• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Pampered Partner Plus

you must reboot your computer and then go to your "MY COMPUTER" icon, and open it up. Then go to your CD rom drive and right click. Once it is open you will the Pampered Partner Plus Software executable. You can then open it up and it should install for you.~By the way, I really like it. It is pretty and more professional. Asks you for your ID and has the logo on there. Looks much nicer. I am all ready for a supply order, but Carolyn said not to sumbit anything yet...so I am waiting. She said to keep using PP to submit anything.I really really like P3. For those of you that hate change..just keep
tlmcunning said:
I finally got it to work after a second call to tech support. They had to send me a link with a PP3 update and we added the program to my computer that way and now it works fine. The gentleman I talked with said that they were having alot of problems like this.

Tracy

hmmm.... the tech person I spoke to yesterday said it was an issue with the server they have for updates and they were going to try to have it fixed by noon (yesterday). It still didn't update when I tried later in the afternoon. Do you happen to have the link that you can email me? I don't particularly feel like spending the evening on the phone with tech support, when I have CCC to make. My email is [email protected]. THANKS!

rebeccastt said:
Yes! I did get the confirmation email right away (which is GREAT!) and I'm waiting for it to get shipped out so I can get the next email. So far...it is MUCH better than PP, AND when they start updating it with better features, it will be fantastic! What it is lacking now it makes up for in other areas!:)

I'm with you on that!:)

pamperedharriet said:
I'm almost where you are in career sales.

Hopefully me and you both will SOON get a raise. My goal is to earn the raise by Feb 28th.

jrstephens said:
Hopefully me and you both will SOON get a raise. My goal is to earn the raise by Feb 28th.
Good luck!:)

I am only at $11,000 after 2.5 years! I am hoping to step it up and get my raise soon!!

You'll get there Gillian! I should $15,000 around springtime.

Thanks Harriet, I lost my sales a few times due to going inactive...

Good Luck to both Gillian and Harriett!

Thanks Jen, you too!

Thanks, Jen--you too! I am sure you'll get it before me!

Wow do I ever feel stupid....I can't get it to install. I've done everything you guys said, I tried to type D:\Pamperedpartnerplussetup.exe into Run, but it said it's not found. ??

Okay I don't want to call tech support but sick of laying on the coach. I am trying to install PP3 & I am stuck!It wants me to set up proxy settings, I don't know what this is! so any lovely people who want to help thanks!

Confused in VA:confused: Is PP3 going to be a mandatory program eventually? I have been trying to play around with it but it seems like it takes forever and i have DSL! I am also confused because I have not been asked for my consultant ID and password, it just boots right up.

For my show in February should I stick with PP or try it in the new PP3?

If your confused, stick with PP until you feel ready and comfortable with P3. They'll be adding more updates as we go along that should make it easier to work with. I have been using P3 to submit my shows and really like it, but I can see how some people have trouble with it. There's no rush.

pamperedalf said:
Okay I don't want to call tech support but sick of laying on the coach. I am trying to install PP3 & I am stuck!

It wants me to set up proxy settings, I don't know what this is! so any lovely people who want to help thanks!
Amanda, if you're going through the initial set-up screens, just click "Done" (or finished, or whatever it is) after you enter your password. I didn't set any of the proxy stuff up - skipped it by finishing - and it works fine.

I am not having a problem with P3 and I am on DSL, Jason.

You can download a FAQ under consultant's corner on P3. It might answer some of your questions. The tour guide on P3 is great too!

Me either!

I am ticked!Sort of! I have one laptop and one PC. I loaded P3 to the laptop without a hitch. Love it! It is so organized and I love all the stuff you can see at one time. But I can't get the P3 to work on my PC. (Yes, it is a work PC and I have my bosses OK.)
I keep getting the Proxy Setup Screen as well. You mentioned being able to hit the finish button to by pass it. Mine won't let me. I have a choice of Next" or Cancel" only. Tech support has been no help thus far. They have had me run traces and pings and what not as wella s firewall checking and a bunch of other things. Our network guy can't see anything that should interfere with it connecting. However, I did get an e-mail from Anthony and apparently he is a biggy in the tech department, stating it won't ever work. So, if you are trying to install on a work computer with a firewall and all sorts of other stuff, you may never be able too.
So to the other person getting this proxy set up screen, did you get to hit the finish button to bypass your Proxy set up screen?
It wouldn't bother me so much but I do about 50% of my business right in this office. I don't want to have to carry my laptop here too! But if I must, I must.
Thanks for all the posting as it has made install and exploring the new P3 muchg easier.
Oh yaeh! One thing that threw me was that the reports I did find, look like they are all in Adobe .pdf format. I like this as I can save the .pdf file outside of P3 if I want to or even e-mail the receipts in a .pdf file to a host and they could print those as temporaries, especially if I can't get them the real ones fast enough!

