• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Recruiting Pressure: My Experience as a Direct Sales Consultant

I'm putting this Behind the Apron so we can talk freely and frankly about this... many many many of them (I have a team of about 18) are fed up with the constant push to recruit, and at least 4 are leaving because of it (and they don't even know each other, so it's not that they talk to each other). They all "LOVE YOU" (me), just are sick of getting emails and promotions about recruiting recruiting recruiting. My recruiting is in a huge slump too--recruited 5 in the last 4 months and NONE of them are qualifying--and I've not changed anything I am doing. I am always encouraging and positive....it's hard. Praying that NC motiv
finley1991
I'm putting this Behind the Apron so we can talk freely and frankly about this...

Nanisu said:
I am in the same boat. My sales are great, my team is mostly hobbyists, and I will probably lose directorship next month after 10years. Many Many Many of them (I have a team of about 18) are fed up with the constant push to recruit, and at least 4 are leaving because of it (and they don't even know each other, so it's not that they talk to each other). They all "LOVE YOU" (me), just are sick of getting emails and promotions about recruiting recruiting recruiting. My recruiting is in a huge slump too--recruited 5 in the last 4 months and NONE of them are qualifying--and I've not changed anything I am doing. I am always encouraging and positive....it's hard. Praying that NC motivates me because right now I am NOT motivated at all.

The reason I'm starting a new thread for this is because I'm curious about this... we keep hearing this over and over... the push on recruiting from HO... and the reason why I'm wondering is because this is NOT an issue with my team! It never comes up from the seasoned consultants or the new ones that they feel like HO is pushing us to recruit. The ones who want to recruit and are doing so want to promote up through the ranks, but they don't feel pressured to do it, they feel inspired.

I guess maybe it's a projection of our feelings on our teams? The reason I say that is because I don't personally feel like HO is pushing it a lot and neither does my team...

So why are some feeling it more than others? Thoughts?

I agree with you and have had the same thoughts. My team is just now awakening to recruiting but it's not because I have pushed or feel like HO has. Sometimes you can't win you know... if HO didn't offer incentives, there would be complaining about that as well. It is harder to earn trips now than it used to be I guess because of the recruiting but I love sharing the business so it's ok for me. Not that I'm on schedule for the year with that but anyway!!!

In my extended cluster we had someone sell over 90K and not even get Level 2, because of the recruiting requirement. That left a bad taste for a few of my team members, but I have tried (and mostly succeeded) to put a positive spin on this.
I think it's the little things like that.
Also, when the new career plan went into effect and I lost my Directorship- that ticked off my team. We all tried to spin it in a positve light, but it left a few a bit sour.
Slowly the tide is turning and they are much more positive about recruiting and seeing the rationale behind building a wide and deep team.
Some will "get it". Others won't. I just try to always point to the positive and hope it sticks! :)

Those are fair feelings and totally understandable. I admire your positive spin and know your team will too!

I agree that all of those feelings are valid... I missed earning Disney because I didn't qualify a recruit. I have already fulfilled my qualifying requirement for Toronto... just need the sales points now (or recruit points... whichever I get!).I lost my directorship as well (well, actually I lost it twice). But it was for the best. It's been important to me to maintain my D status and I've grown a great team this year. I'm not relying on the same-olds all the time. It's nice and kind of a kick-in-the-pants that the seasoned ones are getting their butts kicked in sales by the newer consultants. Those who had led the team in sales for years are not coming in in the top 5 on my team now. It's blowing their minds when they see the numbers... and it's getting a few to step up their games but others don't care and probably never will.

It is bitter sweet for me. The sweet part is that I have promoted and many team members have promoted. I fear that this will not be maintained but time will tell over the summer. Especially will tell next January and February.

I don't mind the greater emphasis on recruiting, but I do feel jipped out of trips. Seeing others promote easier has been very positive.

