• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Food Chopper Blade Cover

In summary, the conversation discussed difficulties with cleaning the food chopper blade cover, particularly the clear "jacket" which scratches easily. One person shared a tip of using denture cleaner tablets to soak and clean the cover effectively. Another suggested using a cake tester or small toothbrush for cleaning the crevices. Another person mentioned using a second cover for show purposes.
chefsara
Silver Member
I don't know if anyone else has trouble getting all those little spots in the food chopper blade cover clean or not. I don't have an automatic dishwasher and found it hard to get down in those crevices to get them really clean even with the kitchen brush. I had some denture cleaner tablets left from my mother in law after she passed and put one in a Corningware cereal bowl with warm water and sat the cover in it to soak. It looks really good. I used the kitchen brush when I washed it then in dish water. But it seemed to loosen the little dark corners and they came clean! Thought I would pass this tip along to the rest of you to try.

Hey that is a great idea. What I have trouble with is the clear "jacket". I am on my second one in a year and it looks horrible. It scratches so easy! I made the mistake of putting my first one in the dishwasher and it cracked. I bought another one, but it is all scratched up and looks horrible. I haven't even used it a dozen times since I got the new one.

jenniferlynne said:
Hey that is a great idea. What I have trouble with is the clear "jacket". I am on my second one in a year and it looks horrible. It scratches so easy! I made the mistake of putting my first one in the dishwasher and it cracked. I bought another one, but it is all scratched up and looks horrible. I haven't even used it a dozen times since I got the new one.

I'm glad to see it's not just me! My clear cover looks terrible! At least my guests know I really use this stuff. :)

Becca115 said:
I'm glad to see it's not just me! My clear cover looks terrible! At least my guests know I really use this stuff. :)

I use mine alot...so what I did is bought a 2nd one that I bring to my shows & the beat up 1 for my house;)

I use a cake tester to clean those little crevases in the chopper blade. Works great!

I use a small tooth brush.

Ginger428 said:
I use mine alot...so what I did is bought a 2nd one that I bring to my shows & the beat up 1 for my house;)

There's an idea. Thanks.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this helpful tip for cleaning the food chopper blade cover. I know it can be frustrating to try and get into all those tiny crevices, especially without an automatic dishwasher. I will definitely try using denture cleaner tablets in warm water next time I clean my cover. Thanks again for sharing! Happy cooking!

1. How do I clean the food chopper blade cover?

To clean the food chopper blade cover, first remove it from the chopper. Then, wash it in warm, soapy water, using a sponge or brush to remove any food residue. Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft cloth.

2. Can I put the food chopper blade cover in the dishwasher?

Yes, the food chopper blade cover is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the cover.

3. Is the food chopper blade cover removable?

Yes, the food chopper blade cover is designed to be easily removable for cleaning and storage purposes. Simply twist and lift the cover off of the chopper.

4. How often should I clean the food chopper blade cover?

We recommend cleaning the food chopper blade cover after each use to prevent any food build-up and maintain its performance. However, if you use it frequently, you can clean it every few uses.

5. Can I use harsh chemicals to clean the food chopper blade cover?

No, we do not recommend using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the food chopper blade cover. This can damage the cover and affect its performance. Stick to mild soap and warm water for cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies