• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Technical Problems With pp

In summary, the conversation revolved around the issue of not being able to add or edit orders on a computer that was acting up. The suggestion was made to back up data and call tech support to possibly reinstall the program. It was also mentioned that there is a new version of the program, PP3, and instructions were given on how to switch to it. The conversation also touched on the possibility of a pop-up or background prompt causing the issue and the importance of backing up data in case of a crash. The conversation ended with the suggestion to delete and reinstall the program if necessary.
2crazyboys
I have a show that I need to submit today and my computer is acting up. For some reason I can open up my show but I cannot add an order or edit an individual order. I click on a name and it just kind of times out and doesn't do anything. My computer has been acting up today as well so that could be causing problems. I've tried restarting my computer but I cannot get it to work.

I just realized that I did just install an update. Could that cause problems?

Can you install the update now?

I tried reinstalling the update but I still can't get it to work. I don't know what else to do. I can't even open my existing orders to see what they are. If I click on add an order it will add an unnamed order to my list but not let me edit it.

When is the last time you backed up your data? I suggest calling tech support....you may have to reinstall the program...

It will let me run a backup now. I can do everything except open individual orders. I can even start to balance my show to submit it but I don't have the hosts order in yet. It is the weirdest thing. I just can't figure it out.

I would back it up, then call tech support. If you are using the old PP, mine was screwing up so bad that I decided to switch to PP3 that night to get my show submitted.... Good luck!

Mine says Pampered Partner version 16.2.1. Is that the old one? How do I switch to the new one? I thought I had switched a while ago but now I'm not sure what I did.

You are using the old one. You can switch over to the new one, but it is very different, and once you do switch (and submit a show), you can't go back.First, make sure that you back up your data from your current version!! (to a cd, flash drive, and also maybe your "My Documents" ...to make it easy to find when you switch to PP3)To install PP3, you want to put the PPPlus disk that came with your S/S changeover kit in to the computer....cancel the auto-prompt that comes on the screen.Go to My Computer and right click on the CD drive. Go to explore. There should be an icon on there that says PPlus I believe. Double click on that and it will run you through the instructions and install. Remember that you can only import the data from 16 one time.... And then once you are in PP3, and you want to backup the files, it is a different file format than 16.0's backup files.

I am so nervous about loosing something. I was a real idiot at my last show and forgot my order forms so I just entered everything into the computer. I can't open up the orders to copy them down anymore because my program is acting up. I'm hoping that if I back it up it will get everything.Do you like the new program better?

I do like it, but I am very computer savvy, maybe a nerd! haha... so I adjust easily to these changes.What are you currently backing up to? To really know, like I said, change the drive letter and all and backup to your "My documents." Now, go to your My Documents folder and make sure there is the new file there.Also, you can run both simultaneously. I am just saying to make sure to backup ASAP in case it does crash!

The latest update I got was asking me question about the host being bi-lingual. Could there be a box or pop-up in the background it wants you to answer???

I backed it up in several places. I can not find that disk anywhere though. I have a Pampered Partner fall 2006 disk and a printable materials CD. I don't remember ever seeing something that said P3. I swear I'm loosing my mind lately. I'm usually more organized than this.I can usually figure out programs. It's getting my computer to actually work that I have problems with. Is there anywhere to download P3 online?I guess I could delete the program I have in now and reinstall it and hope that that works.

2crazyboys said:
I backed it up in several places. I can not find that disk anywhere though. I have a Pampered Partner fall 2006 disk and a printable materials CD. I don't remember ever seeing something that said P3. I swear I'm loosing my mind lately. I'm usually more organized than this.

I can usually figure out programs. It's getting my computer to actually work that I have problems with. Is there anywhere to download P3 online?

I guess I could delete the program I have in now and reinstall it and hope that that works.

I think that the disk said PPPlus (it is the same thing, different name as PP3) You can not install it online though :( ...do you have a nearby consultant that you could ask to borrow theirs? You can reinstall the program and restore form a backup and see how that goes...

Kathy I got that pop up too. I don't see any other pop ups. I've never had a problem with this before but I just cannot make it work. Everything else in the program will work but I can not open individual orders. I'll go through my stuff some more and see if I can find it. We're in the middle of moving so I have stuff everywhere. I'll try reinstalling the program that I have. Thanks for the input you guys! I have run out of ideas.

Did you put the program in the handy little pockets in the back of the new business binder? If they are there, then you can't lose them!!

Okay. My husband installed the old program on our desktop and got it working in there. All of my information is there so it looks like I can just submit my show that way. I think something is really messed up on my laptop that is unrelated to the program.

Thank you for all your help. I don't have it working on my laptop but at least I have it working somewhere.

No but I should have. My shipment got messed up and they didn't send me that binder until last week. I'm wondering if the CD was missing from my shipment just like half of the rest of the stuff was.

You may want to ask them to send you another copy!

Related to Help! Technical Problems With pp

1. What should I do if I am experiencing technical difficulties with Pampered Chef's website?

First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then refreshing the page. If that does not solve the issue, please try accessing the website using a different browser. If the problem persists, you can reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

2. I am having trouble placing an order online. What could be causing this issue?

There could be several reasons for this problem. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection and that you are using a supported browser. Also, check if the items you are trying to order are in stock. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our customer service team.

3. How can I fix an error message that says "Payment Declined" when trying to process my order?

This error can occur if there is an issue with your payment method, such as insufficient funds or an expired card. Double-check your payment information and make sure it is correct. If the problem persists, please contact your bank or credit card company for further assistance.

4. I am unable to log into my Pampered Chef account. What should I do?

Make sure you are entering the correct email address and password associated with your account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. If you are still having trouble, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. I am trying to redeem a gift card, but it is not working. What could be the issue?

First, double-check the gift card number and PIN you are entering to make sure they are correct. If the card is still not working, it could be expired or have a zero balance. If you believe there is an error, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dianevill