• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Between Blades of Food Chopper: A Frustrating Challenge!

In summary, the dishwasher isn't getting the chopper clean, so I've tried soaking it and using a sponge, but it's not reaching. I also tried using an old toothbrush.
4kids4me
I love my food chopper, but can't figure out how to clean between the blades by the base. It's nasty in there, and the dishwasher isn't getting it clean. I've also tried soaking it and using a sponge, but it's not reaching. Help! thanks!

How about an old toothbrush!

I use my bottle brush. I keep it under the sink anyway to clean out my baby bottles and it has a smaller brush at one end that I can use in the blades! :)

I am pretty sure you could do a search for this and there was a post here a while back (like last year or something) about cleaning some things, it might have even been a post all of it's own.

When you put it in the dishwasher are you spreading the wings? Sometimes you have to hold them open with a cup or something. I always try to have the wings open so the water can wash up in there.

If you have our baster, the cleaning brush that comes with it is perfect for getting into the tight space between the blades of the chopper

That was my exact post pchefdonna^^! That's what I use! Also the new decorator bottle set brush, I think would work! But my favorite is the baster brush!:)

I second the baby bottle brush and baster brush!!;)

Thx for all these ideas! I have the brush from the decorater bottle set, I'll have to try that. I do have the wings open in the dishwasher, but it needs more. My bottle brush was too big. The toothbrush idea was good, too. :) You ladies are awesome!

These brushes would probably help with the grate barrel for the deluxe cheese grater as well. I never use it because I hate cleaning it (no dishwasher) ....but with a brush it would probably be easier!

One thing I have found with the dishwasher...make sure the blades are vertical and not horizontal...since I started doing that, I haven't had a problem with gunk getting stuck.

HTH!

Depending on how long I wait before washing my chopper, http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0009.gif, sometimes my dishwasher just doesn't do the job. I like the little brush that came with the baster. The one that came with the decorator bottles works well, too. I find it works best if I let it soak in hot water for a few minutes before I begin the scrubbing.

Maybe I should begin rinsing it immediately and running the dishwasher every day. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0023.gif Nah!

Make sure you rinse it right after using it. . . this will help a great deal. I have a child size toothbrush (purchased just for this use) at my kitchen sink for all those hard to get at spots in a variety of P-chef products.

A GOOD & CHEAP item I ALWAYS have in my drain board is our Citrus Peeler. The one side of it is GREAT to get nooks & cranies also it doesnt scratch things up....;) ;) :cool:

Omg Rennea!
rennea said:
How about an old toothbrush!

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity.

I laughed out loud when I read your sig. quote......and so true! Thanks for a belly laugh!:D

jenniferknapp said:
These brushes would probably help with the grate barrel for the deluxe cheese grater as well. I never use it because I hate cleaning it (no dishwasher) ....but with a brush it would probably be easier!
:eek: Okay, this may sound weird:eek: but it works. do you heat your cheese in your microwave first? If you cut your cheese into peices that fit into the deluxe cheese grater and put on a plate and microwave for 8-10 seconds, it will get that oily look to the cheese, just as the cheese is starting to "break down" but not melted. That makes it so easy to grate and it just slides right out your barrel! It makes it a snap to clean! The oils in the cheese that are brought to the surface when you heat it, lubricate the barrel and it's a dream to use and to clean.! Just a quick tip!:D

MissChef said:
:eek: Okay, this may sound weird:eek: but it works. do you heat your cheese in your microwave first? If you cut your cheese into peices that fit into the deluxe cheese grater and put on a plate and microwave for 8-10 seconds, it will get that oily look to the cheese, just as the cheese is starting to "break down" but not melted. That makes it so easy to grate and it just slides right out your barrel! It makes it a snap to clean! The oils in the cheese that are brought to the surface when you heat it, lubricate the barrel and it's a dream to use and to clean.! Just a quick tip!:D

I just learned this tip, but haven't tried it....and didn't think about the cleaning part! Wahoo (I'm excited) ;)

You'll actually start using it again! I love mine again, but I went through a period of time about 6 years ago when I HATED it and wouldn't even demo it anymore!:rolleyes: I do again but I tell the quick tip every time!;)

Mine was my very first piece of PChef....because my mom always had one, and it was so yummy on spaghetti...and I got so discouraged, I don't know how she did it for so many years! But now with my tip, I need to try again!!

