• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FD Question: Potential Kitnapper's Inactivity?

In summary, Person #2 has not followed up with me or done anything with the leads I have given her. I am thinking she may be a kitnapper and I am not comfortable continuing to work with her. I want to give her enough time to either follow up or get inactive, but I am also considering giving her a changeover kit and referring her to other consultants.
Kathytnt
I have an FD question I have a person that seems to be a kitnapper. She claims to be interested and wanting training but is not picking up the phone to the lead I have givern her from her show or calling me when I let her know I am available Whenever I call her at home she says she never gets the message and I feel uncomfortable caling her at work

Well will she become inactive. Her 90 days end on September 9th

I know she put together her Business binder but I do not even know if she has requested her debit card so I am not sure if she got her changeover kit.

Did she have any shows at all??

Christina

She'll go inactive after her 30 days are over - October 1. Since she's currently active, she should have gotten her changeover kit.Here's a suggestion, send her a personal note, inviting her to meet you at some 3rd party location for a coffee or a Coke, and just to chat. Once you're there you can steer the conversation to PC, and what she wants out of it.

She would go inactive October 1st, I would assume. It used to be you couldn't go inactive during your Super Starter Months, now I would assume you can't go inactive during your first 90 days, but will probably be officially inactive the month following your first 90 days. Can anyone confirm? :confused:

Okay, see? What Anne said! Apparently we were typing at the same time! :D

Not so far - I keep hearing the 'I am so busy excuse'. I gave her several leads from her cooking show and she used her kit credit but hasn't really don anything with it yet.

I know my other active recruit has a very overwhelming job but has gotten int two show and 800+ in sales so far. Should have show #3 and possibly enough sales to qualify in mid-August. Keeping my fingers crossed for her

Person #2 just isn't doing anything but Telling me she is still interested

I have other leads and don't want to give up on this person but I think it is a kitnapper in sheep's clothing LOL!

My question on the changeover kit is she hasn't confirmed she did her debit card and direct deposit so how is the $6 fee and $2 a month for insurance charged to her.

They hold it and it'll come out of her first commission check. PC "eats" it if they never submit anything.

ok - I am going to follow this up with a call later in the week because I am so swamped but this is the e-mail I sent her

-------------

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you got your changeover kit. There are new catalog for the Fall - Software update (although you should not need this since you have the P3 software already) Lots of info for the new season.

You have to try that Warm Nutty Carmel Brownie recipe - It is awesome. I took it to work and people are all asking for the recipe.

There are some great new products including Stainless cookware. You are probably also aware that you can earn free cookware during the next few months. Let me know if you would like to go over the changeover materials. II will have office hours all day and evening on Wednesday, August 7th. You can call me anytime. If I step out for a minute I will return you call as soon as possible.

One little perk that is available to you as a new consultant - I just found out about this. If you qualify (complete your first 4 shows or $1250 in sales) by the end of you 90 day period you will receive 90 days free website access. This on top of the paycheck you receive and all the Pampered Chef dollars you will receive. Your 90 period ends on September 9th. Do you have 4 friend that can collect $150 in orders for you? Would they like to take advantage of 60% off on our Forged Cutlery in August or 60% off on out cookware in September??

I have you all the leads from your cooking show - There were at least 3 people from that group that were interested in possibly doing a show with me. I know that many more would probably love to do a show to help you get your business started.

Let me know how I can help you succeed - Let's at least make you enough money to pay off your kit. Maybe help pay off your duaghter's drill team expenses or tuck a little away for Christmas.

How can I help you - Let me know!

Sincerely, Kathy

I like it, Kathy. It's enough to get her excited about the Fall stuff without being overwhelming. And you offer her help without being overbearing. good job!

I like the email you sent, as well. Hopefully, you'll get a reply or a call!

I don't want to be pushy but wnat them to know that I am there to help her. I just happened to notice the little perk about the free 3 months website in our special edition of the CN. It's a nice perk My website is a huge help to my business although I know some people don't use theirs as much

Obviously I need to find about 4 more people like me that consistently do 1200-1500 in sales a month but each person you meet and sign is part of your training to becoming a director. I don't want to let anyone down but you can't drag a person to success either.

Exactly! But if you treat even your kitnappers like real people, with respect and understanding, then if they're ever in a better place in their life and consider re-signing, they'll think of you.

Perfect email Kathy. I hope she gets back to you and gets the ball rolling in her biz.

I would assume you can't go inactive during your first 90 days, but will probably be officially inactive the month following your first 90 days. Can anyone confirm?

you can actually go inactive during your first 90 days-i almost did :(
got the email and everything found a show real quick

heather9892 said:
you can actually go inactive during your first 90 days-i almost did :(
got the email and everything found a show real quick
The email might be automatically generated by the system. But the policy is that you can go inactive after your 90, but HO gives new consultants a grace period.

Kathytnt said:
Obviously I need to find about 4 more people like me that consistently do 1200-1500 in sales a month but each person you meet and sign is part of your training to becoming a director. I don't want to let anyone down but you can't drag a person to success either.

WOW! That was a real eye opener to me! It was an "Ah ha" moment,that it really is a journey to get there, not a race. But oh how I want the other 2!!;)

Kathytnt said:
I just wanted to check in with you to see if you got your changeover kit. There are new catalog for the Fall - Software update (although you should not need this since you have the P3 software already)

One little perk that is available to you as a new consultant - I just found out about this. If you qualify (complete your first 4 shows or $1250 in sales) by the end of you 90 day period you will receive 90 days free website access.
Your email is really good but it is kind of long in my opinion. Most people don't read all the words we think are important. Bullets work better (and put the words later in case they are a give me more info person).