I have the new Vista program that was doing the same thing as yours.

The supervisor fromTech support emailed me a download to fix it. Unfortunately, I have to do it everytime I want to get into P3. It's easy enough. I just open the email, click on download and follow the prompts.

It's a pain to do everytime, but near as big of a pain it would be to not have a program. I figured I would give it a few days to see if they have an updated one.

I haven't called back because my ears and shoulders still hurt from the hours of phone-time dealing with getting this installed.

Now if they could only get my printer to work with the Vista program...

pamperedalf said:
Okay I don't want to call tech support but sick of laying on the coach. I am trying to install PP3 & I am stuck!It wants me to set up proxy settings, I don't know what this is! so any lovely people who want to help thanks!
I had the same problem, I had a program that was running that was keeping it from working right. so what the tech guy did was have me do was uninstall pp+, go to Start, run, msconfig, then go into the startup menu and uncheck everything (or turn everything off). then restart the computer, and then reinstall pp3+.. Make sure the windows and antivirus firewalls are turned off.. I had a ton of stuff that was starting on startup, and was taking forever, I still currently have everything cut off until I can get with my comp guy, who can tell me what i need, and do not need. hth

Ann it won't let me finish.....
chefann

Amanda, if you're going through the initial set-up screens, just click "Done" (or finished, or whatever it is) after you enter your password. I didn't set any of the proxy stuff up - skipped it by finishing - and it works fine.
Yesterday 03:49 PM

It won't let me click finish or done just next which takes me to setting the proxy stuff, my husband thinks it might be because of the fire wall. I want to play and I can't!:(

Does anyone know if you can print your monthly calendars on PP3. I know that you can view them, but can you print them?

KimberleePowell said:
Does anyone know if you can print your monthly calendars on PP3. I know that you can view them, but can you print them?

I don't see where you can. Have you checked the start up guide on calendar? It may state whether or not you can. I haven't checked that part out yet. Sorry.

KimberleePowell said:

I just checked this out on PP3 and can't find anywhere about being able to print the calendar:( . Maybe you should call the solution center and ask them and report back to us.

Well after 50 mins on the phone w/ a great tech guy (Brandon) I have PP3 up and running. It turns out it was the firewall, but we had to do a whole bunch of stuff. Thank God I finially got it going. Thanks to all for your help!

pamperedalf said:
Well after 50 mins on the phone w/ a great tech guy (Brandon) I have PP3 up and running. It turns out it was the firewall, but we had to do a whole bunch of stuff. Thank God I finially got it going. Thanks to all for your help!
Brandon's the guy who helped me last week. He was awesome! (Which reminds me, I have to send a note to him and copy his supervisor.)

Okay after playing for about an hour, I took the plunge to fully switch over. IMO the PP3 is supper easy and nicely laid out. I am so excited about some of the changes. I hope everyone else likes it as well!!:)

Amanda I love it and am glad you are finally using it. I sent a show in last week and did my supply order and sent it in today. The numbers that HO gives us to enter special items are already updated and in there so you don't have to add new numbers and hope that you put them in right, it updates before you use it if it needs to--so much easier!

pamperedharriet said:
When you go to My Computer and click on it and then click on your CD Rom Drive you will see something about Pampered Partner Plus. It will try to install PP hit cancel and click on the P+ installation icon.

Try it out and let us know if you are still having problems.

Oh, man! I've been sitting here ("doot-do-dooo"). I knew that I didnt install it right. I figured, "eh, I'll just wait until the next cluster meeting" (they are going over it this month).

Thanks for the tip! Got it running.

