looking for you in CN. =)

and the ticket game strikes again... another recruit from my show last night... now my goal is 6 for this month.

You're on fire Jenni! Go Jenni....keep it up and YOU are gonna be the new Wahoo Woman! :D That is really awesome!

Would someone please come and pick my jaw up off of the floor!?!?! WOW! Congrats Jenni! So proud of and happy for you! Keep rockin' it girl!

I would help you Melissa but I've just awaked from passing out at Jenni's amazing success and I'm re-reading her plan for the tickets so that I can put it to use at tonights show.

More questions for Jenni! Thanks for all of your help and sharing your ideas!I shared your version of the ticket game with a director friend and she asked me to ask you some questions and I'm hoping that if you share your answers here, they will help others as well.1. How long is your average show? From when you start talking to when you stop?
2. Can you roadmap your show for us? Just a quick outline of your flow?Thanks so much for your help! We REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!

finley1991 said:
More questions for Jenni! Thanks for all of your help and sharing your ideas!

I shared your version of the ticket game with a director friend and she asked me to ask you some questions and I'm hoping that if you share your answers here, they will help others as well.

1. How long is your average show? From when you start talking to when you stop?
2. Can you roadmap your show for us? Just a quick outline of your flow?

Thanks so much for your help! We REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!

And if you have time...could I add a couple more questions?

3. What questions do you ask during checkout?

4. Do you schedule appts, or do phone calls, or how do you actually get them from the Ticket Game, to signing on the dotted line?

I too am in total awe of the Jenn-meister's recruiting success. Thanks in advance for sharing how you do it.
Way to Go chica!!!

:eek::eek::eek:I have not been on here but I too have lock jaw...my jaw will not get off the floor. I am SO doing this and SO training my downline on this!! Thank you DS ladies...once again, you rock AND roll!!!:party:

finley1991 said:
More questions for Jenni! Thanks for all of your help and sharing your ideas!

I shared your version of the ticket game with a director friend and she asked me to ask you some questions and I'm hoping that if you share your answers here, they will help others as well.

1. How long is your average show? From when you start talking to when you stop?
2. Can you roadmap your show for us? Just a quick outline of your flow?

Thanks so much for your help! We REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!

My demo last for about an hour to an hour 15 minutes including the ticket game. I demo 1 recipe and show a lot of tools with that demo.

Introduce myself, briefly like "Hi my name is Jenni, I am your Pampered Chef today. Thank you to Hostess for opening her home to me today. Hostess please share with everyone why you wanted to host a show."

Tell them what we are making and where the recipe comes from. Start demo, enhance demo with additional products I always show, like the garlic peeler and slicer set.

Food goes in microwave or oven.

Ticket game including booking slide

Draw for prize.

Food goes out to eat

orders and full service check out

I am usually out of the hostesses house in 2 hours.

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Chefbeckyd said:
And if you have time...could I add a couple more questions?

3. What questions do you ask during checkout?

4. Do you schedule appts, or do phone calls, or how do you actually get them from the Ticket Game, to signing on the dotted line?

I do full service checkout exactly like this.

"So Susie Customer, did you have a good time tonight and enjoy the food?'

"Are you one of the people who is interested in learning more about a PC business?"

Wait for answer, if no then proceed to next question. If yes, then ask them if they are ready to pick a date for their grand opening on my calendar now or would they like me to email them some additional information tonight when I get home. If pick a date, get them signed. If email info I ask if I can follow up with them tomorrow and what time would be convenient for them. THEN I FOLLOW UP EXACTLY WHEN THEY ASKED ME TO!!! I think this is the key. I assume they are going to sign and me being consistant and reliable is the key to my business.

"How about hosting a show to earn some free products?"

If yes, pick a date right then, if no go on to closing

"Well thank you for coming tonight, I hope to see you at Betty's party next month on the 5th."

I get people walking up to me all the time just ready to sign. I also follow up and or get them to host first and then get them signed if they want the kit credit. For the most part though I get them signed within a few days of when I met them, have a date for their grand opening on my calendar at the time
they sign and away we go.

Thanks Jenni! You're the best!!!!

What kinds of recipes do you do and are your shows hands on or do you do the demo?And I promise to stop bugging you! :) Thanks Jenni!

pcjenni said:
I do full service checkout exactly like this.

"So Susie Customer, did you have a good time tonight and enjoy the food?'

"Are you one of the people who is interested in learning more about a PC business?"

Wait for answer, if no then proceed to next question. If yes, then ask them if they are ready to pick a date for their grand opening on my calendar now or would they like me to email them some additional information tonight when I get home. If pick a date, get them signed. If email info I ask if I can follow up with them tomorrow and what time would be convenient for them. THEN I FOLLOW UP EXACTLY WHEN THEY ASKED ME TO!!! I think this is the key. I assume they are going to sign and me being consistant and reliable is the key to my business.

"How about hosting a show to earn some free products?"

If yes, pick a date right then, if no go on to closing

"Well thank you for coming tonight, I hope to see you at Betty's party next month on the 5th."

I get people walking up to me all the time just ready to sign. I also follow up and or get them to host first and then get them signed if they want the kit credit. For the most part though I get them signed within a few days of when I met them, have a date for their grand opening on my calendar at the time
they sign and away we go.

And one more question. :)

When you do the GO show - are you doing it as the consultant, or are you considering it their first show?

Thanks so much Jenni! YOU are going to revolutionize my business!

finley1991 said:
What kinds of recipes do you do and are your shows hands on or do you do the demo?

And I promise to stop bugging you! :) Thanks Jenni!

I do a hands on demo as much as possible.. you always get those crowds that won't participate. I go with the flow.

This season I am doing the Chicken Enchilada Pizza, Anitpasti Pull Aparts, Chicken Piccata. I still use the baker at every show to do the chicken. I also demo the meat tenderizers, Hold N Slice and a rub or seasoning with it, even if the recipe does not call for it. I created another $99 Deal for the pizza when I demo that.

Chefbeckyd said:
And one more question. :)

When you do the GO show - are you doing it as the consultant, or are you considering it their first show?

Thanks so much Jenni! YOU are going to revolutionize my business!

If they have signed before I get to their house, it is their 1st show as the consultant and of course they are the hostess for the hostess rewards. I figure I am going there anyway, better to get the grand opening done and over with. I make 4% on the sales, $10 activity bonus, $35 recruiting bonus and whatever recruiting promo is going on as well as my 2000 pts for the trip and excellence award.

If they take the kit credit or decide to sign after the show, it is my show as the consultant, but they get the hostess rewards, bookings and recruit leads.

Honestly, most (90+%) sign before I get there. Once I tell them, "I am coming one way or the other... would you rather have the paycheck and the hostesses rewards or just the hostess rewards?"... well you can imagine how that makes sense to them. I create (I think) a feeling that I am there to help and support them and there is nothing to lose by trying the business. Of course, then my job is to get them qualified... and I have recruited 19 this year and qualified 14. So it is working :party:

1. What is the ticket game and how can it be incorporated with bookings slide?

The ticket game is a popular game used by Pampered Chef consultants to encourage guests to book parties. It involves giving guests a ticket for every booking they make at a party. These tickets can then be entered into a drawing for a prize. The bookings slide is a visual tool used during parties to showcase available dates for future parties. To incorporate the two, some consultants choose to do a drawing for a prize from the bookings slide, giving guests an extra incentive to book a party.

2. Is there a specific thread on the Pampered Chef forum discussing the ticket game and incorporating bookings slide?

Yes, there have been several discussions on the Pampered Chef forum about the ticket game and how to incorporate it with the bookings slide. These discussions can be found by using the search function on the forum or by browsing through the "Party Ideas" section.

3. Can someone please direct me to the specific thread about the ticket game and incorporating bookings slide?

I'm sorry, I cannot provide a specific link to the thread as it may have been moved or deleted. However, you can try using keywords such as "ticket game" and "bookings slide" in the forum search bar to find relevant threads.

4. Is the ticket game and incorporating bookings slide an effective way to increase party bookings?

Many Pampered Chef consultants have found success with using the ticket game and incorporating bookings slide. It adds an element of fun and excitement to the party, and can incentivize guests to book a party on the spot. However, the effectiveness may vary depending on your audience and party dynamics.

5. Can I use the ticket game and bookings slide in any type of party?

Yes, the ticket game and bookings slide can be used in any type of Pampered Chef party, whether it's in-person, virtual, or a catalog party. It's a versatile tool that can be adapted to fit different party formats and goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrappergirl7
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7
  • annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Darcy Sharpe
  • tlag1986