• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Stains Out of Food Chopper Lid

In summary, the conversation was about trying to remove stains from a food chopper lid, specifically red/orange stains from strawberry juice or orange zest. Suggestions were given to try Dawn Dissolve spray, using bleach, soaking in a bleach solution, and using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for plastic items. Other issues such as onion smell in the lid were also discussed, with suggestions to try a combination of baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar.
chefannie1015
Anyone have any ideas on how to get stains out of the food chopper lid. I made the strawberry amaretto pastries today and I think the lid was set down on some orange zest or strawberry juice. Now the lid has a bunch of orange/red stains on it. It figures, something like this would happen the first time I use it. I have my second show on Wednesday night and would really like to get the stains out before then.

Try Dawn Dissovle, the spray is great for removing stains.
If it doesn't work it can be replaced under warranty.

A little bleach should do the trick.

I'd suggested soaking it in a bleach solution.

Will this work for the measure-all cup???? My husband stuck mine in the sink with a pan soaking with spaghetti sauce...if mine was a little pinker than more red, it'd be ready for HWC month.

...and what about a bamboo spoon? Not sure if my customer used it to mix green or blue jello, or what!Sorry for borrowing your thread :)

I imagine bleach is the only thing that will work for the bamboo spoons. For the plastic stuff I'm a big fan of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

raebates said:
I imagine bleach is the only thing that will work for the bamboo spoons. For the plastic stuff I'm a big fan of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
You don't think it will soak in the bleach??

Sometimes it will. Sometimes it won't. The Magic Eraser is just another idea to try.

What about onion smell in the chopper lid? I wash it in the dishwasher, soak in water, soak it in lemon juice, vinegar and the smell lingers. Yuck....

Try a combination of baking soda with either lemon juice or vinegar. Place the lid inside a good-sized bowl. Basically fill the lid with the baking soda. Slowly pour in the liquid. It will fizz all over. Let it sit several hours; preferrably overnight.

1. How do I remove stains from my food chopper lid?

To remove stains from your food chopper lid, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained areas of the lid and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, scrub the stains with a soft-bristled brush or sponge and rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my food chopper lid?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach on your food chopper lid as it can damage the plastic material. Instead, try using a mixture of vinegar and water or a commercial kitchen cleaner specifically designed for plastic materials.

3. How do I prevent stains from forming on my food chopper lid?

To prevent stains from forming on your food chopper lid, make sure to clean it after each use. Use warm soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge to remove any food residue. Dry the lid completely before storing it to prevent any moisture buildup which can lead to stains.

4. Will using lemon juice remove stains from my food chopper lid?

Lemon juice can be effective in removing stains from your food chopper lid, especially if the stains are from acidic foods. Simply cut a lemon in half and rub it over the stained areas. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water and drying the lid.

5. Are there any specific products I can use to remove stains from my food chopper lid?

Yes, there are several products specifically designed to remove stains from plastic materials that can be used on your food chopper lid. Some popular options include Bar Keepers Friend, Goo Gone, and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product carefully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Luv 2 Cook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedtracy