• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making a lava cake in a rice cooker?

In summary, a PC consultant shared a recipe for a lava-type cake made in a rice cooker with chocolate icing mixed into the cake. However, some people have had issues with it overflowing or not cooking correctly. The consultant suggests using a regular box cake mix with half a jar of frosting on top and microwaving it for about 10 minutes with the lid on. She also mentions that using a fluted stone and a whole jar of frosting can yield a different result. Some tips for success include using a powerful microwave on 80% power and letting the cake sit for 10 minutes before serving. This recipe is simple and versatile, making it a hit at kitchen shows and a great option for college students or those with egg allergies.
Cheflee87
I am a 10 year PC consultant. I dialed back to catalog and fundraisers after son #4 was born 7 years ago and am doing well that way (what I consider well). A teacher at the school where I substitute went to a show with her DD and they showed a lava-type cake in the rice cooker using chocolate icing IN the cake. She has tried it and it always overflows or doesn't cook correctly. Anyone have this recipe? I looked at the Warm Choc. Hazelnut recipe and that's not it. Thanks for any input!

You just mix up a regular box cake with the ingredients (listed on the box). Glop half of a jar of frosting on top and throw it in the microwave for about 10 minutes without the lid.

She might have used a whole jar of frosting...it can't be whipped frosting either. Or she left the lid on.

Thanks Cindy!

I will email her the suggestions and hope that it was one of those situations! I really appreciate the help (and now I'll have to try the recipe too LOL)
Lee

It's delicious! You must try it! You can also make it in the Fluted Stone. Then you get to use the whole jar of frosting. :p Yum!! (also add a few minutes to the time)

I always make mine with the lid on! You microwave it for 9 minutes, too. Comes out wonderful and pudding-y.

However, if she has a super-powerful microwave (like mine!), she needs to put it on 80% power, otherwise it will start to overflow and push the top off.

At my kitchen show yesterday, the host bought confetti cake (althought I totally forgot the confetti to the cake) and vanilla frosting. I put half the tub of frosting in a floured rice cooker, then separately stirred together cake mix and 1 can pepsi (12oz) and it came out fantastic!-Guest were totally amazed. This was my first time doing this at a show, and feedback was great!

I have done it at home with chocolate cake and chocolate frosting, this might be what you are looking for. Just make sure the cake sits in the rice cooker for about 10 minutes, that way it retains it's shape once you flip it over onto a plate.

People are amazed that it requires nothing else-no other ingredients. Great for college students with only microwaves to cook with. My daughter and her room mate loves it and it's much cheaper than those "Delightful Desserts" you can buy at the grocery store.

You can be creative and use any combination! Just be cautious with kids at the show, the cake is still very hot once it comes out. I did the cake as a second recipee, but next time I may do that first and let it sit til my main dish is complete, that way no worries with it still being hot when they go to eat the dessert.

Good luck and I highly recommend it, the responses from the guest where like they couldn't wait to see it. One guest said it would be great for her grandson since he has an egg allergy-so that was an added benefit for her and her grandson.

This is very good. I put the lid on mine and I have never had it overflow.

What is a rice cooker cake?

A rice cooker cake is a type of cake that is cooked in a rice cooker instead of an oven. It is a popular alternative for those who do not have access to an oven or prefer a more compact and convenient method of baking.

What kind of rice cooker can I use for making a cake?

Any standard rice cooker can be used for making a cake. However, it is recommended to use one with a non-stick inner pot to prevent the cake from sticking to the bottom.

What ingredients do I need to make a rice cooker cake?

The ingredients for a rice cooker cake are similar to a regular cake, including flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and baking powder. You can also add your favorite flavorings, such as vanilla extract, cocoa powder, or fruit puree.

How do I make a rice cooker cake?

To make a rice cooker cake, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and pour the batter into the rice cooker's inner pot. Set the rice cooker to the "cook" or "cake" mode, and let it cook for the recommended time. Once done, let the cake cool before removing it from the pot.

What is the cooking time for a rice cooker cake?

The cooking time for a rice cooker cake may vary depending on the size and model of your rice cooker. Generally, it takes around 45 minutes to an hour to cook a rice cooker cake. It is best to check the cake's doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • tractorgal
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies