• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the New Pampered Chef Career Plan Too Demanding?

In summary, Becky and I are both directors who are having trouble getting our other girls to recruit. We both think that the new career plan is too tough and need to be tweaked. Becky is looking forward to the Spring Launch meeting to discuss possible changes.
Chefgirl2 said:
This new career plan is brilliant. QUOTE]

I totally agree!!! I have only been in PC since Sept 08, so I am familiar with the old career plan. I was a FD (never was Director under old plan) and when they announcce new plan I was trilled. I think if you can see the big picture, then you will realize you can promote faster with less work. When working with my new consultants I make recruiting just another part of the job. I don't think recruiting is as big of a deal as some people make it out to be!! They are not signing away their first born!!!! If you stress that it is not a big deal and help them recruit one in their first 30-90 days they will continue!!
I know some will say "But you weren't a Director under the old plan, so you don't know what is like..." but the point is that the The Career Plan is different (can't even call it the new plan it has been 10 months!!) you just have to figure out how to make it work!!!
I don't mean to sound harsh in anyway, but I try to get support and encouragement from this board so I just try to find the good and not bring others down, especially all of the NEW CONSULTANTS ON THIS FORUM!! :eek:I feel this post is going to scare some away!! YES, YES we all can express our opinions, I know, I know, just my TWO CENTS! Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

All you newbies out there: The Career Plan is a GREAT thing, you will make more money faster!!:)

jcsmilez said:
It has been so interesting reading everyone's perspective on this.

I am very curious, hopefully not to open a huge can of worms, but to ease my analytical mind -- if you could, what minor changes or tweaks would those of you that are frustrated make to the current plan? It seems like a structurally solid plan that encourages leaders to be more involved with their downline, but that has had some adverse side effects such as the two-headed monster mentioned in a previous post.

\.

I think you are right. Ever since they announced this plan at Leadership, Directors and SD/AD's have "crawled out of the woodwork" and became more involved with their downlines. I know the HD group I am a part of was one of them. We would have our cluster meetings and she'd be on the phone (wasn't very helpful for me but it was how it was....we've all just found a new group to join in locally- YEAH).

So yes- I think it gave them motivation to have more interest in what they were doing with their business to help them train and work with those who ARE interested in growing their business too, instead of recruiting and then just leaving them to themselves. Unfortunately, some of you have had the monsters as you say, and that's sad. Fortunately for me, mine will "cultivate" those who WANT to be, and just keep the others informed at whatever level they prefer to work.

jcsmilez said:
-- if you could, what minor changes or tweaks would those of you that are frustrated make to the current plan? ...

I would change the Director team structure requirements to be one active Senior Consultant instead of 2....that is what has been holding me back from regaining my title. :cry:

pamperedlinda said:
I would change the Director team structure requirements to be one active Senior Consultant instead of 2....that is what has been holding me back from regaining my title. :cry:

And what is holding me back from promoting....

I'm always right on the brink - I was in the old plan (then it was having 5 active and all submitting in the same month) and now that I meet that requirement...I'm always just one Sr. Consultant short! And yet, I have a larger active team than many who are directors...

pamperedlinda said:

That's what been keeping me from promoting too. But - my team knows (at least I hope that they do) that I'm more concerned with them & their successes than my promotion. Would I love to be a director (really, it's just a title, I already do all of the director work. I know others here do too.)? Absolutely. But I'm not going to get pushy with my team & make those the only words they hear from me.

I feel bad for my director. I haven't asked her, so I don't know how things are going for her. If she's getting paid as a TL or director I don't know. She is the recruiting queen, but retention isn't always great, I think. I wish I could promote, but I'm not doing a great job w/ recruiting. I'm taking a tele-seminar w/ Steve Wiltshire on Friday though, and hope it will help me with it. Tammy Stanley's newsletter she sent out this week, promoted this and since it was free I signed up right away.I love this company, but since I'm just a hobby level consultant and spend all my money on products and business materials, I don't have the bank account experience to promote. I think I tell people about the business, but I hardly ever directly ask or invite people to join. The times I have, I failed and hate that feeling. I am paranoid of turning off people or making my hosts leery to work w/ me again for fear of me asking them. It's a perception that I have to adjust and work out.I can't imagine how hard it must be for those who are dependent on what others do. It's everyone's own business, so it's a hard line to set and try to not cross. You have to balance being there to help and to motivate and train, yet not harp on it over and over and potentially turn people off.

babywings76 said:
I feel bad for my director. I haven't asked her, so I don't know how things are going for her. If she's getting paid as a TL or director I don't know. She is the recruiting queen, but retention isn't always great, I think. I wish I could promote, but I'm not doing a great job w/ recruiting. I'm taking a tele-seminar w/ Steve Wiltshire on Friday though, and hope it will help me with it. Tammy Stanley's newsletter she sent out this week, promoted this and since it was free I signed up right away.

I love this company, but since I'm just a hobby level consultant and spend all my money on products and business materials, I don't have the bank account experience to promote. I think I tell people about the business, but I hardly ever directly ask or invite people to join. The times I have, I failed and hate that feeling. I am paranoid of turning off people or making my hosts leery to work w/ me again for fear of me asking them. It's a perception that I have to adjust and work out.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for those who are dependent on what others do. It's everyone's own business, so it's a hard line to set and try to not cross. You have to balance being there to help and to motivate and train, yet not harp on it over and over and potentially turn people off.

Tell people how much you love what you do and how flexible it is. Tell them that they can choose to do it as a hobby to pay for their obscession with PC or they can do it to make real money. Tell them that Pampered Chef and your friend who helps you are there to give them all the training and guidance they could want. Then let them decide. If someone marks that they're interested on the drawing slip or tells you they have interest give them a call and say "You indicated that you might be interested in giving PC a try. Can we talk a bit about that interest?" and go from whatever they say.

pamperedlinda said:

I agree totally!!!!!! That seems so much better! 1 Senior Consultant still promotes recruiting, but doesn't penalize the director when an indirect recruit doesn't submit something!!! That is the ONLY thing that I think needs to be tweaked on the new plan and then I think it would work so much better!!!

The ONLY thing that gets me is how/when the qualifying points are rewarded! Under this new plan, the new consultant CANNOT go one month w/o submitting $150 in sales w/ out their career sales resetting to $0.

I have had SEVERAL recruits get to $1,000 in sales, then don't submit anything the next month...then it all resets to $0 and we don't get the trip points until they hit $1250 w/o going inactive.

I WISH they would have kept it that we'd get trip points when they reached $1250 in total career sales and not this whole resetting factor when they miss 1 month. THAT really, really is IRRITATING to me.

Like others have said, and I also feel the same, that this business is YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY and it's not about ME it's about helping my recruits hit their goals and dreams. I can handle going up and down b/t TL and D b/c it is what it is. The trip points awarding is what kills me. It's not the fault of my team members at all! It's just so frustrating when you are working so hard to earn a trip and they have the recruiting requirements but yet getting those recruits to qualify w/o them missing 1 month is more difficult.

Liquid Sky said:
The ONLY thing that gets me is how/when the qualifying points are rewarded! Under this new plan, the new consultant CANNOT go one month w/o submitting $150 in sales w/ out their career sales resetting to $0.

I have had SEVERAL recruits get to $1,000 in sales, then don't submit anything the next month...then it all resets to $0 and we don't get the trip points until they hit $1250 w/o going inactive.

I WISH they would have kept it that we'd get trip points when they reached $1250 in total career sales and not this whole resetting factor when they miss 1 month. THAT really, really is IRRITATING to me.

Like others have said, and I also feel the same, that this business is YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY and it's not about ME it's about helping my recruits hit their goals and dreams. I can handle going up and down b/t TL and D b/c it is what it is. The trip points awarding is what kills me. It's not the fault of my team members at all! It's just so frustrating when you are working so hard to earn a trip and they have the recruiting requirements but yet getting those recruits to qualify w/o them missing 1 month is more difficult.

Career sales aren't lost until 2 months without submitting $150 in sales, not 1. And before, if they went inactive (2 months, no activity), they lost career sales & started over for trip points.

When I first started I just wanted to work my business for me, getting familiar with the whole selling thing. I even told my Director I was not interested in recruiting but then I attended Conference in 2009, and everything changed at that moment and it made me see what I could do and YES I am taking my family to Disney this year WAHOO!!!! All of that in 1 year, I am a Team Leader and now I am trying to get to Director status. I really enjoy my Pampered Chef business. I have met so many nice guests/hosts and some have become good friends..... So I think if you have people on your Team who are not really motivated I sugggest Conference because their whole way of thinking will change, without the pushing and pressuring from their Directors.

crystalscookingnow said:
Career sales aren't lost until 2 months without submitting $150 in sales, not 1. And before, if they went inactive (2 months, no activity), they lost career sales & started over for trip points.

Wasn't it before that if one sold, say $800, then sold the other $450 4 months later we were awarded trip points? I don't remember them going inactive unless they did nothing for 6 straight months. I might be wrong...:blushing:

Actually, now that I think of it...

If the consultant was inactive for 2 months, they lost career sales & we didn't get points on them at all.

Now, if they are inactive two months in a row, they lose career sales - but if they submit $1250 still during the current year, we will receive points. It's actually better than before because you still have that chance of receiving the points for them.

Plus, with the current plan losing a particular status doesn't mean you lose the people under you.

raebates said:
Plus, with the current plan losing a particular status doesn't mean you lose the people under you.

THAT is what makes me LOVE this new plan!!!!

There are a TON of things better in the new plan. #1 being that as long as we don't go more than 6 months without submitting we NEVER lose our team. That makes it so much easier to regain a title or promote even if life happens to us.

I do also appreciate that even if a new consultant goes 2 months without sales, if he/she then gets going and submits $1250 consecutively we both get our trip points!

Another positive is that new consultants are more likely to be interested in recruiting now because they are immediately rewarded. They get the bonus PC dollars and, more impressive, they get a raise in commission whenever they both submit. In the old plan I had trouble getting people interested at all because they didn't see any reward in it if they didn't have the second recruit in mind.

We do tend to go off on the negatives but need to refocus on what's good!

<h2>1. What is the new Pampered Chef career plan and how is it different from the previous one?</h2><p>The new Pampered Chef career plan was introduced in January 2020 and it is a more demanding plan compared to the previous one. It focuses on recruiting and building a strong team, rather than just individual sales.</p><h2>2. How does the new career plan affect directors and their teams?</h2><p>The new career plan can be challenging for directors, especially for those who have a smaller team or struggle with recruiting. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to meet the recruitment and sales goals set by the company.</p><h2>3. What are the consequences for not meeting the goals set by the new career plan?</h2><p>If a director or their team members do not meet the recruitment and sales goals, their pay may be significantly affected. This can be frustrating for directors who put in the same amount of work but do not see the same results due to their team's performance.</p><h2>4. Is there any flexibility in the new career plan for directors and their teams?</h2><p>While the new career plan may seem strict, there is still some flexibility for directors and their teams. Pampered Chef encourages directors to find their own style of recruiting and to work with their team members to find what works best for them. The company also offers training and resources to help directors and their teams succeed.</p><h2>5. Will there be any changes or tweaks made to the new career plan in the future?</h2><p>Pampered Chef is always looking for ways to improve and make their career plan more effective for directors and their teams. They often make updates and changes at their Spring Launch meetings, so it is possible that there may be some adjustments to the plan in the future. It is important for directors to provide feedback and communicate their concerns to the company so they can continue to improve the plan.</p>

1. What is the new Pampered Chef career plan and how is it different from the previous one?

The new Pampered Chef career plan was introduced in January 2020 and it is a more demanding plan compared to the previous one. It focuses on recruiting and building a strong team, rather than just individual sales.

2. How does the new career plan affect directors and their teams?

The new career plan can be challenging for directors, especially for those who have a smaller team or struggle with recruiting. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication to meet the recruitment and sales goals set by the company.

3. What are the consequences for not meeting the goals set by the new career plan?

If a director or their team members do not meet the recruitment and sales goals, their pay may be significantly affected. This can be frustrating for directors who put in the same amount of work but do not see the same results due to their team's performance.

4. Is there any flexibility in the new career plan for directors and their teams?

While the new career plan may seem strict, there is still some flexibility for directors and their teams. Pampered Chef encourages directors to find their own style of recruiting and to work with their team members to find what works best for them. The company also offers training and resources to help directors and their teams succeed.

5. Will there be any changes or tweaks made to the new career plan in the future?

Pampered Chef is always looking for ways to improve and make their career plan more effective for directors and their teams. They often make updates and changes at their Spring Launch meetings, so it is possible that there may be some adjustments to the plan in the future. It is important for directors to provide feedback and communicate their concerns to the company so they can continue to improve the plan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Niki Kate