Is there any reason to keep the older version now that I have upgraded to PP3?

jenifer4000 said:
Is there any reason to keep the older version now that I have upgraded to PP3?

I would keep it for awhile..you may need to reference it for something. I haven't heard anything about deleting it yet.:(

Never hurts...Harriet is right. I mentioned earlier that I was missing several contacts addresses after the install. I also found that some of my income & Expense entries were gone as well.
So I plan on keeping PP on my computer for at least 3 months. Just until I get into all the stuff on P3 and make sure I have everything. I won't use it any more for shows or that as I have already submitted two shows with P3 but for reference purposes, I can not afford to loose customer or expense info so...

Jilleysue
Jilleysue said:
Ohhhh OK SO YOU GOT IT...Isn't it great. Did I help you? or u just figured it out???

Last night I was entering an order and kept getting stuck, but everytime I posted a ? here I ended up figuring out the answers, the longest answer was trying to figure out how to key in past show host for the monthly host special then realized the Hxxxx codes ! DUH ME!!

Liz

slowness.
ChefNic said:
MY HUSBAND (!!!) was so excited he could hardly wait to install PP3... I told him there were changes, honestly he was excited... I got my changeover box about 20 minutes before I had to leave for a show...he always loads my car up ...and I was saying..."PLEASE do that after I leave!!!'' LOL
But it looks the same...i don't see any differences..and he was disappointed...LOL...
I don't know how to get to the new part? It looks the same...
Maybe he didn't reboot the computer?
I'll have to show him this thread when he's home from work.
Thanks!

my desktop died after installing the new updates, then I figured out the memory problem bought new memory but can't get my monitor to work with the desktop so am using my laptop now!!!!

I heard somewhere that P3 needs 512 mb RAM all to itself, I thought I had much more, but only had 512 in my desktop, but I think that's all I have in my laptop and is still fast,

Good Luck.

Liz

Wow 4 Ss :)
gilliandanielle said:
From what I understand it is safe to install (it has kinks, not viruses or anything) and we can play with it, but we aren't supposed to submit until we are sure that we want to switch. You can import your reg PP info into P3, but you can't import P3 info back into PP if you wanted to switch back.

I had fun playing with it and wanted to be familiar with it because new consultants only get P3... and I have 4 super starters!

Bet they all qualify at the same time.

yes
jasonmva said:
But I thoughtI read that the PP# program was also somehow connected to CC so that you could look up past host numbers and stuff if you or they did not have them?

it takes you directly to the old host no lookup :)

Where do you put in the income & Expense under the host?

You can't add it under host/show anymore. You'll add it under the Income/Expenses tab on the left side window and it will ask for a show number to attach to it.

Thanks Rebecca! I was going crazy looking under the host!;)

It will come easier the more you use it. I think the starter guide is very helpful!

Yes, it is very helpful!!

You're welcome Colleen! We can all use help with P3!

Ok, early on I picked up somewhere that PP3 can be linked to your personal website... anyone figure out if thats true? or how that works?

Cookingfool said:
Ok, early on I picked up somewhere that PP3 can be linked to your personal website... anyone figure out if thats true? or how that works?

I haven't heard that.:confused:

How long does application updates take?Mine has been updating for a while.
Charlene

cbord said:
Mine has been updating for a while.
Charlene
Charlene:

Is this your first update? The first one is the longest. The rest are very quick on my end.

cbord said:
Mine has been updating for a while.
Charlene
If it tries to update and cancels itself with an error message, call tech support. I had that problem, and they directed me to the updater though my internet browser. (They asked that I not share the address, because they're tracking the errors and would like to have an accurate count.)

Mine updated correctly, but won't transmit a show that I need to get in tonight... has anyone been able to continue using 16.0 while having P3 installed? Should I take the leap and go to P3 and then submit the show through that?? (All of the orders are entered in to the show...) Thanks :)

JILL!!!!Thank YOU....so much, here I am thinking I had the new one....LOL...and I had the old one, followed your instructions and now I see the new icon, the new front cover and am waiting, past my bedtime...LOL...for it to finish it's updates to play with it.....LOL....it takes soooo long though, but they say good things are worth waiting for.....:eek: :p

Thanks again,

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg