• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How do you recognize re-promotions in your business?

In summary, we usually make a huge deal out of it - balloons, red apron, gift, etc...but I'm thinking this time we'll just do an announcement / congratulations at the meeting.
PamperedK
Silver Member
What do you all do to recognize re-promotions? I have someone that promoted last March, lost her title August 1 and is now re-promoting either October or November 1.

I just send an e-mail congratulating them on their re-promotion. I'm not geographically close to any of the team members, so I can't do meetings ... but I'd probably recognize first time promotions at the meetings & then re-promotions too.

It would depend how long it was between promotion and re-promotion. If it was a year or more I'd do a bigger deal than if it was just a couple months and I don't think she'd want a big deal either but I could be wrong.We have several here who have re-promoted. What do you guys think?

It was several years before I repromoted :blushing: I did not want my D to do anything but she did anyway. I wasn't too upset b/c recognizing promotions is a good way to go over the benefits of higher levels and hopefully inspire people. I'll probably drop in and out of directorship now so think it would be better to ignore any future repromotions unless it's a year gap. Then again, maybe it's not embarrassing to show that people can go in and out of directorship. I just don't think anyone likes to be noticed for demoting, in PC or anywhere else, so a recognizing a repromote 3 months later just points out the "failing" a few months earlier.

That's sort of what I was thinking. I don't think she'd be too excited about being recognized. She's been really open about losing her title, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a big deal being made if it were me. Just wanted to see if you guys had other thoughts.

I didn't realize you were talking about Director level, I assumed SC or TL level. Yes I'd send an e-mail to the entire team congratulating them on making a Director team again! If you can do it at a meeting, I'd congratulate them all there too.

Sheila said:
I didn't realize you were talking about Director level, I assumed SC or TL level. Yes I'd send an e-mail to the entire team congratulating them on making a Director team again! If you can do it at a meeting, I'd congratulate them all there too.

That's what I was thinking......but the reason she's repromoting is she's recruited all new people...so they don't know any different or even know what it means to be a Director team at this point.

We usually make a huge deal out of it - balloons, red apron, gift, etc...but I'm thinking this time we'll just do an announcement / congratulations at the meeting.

Does that make sense?

I'd definitely recognize her & the new team. I wouldn't do as much as you do on first time promotions (that could get expensive if they go in & out of Directorship a lot). But I do think it's important to show her team what it took for her to get there & what being a Director is all about. Maybe a Director Pile On where you load her up with all the stuff that a Director gets. She can bring her red apron & you can hand it to her again with fake paychecks for the Team Overrides, the activity bonuses, etc. If you have all the new products, pile those on her too to show how Directors can earn it all. When the newbies see all that, it may make them strive to get there too. ;)

ETA: It also helps to show them that their activity helps her maintain her title each month. ;)

From my point of view, ask her first - don't assume. Case in point: I specifically asked my Director and Uplines to NOT recognize me b/c honestly, I'm quite ashamed of not holding onto my title and I really didn't want others flaunting my failures even if it does mean another accomplishment for gaining it back. My upline still made a comment about it at a team meeting and I was told to "get over yourself and get over it. Its an accomplishment and you should be recognized." Well I WON'T get over it and I WON'T get over myself b/c I do not want others knowing my business.

So.......... you may have someone like me who is extremely embarassed/ashamed of the whole thing who does not want the "Rah rah" and acknowledgement even for the good b/c there had to be the "Demotion" before the "re-promotion." Find out from her what her desires are and go from there as to not upset or offend.

Just my .02.

(((hugs))) Melissa! I agree that if you asked them to NOT recognize you they should have listened & not been so abrasive about it. :(

Yes it was even pointed out on a conference call at a different time, "Melissa do you have any good news to share?" and when I said, "No. Not really" it was brought up again as she said "Ok folks what she is failing to share with all of us is...blahblahblah". I get the idea that to others, it is a positive thing but to me it was not and I did not want any form of recognition. I'm quite happy being a wallflower and when I am ready or wanting recognition, I let those who matter to me know.