[edited to delete misinformation to avoid creating confusion]

If she is a kitnapper she will not get back to you. I suggest that if she doesn't give you a show date or submit something soon, ask her what's going on. Is she having second thoughts? If she has decided that she can't do this then remind her that she committed to 4 shows but if she isn't going to do them you need to know so you can service those potential hosts and the guests. I would also ask her for the paperwork from the kit (at least the change over) if she says she is leaving.

If you give her permission to tell you that she's not going to do PC you will end on a good note and have a good customer and advocate in the future. I have someone who submitted 3 shows and never qualified. She has referred several people to me and is doing a September show with me because of how I handled it. I was disappointed but we all have to bless and release sometimes.

Someone is around the corner to replace her!

Last edited:
The segment in the CN did not specify that they needed to have a subscription to the PWS. It said that three months would be added if they already had a website subscription.

I contacted tech support earlier this week regarding P3 and the updates and they told me that P3 does automatic updates so we do not need to download the CD that is in our changeovere kit if we have converted to P3. All new consultants are forced to P3. That is why I converted to P#. So I could help my new consultants when they had issues.

My first consultant went inactive after on show. He tried to blame me for his lack of success - Not support etc but I can't make him book shows. My Director and I both gave him tons of suggestions but he has to do the work. My mother was also dying so it was a tough time but my Director keeps telling me that I did a good job. Some people are learning experiences. He is still a customer though - Placing an order this week.

Other people have good intentions but never follow through with anything much less Pampered Chef commitments.

Kathy,

Thanks for correcting me. I must have misread the info on the PWS. Also, when I talked to tech support at conference they told me to wait for the new disc to change over to P3 because it would take so long to update if I uninstalled and reinstalled to start using it. My advice was based on being used to PP and that information.

You will do well as a director when you get there - you are so on the ball! We all get those that don't follow up or follow through or need hand holding or blame others for their failures. Shake those off and keep on!

Kathytnt said:
I have an FD question I have a person that seems to be a kitnapper. She claims to be interested and wanting training but is not picking up the phone to the lead I have givern her from her show or calling me when I let her know I am available Whenever I call her at home she says she never gets the message and I feel uncomfortable caling her at work

Well will she become inactive. Her 90 days end on September 9th

I know she put together her Business binder but I do not even know if she has requested her debit card so I am not sure if she got her changeover kit.

This sounds like my 2 recruit. She signed on May 4, 2007 and never did a thing, She borrowed some items - took a long to get them back but did get all back - said that she have 3 cookings show and 2 catalogs, said that she was having problems with PP+ and that she called home office and they helped her out - talked to her one more time and she said that she will have to check PP+ to make sure they went through because she did submit them and at the same time see said that shea 2 ladies bounce their check and now see will have to contact them quickly. So about 3 days later, I contacted HO and they said that she hasn't sumbit anything. I told them the story and told me to contact her one more time to tell her that she needs to get those orders submitted before the guest starts calling HO and complaining. HO also said that her 90 days will be up at August 9 and she will then be inactivity,Well I call again to Tina, left a message, and NOTHING. My director said to leave her alone and forget about her. I can't do anything more to help her.

But here is the amazing thing

She was a Director with the Pampered Chef :eek: before (quit about 2001 or 2003 - just can't remember that part). She lived in lower part of MD and when she moved to Cumberland she quit PC. At first I didn't believe her so I called HO to get her past consultant # - need that for you application/agreement thingy - they said yes and gave me her past #for the agreement.

Don't know what happen at all.:confused: :confused: :confused:

~

I would point blank ask her what occupies most of her time. She may authentically be busy, maybe terrified of the phone (try some dialogues with her), or she may just not care. We can all speculate, but until you hear it from her mouth you'll never know. Try to get her talking about the "real" reason she is not doing anything. More than likely it has nothing to do with time.

Hope you get to the bottom of the problem!
Missy

1. What is a "Kitnapper"?

A "Kitnapper" is a term used to describe a consultant who signs up with Pampered Chef solely to take advantage of the consultant discount and does not actively sell or promote the products.

2. How does Pampered Chef handle potential Kitnappers?

Pampered Chef takes potential Kitnappers very seriously and has processes in place to identify and address any inactive consultants who may be taking advantage of the consultant discount without actively selling or promoting our products.

3. What happens if someone is identified as a potential Kitnapper?

If someone is identified as a potential Kitnapper, they will receive a notification from Pampered Chef asking them to confirm their activity and intent to continue as a consultant. If they do not respond or if their response does not indicate active selling or promoting of our products, they may be removed from the consultant program.

4. How can I avoid being mistaken as a potential Kitnapper?

If you are actively selling and promoting Pampered Chef products, there is no need to worry about being mistaken as a potential Kitnapper. Make sure to regularly submit orders and participate in training and events to show your activity as a consultant.

5. Can I still receive the consultant discount if I am not actively selling or promoting Pampered Chef products?

No, the consultant discount is only available to consultants who are actively selling and promoting our products. If you are not meeting the activity requirements, you may be removed from the consultant program and will no longer be eligible for the discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • pamperedalf
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • SillyChef