• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Pampered Partner Plus

you must reboot your computer and then go to your "MY COMPUTER" icon, and open it up. Then go to your CD rom drive and right click. Once it is open you will the Pampered Partner Plus Software executable. You can then open it up and it should install for you.~By the way, I really like it. It is pretty and more professional. Asks you for your ID and has the logo on there. Looks much nicer. I am all ready for a supply order, but Carolyn said not to sumbit anything yet...so I am waiting. She said to keep using PP to submit anything.I really really like P3. For those of you that hate change..just keep
Thanks, Doreen. I did find that. I also found where the wish lists are and a few other things I thought were missing. I know I am going to enjoy using it. Like everything else it just takes time to get used to new things and where they are. I like the guided tour--it gave a good idea of things.

Harriet I guess we are going to have to figure stuff out all together here . When I called Tec Support he said they where sorry that they didn't give any instuctions , he said it a few times. . He did say that if you submit somthing you can go back all you have to do is manually put the show back into reg pp tnen you can continue to use pp . They did not have a date yet but soon we all will be on PP3 ,, I won't take long to get use to its just finding everythig cause there seems to be so much . But I do like it alot

Doreen you are so right! Oh good. The show I am getting ready to submit is on both PP and PP3--I did it on PP and then decided to put it on PP3 to see how I would like using PP3 and I do like it very much. I didn't have any problems and so I think I am going to take the plunge and submit it on PP3. I back up both programs so I know I won't lose anything.

Don't hesitate to ask me for help. If I can help you I will and if I don't know I will tell you that. I think most of you know I am not one that "knows it all".

I find the program fairly easy to adjust to.

Wish me luck while I submit!

Go for it ... I will probable be following you
And thanks , I may take you up on help cause I am not computer wiz at all .

I like how all of the reports are PDF and you can save them on your computer if you want to. The presentation is much better. I also like how they don't round up on the receipts and on the monthly sales reports. Nothing worse than having to tell someone that the computer rounded it up and having to look up the exact amount.

OK OK OK - so I finally broke down tonight and installed it.
At first it looked like 16...but after reading thru Jilleysue/Kevin's posts, I tried going thru My Computer...no luck. Then I found Gill's post about clicking "explore" - so I did that. Now it is updating and importing. Me? I am panicking. I don't like change.
And Jill - where the &^%#(& are you !??!!?!?!?

Carolyn--you'll be fine! The only big thing you may miss is Cluster Management seeing that you are a director and they don't have that on PP3 yet. I am getting ready to submit a show from there!

What the heck are we suipposed to do w/o cluster mgmt? I hate using web reports - they only work for me half the time.

dannyzmom said:
What the heck are we suipposed to do w/o cluster mgmt? I hate using web reports - they only work for me half the time.

They said to keep using PP until they get it added! :eek:

Hey, Rebecca--did you submit on PP3 yet?

GOOD GIRL CAROLYN..I am right here. Thank god for us. WE are the instructions. Man..where was HO. P3 with no instructions. They are gona have a hell of a mess with all these other consultants trying to figure out how to download this who aren't on here...WOW.

What is Cluster Management..Something for Directors I assume?????

It's a good thing some of us have used computers and software and have an idea on where to go to look for things! I truly cannot believe they sent it out without instructions,etc.

BTW, Cluster Management is for Directors--not us commoners!

HAHAHAHA..Well I don't miss what I never had so I am good. Carolyn you'll be ok. I promise. You cleaned your desk and everything worked out....LOL
By the way..you haven't mentioned..are you still clean???

I am very curious if anything is put in tomorrow's weekly bites about this.

OH yes ...for sure. They have to. I am glad we knew how to keep everyone informed. I just knew I had to do a thread and start with instructions...LOL

So many mixed messages from people who have talked to tech support. I really think that if they didn't want us to use it we would have gotten an e-mail blast stating not to. I can't find a reason not to use it. I figured it out and entered a show. I just need a push to submit!