Once I considered doing PC full time, then I considered that it was not secure enough to make this leap. Then I was sure that once I retired, I would have a team built and it with the two I could live comfortable. Now what I have seen, there is no way I will depend on PC for any long term income. It has become a month by month income. It feels like a deck of cards that could fall with just a whisp of a slight breeze.

With this in mind, I am forging ahead but find myself getting caught in these periods of uncertainty that turn to worry that turn to negativity. A bumpier road with deeper pot holes ready to "flatten my tire"!!!

Somethings are easier with the new program and somethings make me feel very insecure.

This week at work has been one that has devoted more of my focus than I thought. But the excitement of the business of PC keeps me balanced. The excitement has been replaced with more fear instead of security. I find myself not as excited and finding it harder to focus on PC. REALLY hoping this will change. I want my fun back!!

You know, I do NOT feel like it's not that I haven't made it a positive thing--I am the most positive person I know, quite frankly. But I sent a survey monkey survey out and I had 6 consultants out of 18 respond that they were upset with everything being tied to recruiting. I missed level 3 because of one stinkin recruit for Disney. Had them, she didn't qualify in time because she got the flu. That stung, but I never said anything. \

So I am NOT having a pity party. Just stating facts.

Maybe it's because I'm still new to being a Director & in the "honeymoon" stage, but I'm loving it! I know I've mentioned it before (and :blushing: I still haven't posted it), but I did an excel program showing what I would have made as a Consultant, C w/ $15,000 in career sales, what I did make as a TL & what I could have made as a D. Technically it wasn't accurate, because I didn't have the structure yet for Director, therefore the pay would have been higher than what I showed them. And I didn't think about the activity bonuses, so those were not included in the estimate either. I did 4 months worth & handed it out at a cluster meeting. It motivated 2 of my girls at the time to promote! The money alone was a motivator. The little benefits that PC offers are just a bonus in their eyes. One has recruited 1 person, the other has recruited 2 people. I've since added a 3rd girl in my down line who's goal is to be a director too. She's still in her first 90 days & has already recruited too! So of the 14 in my down line, 3 are very vocal about the fact that they will become directors. And I believe that all 3 of them will become Directors!

But I've VERY adamant with my team that I want them to achieve THEIR goals, not my goals, or the goals of the 3 women in my up line. When I first started, I had ZERO interest in recruiting & probably would have quit if my recruiter had pressured me to recruit. She was laid back & let me go at my own pace. I do the same things for my girls. I wish I had really known & understood the benefits of recruiting in the beginning ... I'd have probably started doing it sooner. But I tell my girls that it's totally up to them! I lay out the benefits of recruiting and then let them decide if it's right or wrong for them. If they want to do one show per month or 20, it's their decision. If they want to recruit or not, it's their decision. But laying out the monetary benefits of recruiting sure lit a fire under a couple of butts. :D

What is "Push for Recruiting"?

"Push for Recruiting" is a term used to describe the active effort and strategy of reaching out to potential candidates and encouraging them to apply for job openings at a company.

Why is "Push for Recruiting" important?

"Push for Recruiting" is important because it allows companies to actively seek out and attract top talent, rather than waiting for candidates to come to them. This can help ensure a diverse pool of applicants and increase the chances of finding the best fit for a position.

What are some common methods used in "Push for Recruiting"?

Some common methods used in "Push for Recruiting" include networking, attending job fairs and industry events, utilizing social media and online job boards, and offering employee referral programs.

How can "Push for Recruiting" benefit a company?

"Push for Recruiting" can benefit a company by bringing in high-quality candidates who may not have otherwise applied, increasing diversity and skill sets within the company, and improving the overall talent pool for future hiring needs.

Are there any downsides to "Push for Recruiting"?

One potential downside to "Push for Recruiting" is that it can be time-consuming and require significant resources to effectively implement. Additionally, it may result in a higher volume of applicants, which can be overwhelming for hiring managers to review and consider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nay62
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • JennLizFran