• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Should a Future Director Do?

F
friday
I LOVE the Perfect Director thread. And I didn't want to hijack it. I want to know how much you think the perfect Future Director should do?

Work with your director to develop leadership skills.

Keep in close contact with your recruits and help them as much as you can (they should see YOU as their leader).

Hold 6-8 shows per month and have at least $1250 in sales - lead by example.

Attend your cluster meetings and offer to lead some area of it each month.

Beth is right on. As a Future Director, I want to make sure I am being supportive of my recruits and keeping in contact with them. Finding a time each time I touch base with them is helpful. My goal was 8 shows a week, following the 3-2-1, but I scheduled more to balance out any low $$$ shows. Definitely I need to hold my own with sales, and not rely on the the others for $$$. Lead some areas of the cluster meetings- yes!!!

I might be joining the realm of future directors soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me! I might sign my host from last night!

Good Luck Ellen, my fingers are crossed for you!!

lockhartkitchen said:
My goal was 8 shows a week, following the 3-2-1, but I scheduled more to balance out any low $$$ shows. Definitely I need to hold my own with sales, and not rely on the the others for $$$.

Lead some areas of the cluster meetings- yes!!!

Just curious...8 shows a week? And, it is an awesome goal to hit the $4000 yourself before you become director.

Oops. Ha Ha Kate. You don't do 8 shows a week? Neither do I. I meant 8 shows a month. Must have submitted this one late. I'm not close to director yet, but to feel comfortable, I would like 8 strong before I accept directorship. These next few months will be interesting. I've never had such a full schedule. I implemented 3-2-1 and it works! I have 3 and 4 shows a week in September, with 10 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows. October 10 cooking shows. I work full-time too as a teacher. I have a lot of support from my husband, cooking, doing laundry, etc. because I'm going to need it.

I have decided to offer New Consultant training for my team. My director is and hour away for me & further for my new team. It is just more convenient to do them at my house. I plan to be director before the end of the year so it is also practice for me with cluster meetings. I feel confident enough to help them so I am.

I am keeping in touch with them & answering any questions. However, it is their business & I am not going to hold their hand.

1. How much involvement should a future director have in day-to-day operations?

This is a common question and the answer will vary depending on the specific industry and organization. However, in general, it is important for a future director to have a good understanding of the day-to-day operations in order to make informed decisions and provide effective leadership. This may include regular check-ins with department heads, reviewing progress reports, and being available for consultation when needed.

2. Should a future director be involved in setting long-term goals and strategies?

Yes, a future director should definitely be involved in setting long-term goals and strategies. As a leader, they should have a clear vision for the future of the organization and be able to effectively communicate and execute this vision. This may involve working closely with the executive team and other stakeholders to develop a strategic plan and ensure that it aligns with the overall mission and values of the organization.

3. How much should a future director be involved in the hiring and firing process?

The involvement of a future director in the hiring and firing process may vary depending on the size and structure of the organization. However, ultimately, they should have a say in the final decision, especially for key positions and senior leadership roles. They should also be involved in setting policies and procedures for hiring and firing to ensure that the organization is attracting and retaining top talent.

4. Is it important for a future director to be involved in financial management?

Yes, it is important for a future director to have a good understanding of financial management. This includes budgeting, financial planning, and monitoring the organization's financial performance. A future director should also work closely with the financial team and have a say in major financial decisions to ensure the long-term sustainability and success of the organization.

5. How involved should a future director be in promoting the organization and building relationships with stakeholders?

A future director should be highly involved in promoting the organization and building relationships with stakeholders. This may include attending networking events, speaking at conferences, and engaging with stakeholders on social media. By actively promoting the organization and building relationships, a future director can help increase visibility and attract potential investors, partners, and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chee65
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • OhmyDLM