I'm glad you started this thread. It has helped quite a few people. I even called a few people and walked them it over the phone as they were frustrated.

pamperedharriet said:
Hey, Rebecca--did you submit on PP3 yet?

No, not yet....I'm waiting to submit my supply order until Feb. 1st and I'm supposed to close a show tomorrow night. I'm pretty sure I'll do it on P3 though. Sometimes you just gotta go for it!:)

That's right--you said you were closing it tomorrow night. I am going to do it right now and let you know how it goes. She brought me cash so I can easily hit the bank in the morning to make my deposit.

Woo Hoo! You go Harriet! Please do tell us how it goes. Maybe we should start a thread for P3...better yet, maybe Greg can start a new area (I don't know what it's called) for P3. That way, when we start using it more, we can help each other with specific issues.

For example, have you found a way to view tasks with the customer's name showing? I know if you hover over a task it shows you, but I don't want to hover over each one to find it!:)

I did it! Very user friendly. It even let me know that one order was missing the guest special that qualified for it! I say go for it tomorrow night! You do need to be online to send which I am anyway. I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet as someone else stated that they did earlier but it did tell me what time it was received in HO.

Way to go! I'll definately have to use it tomorrow night. I LOVE that it gives us all of these reminders....maybe it will cut down on us calling HO for all of our dumb errors! LOL!

I don't have anything in my task area yet. Was going to work on that this week so I am not 100% sure. But if you go to help and click on contents and then task I think I saw something about that earlier when I was flipping through.

I'll have to look in the help section. I used it earlier to find out about past host numbers automatically showing up.

Apprently it does update them automatically...I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden tonight they were there!:confused:

I'll keep you posted if I get anything from HO on it. It does walk you through everything. It makes you check the shipping for each order as to where it is to be shipped (host or direct), reminds you about host using all of the benefits,etc. You should like it!

I noticed that too tonight about the host numbers. I forgot to tell you that when I was finalizing to submit it also updated.

Do you mean it automatically assigned a host number to the show you are just submitting?

I just got my e-mail confirmation from HO..This is what was on the bottom of the e-mail:

You will receive an e-mail confirming shipment of your show when all items have been shipped. If you have questions about this order, please contact [email protected].

Pretty cool. The e-mail even gives you a web reference number!!!!!!!

Very Cool!!!!!!!! :d

It updated the program. I'll have to check about the new host number. I don't think it did that yet, probably too soon.

Did it tell you it was updating?

By the way...what are you still doing up? It's late there! Do you stay up this late every night? :)

No, not yet. I didn't think it would do that. It did earlier update the other numbers that weren't there.

OOOOO Harriet...You stayed up to get that star I see...LOL

No, I don't stay up much later than this. I was too involved. Now I need to back up PP3 so I don't have to worry about losing my work. My DH went to bed 3/4 hour ago and I told him I'd be in shortly--oh well. Have a good night and I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Thanks for your support!

Yes and no Jill. I got that show submitted too!

Good night Harriet! I'm proud of you!

Congrats Harriet. Great JOB!!!

You helped me and so did my DH... :)

Jilleysue said:
Ohhhh OK SO YOU GOT IT...Isn't it great. Did I help you? or u just figured it out???

I had way to much fun last night... playing around with it....it drove my hubby nuts..... he thought I was doing homework until he firgured out taht I was spending money on his credit card... LOL not really I was jsut playing around tying to firgure out to enter orders on the PP3...

Leah

tlmcunning said:
Is anyone else having a problem getting the PP3 to run. I got it to install and then after I enter my id# and password I verify who I am and then it goes to update. After a few minutes I get an error telling me that the application update could not update successfully. I appear to have stumped the tech support guys. I was on the phone with them for 2 hours this morning and they couldn't figure it out.

Tracy

That's the problem I'm having. I'm going to call tech support this morning.
Bleah.

