• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Fuel Your Motivation with These Inspiring Quotes!

In summary, the conversation was centered around sharing inspirational quotes to motivate and uplift others. The participants shared their favorite quotes and discussed the importance of attitude and perseverance in achieving success. They also touched on the importance of helping others and having a positive outlook in life.
finley1991
Thanks so much Ann for posting the awesome quote below!

baychef said:
Just saw a great saying...maybe not to use in this case, but when discouragement sets in..."If the grass looks greener on the other side...start watering your grass"

I'm starting this thread as a reference for us. If you see or hear a great quote, please post it here so we can use them for our teams, newsletters, FB status, etc. :)

good idea Colleen! I've heard several good ones lately.

In life you have 3 types of people. Those that watch things happen, those that wait for things to happen and then those that make things happen. Which one are you?

Positive thoughts manifests positive results. Key is.... You gotta believe it..

You always have choices but your final decision is what dictates where you go from there.

Ohhhh, I love Quotes!

My very favorite one is one my director gave to me when I was just starting out with my business. I hung it next to my desk, and it's been there since. I use it quite often...and I've been known to post it on CS on threads that are dissolving into "poor me" sobfests. :)

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

--Chuck Swindoll

My favorites:

If you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!

Do what you love, and LOVE what you're doing - and you'll never have to work another day of your life!

And one that I came up with when I was fed up with Hubby's Mom: You can continue to be the victim, or you can CHOOSE to be the survivor. Being the survivor is so much more empowering and fullfilling!

YOU CAN'T PUSH A STRING

President Dwight Eisenhower often explained his theory of leadership by placing a small piece of string on his desk. "Look," he would say, "If I push it, it doesn't go anywhere. But if I pull it, then I can take it anywhere I want."

When we want to get something done -- by ourselves or by others -- it is easier when we don't get uptight and stressed. Pushing does not pay off. Pulling our weight and leading others by example and mentorship does.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.

Robert Louis Stevenson
A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.
--Robert Hughes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Vince Lombardi
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)
When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

-Jacob A. Riis
Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they're really not. They're companions - the hero and the sidekick.

Laurence Shames
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chance favors those in motion.

James H. Austin
Sometimes the best helping hand you can get is a good, firm push.

Joann Thomas
The strongest warriors are these two...time and patience.

Leo Tolstoy
Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don’t count on harvesting golden delicious.

Bill Meyer
Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the staircase.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
We learn to walk by stumbling.

Bulgarian Proverb
It’s our attitude in life that determines life’s attitude toward us.

Earl Nightingale
You can have anything you want in life if you just help enough other people get what they want.

Zig Ziglar

Not that I collect these or anything!!!:eek: Some of these are meant for me as a leader to either get out of my pity pot or to help me keep going when I see not results. The stone cutter one really helped me with discouragement.

Enjoy! And love this thread, thanks Colleen!

Sheila said:
And one that I came up with when I was fed up with Hubby's Mom: You can continue to be the victim, or you can CHOOSE to be the survivor. Being the survivor is so much more empowering and fullfilling!

Here is one that will help as well...

He who angers you conquers you

Nice quotes...here's a couple I came across recently...

We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.
- Abigail Adams

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you can not do.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou

I attribute my success to this - I never gave or took any excuse.
- Florence Nightingale

Found this one this morning....

If you learn to appreciate more of what you already have, you'll find yourself having more to appreciate. -Michael Angier

Ok, so her's my favorite:

"Nothing shapes your life more than the committments you choose to make. Your committments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you." Rick Warren

Here's one for Beth....

If I have to pull up my Big Girl Panties too many more times, the elastic might break!:bugeye::eek:

baychef said:
Here's one for Beth....

If I have to pull up my Big Girl Panties too many more times, the elastic might break!:bugeye::eek:

ROFL! Love it!

Another one I made up today as I was talking to someone in my downline: $#!+ rolls downhill, success grows uphill.
roflmao2.gif

I LOVE it Sheila!!! You could be quoted and be up there with Ben Franklin, Zig Ziglar and all of the greats!! :D

baychef said:
Here's one for Beth....

And Beth, if you read this I thought of you because I know you are not fond of the term of pulling up my Big Girl Panties.:chef:

"True supporters aren’t the ones who tell you what you want to hear; they are the ones who tell you what you NEED to hear."

One of my favorites was a gift from a friend.
"Life is tough. I recommend a manicure and a reeeallly cute helmet." :D Ok so it is not an inspirational quote, nor a real quote attributed to anything, but I like it. And it makes me laugh. :)

I'm putting this here so we can use this thread as a resource...

My D does a weekly Book Club call. We are finishing reading Selling it Softly by Sue Rusch. Some of you might remember her from PC. It's a really great book with real examples consultants can take out and use immediately. It might be a good book to use as a reward or something for your teams. :)

Let each become all that he was created capable of becoming.
~ Thomas Carlyle

bs59.gif

Not sure you can read this...liked the saying. Not sure the picture is what I would use!

This is from Chris Manion's newsletter...which Miss Colleen appears in each time!!!

Remember,
Triumph is the word "try" with a little "umph" added.

Just had to add this one! From one of my favorite motivational writers - Jon Gordon...

Complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.

"Who would I be without my excuses?" -- Ariane de Bonvoisin

“If you don’t make a plan and a timeline to achieve your dream, it will always be that – just a dream.” -- Gail Vaz-Oxlade

"Your goals will never fail you. Rather, you fail them, largely due to lack of doing the things necessary to make them a reality." -- Gary Blair

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.

My dad always says "he who whispers in a well is not so apt to get the dollar as he who climbs a tree and hollars"

YOU and I can be that amazing... if we try.

If you are afraid of failure, you don't deserve success. Charles Barkley

My "Thank You" Button is missing on some of those! The only one that shows is the one from today! :(

Here are a few for today:

When you're comfortable in your own skin, you look beautiful, regardless of any flaws. - Emily Deschanel

For many people, complaining is a competitive sport as they try and outdo one another with their tales of woe. This game is not winnable.

What you actually "do" is more important than what you say you'll do.
~Steve Chandler

I saw this above a car repair shop:

Obstacles are just miss opportunities.

I saw this at Jimmy Johns...

"Experience" is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

LMAO!

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. ~Denis Waitley

If any ONE can do it, anyone can do it. Besides, it’s rarely about CAN you do it and almost always about WILL you do it. -- Larry Winget

From our Fall Kick OffSuccess Is Easy, But So Is Neglect by Jim Rohn

People often ask me how I became successful in that six-year period of time while many of the people I knew did not. The answer is simple: The things I found to be easy to do, they found to be easy not to do. I found it easy to set the goals that could change my life. They found it easy not to do. I found it easy to read the books that could affect my thinking and my ideas. They found that easy not to do. I found it easy to attend the classes and the seminars, and to get around other successful people. They said it probably really wouldn’t matter. If I had to sum it up, I would say what I found to be easy to do, they found to be easy not to do. Six years later, I’m a millionaire and they are all still blaming the economy, the government, and company policies, yet they neglected to do the basic, easy things.

In fact, the primary reason most people are not doing as well as they could and should, can be summed up in a single word: neglect.

It is not the lack of money—banks are full of money. It is not the lack of opportunity—America, and much of the Free World, continues to offer the most unprecedented and abundant opportunities in the last six thousand years of recorded history. It is not the lack of books—libraries are full of books and they are free! It is not the schools—the classrooms are full of good teachers. We have plenty of ministers, leaders, counselors and advisors.

Everything we would ever need to become rich and powerful and sophisticated is within our reach. The major reason that so few take advantage of all that we have is simply neglect.

Neglect is like an infection. Left unchecked it will spread throughout our entire system of disciplines and eventually lead to a complete breakdown of a potentially joy-filled and prosperous human life.

Not doing the things we know we should do causes us to feel guilty and guilt leads to an erosion of self-confidence. As our self-confidence diminishes, so does the level of our activity. And as our activity diminishes, our results inevitably decline. And as our results suffer, our attitude begins to weaken. And as our attitude begins the slow shift from positive to negative, our self-confidence diminishes even more... and on and on it goes.

So my suggestion is that when giving the choice of “easy to” and “easy not to” that you do not neglect to do the simple, basic, “easy,” but potentially life-changing activities and disciplines.

Happiness formula = Do YOUR best and feel good about it,
Unhappiness formula = Compare yourself to others.

Can someone tatoo this on my brain, please? The memory part, that is!:blushing:

"Acceptance is the act of embracing what life presents to you with
a good attitude."
~Chérie Carter-Scott

People don't plan to fail- they fail to plan.

The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related to Fuel Your Motivation with These Inspiring Quotes!

1. What are some ways to stay motivated?

One way to stay motivated is to surround yourself with inspiring quotes or mantras, such as the one posted by Ann: "If the grass looks greener on the other side...start watering your grass." This serves as a reminder to focus on our own growth and progress rather than comparing ourselves to others.

Another way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals and break them down into smaller, manageable tasks. This allows for a sense of accomplishment and progress.

Additionally, finding a supportive community or accountability partner can help keep motivation levels high.

Finally, taking breaks and engaging in self-care activities can prevent burnout and maintain motivation in the long run.

2. How can I use quotes to motivate my team?

Using quotes in team communication, newsletters, social media, etc. can serve as a source of inspiration and encouragement for team members. They can also help reinforce team values and goals.

Consider creating a quote board or sharing a "quote of the week" to keep motivation levels high and promote a positive team culture.

3. What are some examples of motivational quotes?

Some examples of motivational quotes include:

• "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
  • "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Can quotes really make a difference in motivation?

Yes, quotes can make a big difference in motivation. They serve as a powerful reminder and can shift our mindset from negative to positive. They can also provide a sense of perspective and help us remember our goals and values.

Additionally, shared quotes can create a sense of community and support among team members, boosting motivation and morale.

5. Where can I find more motivational quotes?

There are many online resources for finding motivational quotes, such as websites, blogs, and social media accounts dedicated to sharing inspirational content.

You can also find quotes in books, magazines, and speeches from successful individuals in various fields. And don't forget to look to your own experiences and those of your team members for personal and meaningful quotes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamela
  • amy07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Kathytnt