Hmmmm now I may have to get one and try it. I thought I would be in total love with the Mandolin and I hate it.

NMmommy said:
Hmmmm now I may have to get one and try it. I thought I would be in total love with the Mandolin and I hate it.
I haven't used my Mandoline at ALL!! I earned it for free, and was so excited...but I always forget to get it out. I think I just love my Forged Santoku so much that I don't even think of cutting something up with anything else!

jenniferknapp said:
I haven't used my Mandoline at ALL!! I earned it for free, and was so excited...but I always forget to get it out. I think I just love my Forged Santoku so much that I don't even think of cutting something up with anything else!

I wanted to for a long time. It came in my starter kit and I was so excited to use. I am not impressed at all. I do want the Santoku knife. I am going to get with my pampered dollars and kit enchantment next month!

Oh I love the Ultimate Mandoline. That is my favorite tool, I saw it at the first pc party I went to and signed up especially for it. In our house we have Big sandwich night, and we buy the huge loaf of french bread and make the sandwich on that. It is so easy now that I have that mandoline.

I use an old nipple (from baby bottle, no dirty minds here , lol) brush. it is easy to get in there. Also the cheese thing really does work. It is one of the first things that I learned from my Director befoer I had become a consultant.

Back to the FC- you can take the wings off completely (they will go back on and work fine), which will help expose the blade to more water. Go ahead- try it! They really do go on and off!

chefann you always make me smile and chuckle when you post! I think that you should have in your signature "Just do it!" :p ;) Like the Nike (sp?) commercial! I LOL when I saw your post on the "pp3 switch" thread........do it, do it, do it! Thanks for the great posts! You make me smile!:D

MissChef said:
chefann you always make me smile and chuckle when you post! I think that you should have in your signature "Just do it!" :p ;) Like the Nike (sp?) commercial! I LOL when I saw your post on the "pp3 switch" thread........do it, do it, do it! Thanks for the great posts! You make me smile!:D
Wanna know the really ironic thing? I was a member of a "Peer Resistance Training Team" in high school that went to middle schools and taught students how to resist peer pressure. And here I am now telling everyone to "go ahead and do xxx. All the cool Cheffers are doing it." :)

I have used Q-tips to clean by the base or a bottle brush for a babby bottle works as well

Last edited:
mommyhugz1978 said:
I have used cuetips to clean by the base or a bottle brush for a babby bottle works as well

Q-Tips are great inventions for cleaning:)

I am always nervous about cutting myself...... but they get the job done nicely!!!

1. How do I clean between the blades of my food chopper?

To clean between the blades of your food chopper, try using a small brush or toothpick to remove any food debris that may be stuck in between. You can also use a mixture of warm water and dish soap to soak the blades for a few minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or brush.

2. Why is it difficult to clean between the blades of my food chopper?

Food choppers can be tricky to clean between the blades because there are small crevices and sharp edges that can be hard to reach. Additionally, leftover food particles can become stuck and harden, making it even more challenging to clean.

3. Can I put my food chopper in the dishwasher to clean?

Yes, most food choppers are dishwasher safe. However, it is essential to check the manufacturer's instructions before placing it in the dishwasher. Some parts may need to be removed or hand washed separately.

4. What if my food chopper still isn't clean after using the dishwasher?

If your food chopper is still dirty after running it through the dishwasher, try using a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda to soak the blades. The combination of these two ingredients can help loosen and remove stubborn food particles.

5. Any other tips for cleaning between the blades of a food chopper?

If you're still struggling to clean between the blades of your food chopper, you can also try using a cleaning product specifically designed for kitchen appliances, such as a degreaser or food-safe cleaner. Additionally, make sure to thoroughly dry all parts of your food chopper after cleaning to prevent any rust or mold from forming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • thehaleykitchen