I don't have time to go through all the post here to find out if this was already posted so if so sorry but this is an e-mail that I got from my director yesterday evening

Hello Beta Testers,

We've been receiving many calls on the install of P3. Attached are the instructions that will be posted on the web under Consultant's Corner. Feel free to share these with anyone. Remember…P3 will automatically install for NEW consultants. Existing consultants must manually run the install.

We're also getting many questions for installing, playing with P3, and then importing from PP later. Here's the scoop for that:

There is only one chance for importing data from PP to P3 and that is during the install.
For consultants that wish to review P3 before permanently switching over I suggest the following:
Continue using the existing PP for all shows & non-comm submission, contact updates, etc.
Install P3, importing the PP data. Use P3 for playing around (open shows or non-comm, work with contacts, etc). DO NOT submit shows/non-comm with P3.
Once they decide to switch to P3, uninstall and reinstall P3. This will remove all that test data and give them the opportunity to import their PP data. At this point, they will no longer use the old PP, except for Cluster Management.
I also suggest that the old PP always be current by updating from CD or download, just in case there are any Cluster Management changes.

Please inspect the CD carefully. If the CD appears bent or damaged, DO NOT insert it into the CD drive. Contact the Solution Center to obtain a new CD, or e-mail Technical Support at [email protected]

Installation instructions for PamperedPartner® Plus:

New Consultants:

1. Close all running applications before you begin.

2. Insert the CD in your drive.

3. The installation should begin automatically. Follow the on-screen steps. If it does not begin automatically, go to Step 4.

4. Select the <Start> button, then select <Run>.

5. Type D:\Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe (where D represents your CD-ROM drive) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps.

Existing Consultants:

3. The installation for PamperedPartner® will start automatically. Click <Cancel>.

5. Type D:\Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe (where D represents your CD-ROM drive) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps.

Installation instructions for PamperedPartner®:

Existing Consultants only:

3. The installation selection should begin automatically. Follow the on-screen steps. If it does not begin automatically, go to Step 4.

5. Type D:\install.exe (depending on which drive you use) and press <Enter>. Follow the on-screen steps.

P3 is on the new disk. Put the disk in and click on your Start menu. Choose Run and then browse. Click on you cd ROM and open. Choose Set Up Pampered Partner Plus. It will lead you through the simple installation and import all of your information. I did this with no problem. All of my info is still in my current PP as well. I can use both systems.

__._,_.___ of Use | Unsubscribe
Recent Activity

New Members

Visit Your Group

SPONSORED LINKS

Pampered chef
The pampered chef
Work at home business opportunity
Work from home business opportunity
Work at home business opportunity mlm
Travel Deals

~

chefann said:
That's the problem I'm having. I'm going to call tech support this morning.
Bleah.

I finally got it to work after a second call to tech support. They had to send me a link with a PP3 update and we added the program to my computer that way and now it works fine. The gentleman I talked with said that they were having alot of problems like this.

Tracy

Rebecca, it did say it was updating before it sent the show. I am very happy with how it worked for me last night submitting the show.

Thanks Rebecca and Jill--I was proud of myself too!

I don't use cluster management as I am not a director so I am going to stick with PP3. Everything transferred/imported fine.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I had way to much fun last night... playing around with it....it drove my hubby nuts..... he thought I was doing homework until he firgured out taht I was spending money on his credit card... LOL not really I was jsut playing around tying to firgure out to enter orders on the PP3...

Leah

It was lots of fun for me too. So much that I learned it and submitted a show I was closing out last night.

Are today's tasks supposed to pop up when I open P3? I always thought they would pop up, but they don't. Did I do something wrong??

Are today's tasks supposed to pop up when I open P3? I always thought they would pop up, but they don't. Did I do something wrong??

They should have shown up. I don't have anything in my task folder right now but will have to start using it again soon.

I don't know what to tell you Gillian.

I see them in my task section, but isn't there supposed to be a pop up when I log in that says "Today's tasks" or something similar?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dianevill