I may be a total weirdo but you never know if there are others out there who feel the same way so before recognizing something like a repromotion - I do think everyone should be on the same page.

Thanks Sheila!

I totally get it Melissa! I have just lost my directorship for the 2nd time in 4 years. My personal team knows this, but the rest of the people who attend our meetings do not (I do my meetings with my D (who is an NED) and another D). I really don't want to become known as the one who can't hold on to her title....and it might make the ones who are trying to promote think that it's something that's too hard to maintain and they might just give-up trying to promote.

pamperedlinda said:
I totally get it Melissa! I have just lost my directorship for the 2nd time in 4 years. My personal team knows this, but the rest of the people who attend our meetings do not (I do my meetings with my D (who is an NED) and another D). I really don't want to become known as the one who can't hold on to her title....and it might make the ones who are trying to promote think that it's something that's too hard to maintain and they might just give-up trying to promote.

This and Melissa's comments are exactly what I was thinking. If I lost my title I would not want it pointed out that I didn't maintain it. And if I had a director that spent money on people who promote I wouldn't want her to do it a second time. I have a consultant who is in and out of TL sometimes losing it for several months. I still call her a TL when talking about her. She lives in another state so most of the team never sees her and I want her team to see her as a leader - she always has at least two or three on the list so of they had the sales she would get the benefits. My SC's are SC's whether they made it this month or not. I don't usually talk about it really but I have never said "Danielle is a SC this month". I don't have a director yet but I believe in referring to all who help at our meetings and perform in a leadership roll as a "leader" so whatever the title they would not lose that roll. Of course, the first time anyone promotes I do special things...

pamperedlinda said:

That was exactly it for me! Some close to me knew but I did not need my entire upline family knowing. When she announced it all I heard was "She was demoted" not "She has promoted". There were some on my personal team that did not even know b/c its not something I need to share with them. Most can figure it out when my D sends out her weekly email and separates by teams but when I was demoted I was lumped in with everyone else but that would mean people actually read emails. :confused:

Also - the HO does not re-list your name online when you re-promote. Only first time promotions. THANK GOD! (Sorry if that offends anyone, I was PRAYING it wouldn't show up.)

Thanks for the input everyone! I went for a bit without telling anyone, as we have a Director team "roster" at our meetings with pictures of all the Directors (my upline and myself do our meetings together). I kept her picture up there because I knew she'd repromote....well she came in and took it down one day because she was embarrassed when people would refer to her as a Director and for one reason or another she'd have to tell them she wasn't. I asked her last night and she said she didn't care....but I know she also doesn't want to stir the pot. I will probably just put her picture back up....that's recognition in and of itself and when people say that they'll acknowledge and congratulate her for it. Then I may do what Sheila said and send an email just to her team congratulating them on qualifying as a Director Team so they know they ALL contribute and it's a team effort.

1. What is a repromotion?

A repromotion is when an employee is promoted to a higher position within the same company or organization.

2. How do I know if I am being considered for a repromotion?

If you are being considered for a repromotion, your supervisor or HR department will typically inform you about the opportunity and the steps you need to take to apply for the position.

3. Can I request a repromotion?

Yes, you can request a repromotion if you feel that you have the qualifications and experience necessary for a higher position within your company. It is best to discuss this with your supervisor or HR department to understand the process and requirements.

4. How long does it take for a repromotion to be approved?

The time it takes for a repromotion to be approved can vary depending on the company and the availability of the position. It is best to discuss this with your supervisor or HR department for a more accurate timeline.

5. Are there any factors that can prevent me from being repromoted?

There can be various factors that may prevent you from being repromoted, such as not meeting the qualifications or experience required for the position, a lack of availability for the position, or other internal company policies. It is best to discuss this with your supervisor or HR department for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JulieHaak
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
KCPChef
  • flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jkinak