• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Effective New Consultant Training: Tips and Best Practices

In summary, the monthly New Consultant Training is informal and focuses on the basics of starting and running a business.
finley1991
Does anyone do a New Consultant Training each month? Is it formal? Do you follow the Cook & Book format?

I'd like to start doing this monthly (if you build it they will come!) and I'd like some ideas on how others do it!

One of my TL on Okinawa does and follows the Succeed With Us booklet. I don't have enough team members in Tokyo (1) to do anything here. Before moving, I just did one-on-one training, but the team was small enough for that to work at the time.

I offer it once per month before our mtg. Very informal @ my house. We do a mock kicthen show w/ veg. pizza and then focus on list of 100 and bookings while it cooks. Also go over recruiting.

I've offered it a couple of times (especially when there are new people who can attend the meeting - many of my team are too far away to come) and have had poor participation. One on one has worked so far. As we grow I will offer more of that kind of thing.

The thing that hurts me is that I have no upline or other directors anywhere near me (closest is over an hour) to combine forces with.

bethcooks4u said:
The thing that hurts me is that I have no upline or other directors anywhere near me (closest is over an hour) to combine forces with.

Me either. But I feel that's what's made me a better director.

I just contacted a cross line here in Hawaii last night. We're going to start doing joint meetings and trainings. She doesn't do a "New Consultant Training", but she does a team meeting once a month AND a specialized training another day of the month. (January's specialized training is goal setting for 2011.) She welcomed my team with open arms, and I am so glad!! It's going to be easier and less time consuming working with another director. :)

Angie welcome to the Director side! :D

Thanks, Sheila!! It's nice being back here. :)

I do training the last Monday of every month which puts two weeks between our meetings and this training which I think helps them all because if they need refreshers they can come to either one. I follow the cook and book and then we go through questions they may have and list of 100s and their commercial.

Karen
Newly promoted in Jan :)

The other director and I that pair up to do meetings do one every month. Our regular mtgs are the first Monday of the month and the third Monday of the month, we do New Consultant Training. We switch it up. Some months we do it as the Cook & Book format and other months we either follow the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants" or we just let those in attendance guide what we talk about by what questions they have.

We were supposed to have one tomorrow night, but nobody responded they were coming, so it was cancelled. Typically we have about 3-4 attend and lately it had been the newer consultants, but we open it up to anyone who wants a "refresher" or a reboot.

I encourage every new consultant to participate in the "New Consultant Training." I follow the "Cook N Book training for the mini demo part of the training and the word association on starting the collection of 100 names. I've also follow the "Succeed with us" booklet in the same training. It's great for goals and finding out what is the new consultants motivation.

I do a new consultant training every month. It is on my schedule and I let everyone know when it will be. I encourage everyone to come, but it is designed for my new consultants. I send 50 guest in 5 minutes ahead of time and ask them to bring it filled out. The meeting starts right on time with the recipe demo doing 3 cheese garden pizza. We all make it together going over the products. I do this recipe because it uses the mandoline, which is the most expensive product in the kit and the one people are most afraid of. While the pizza is cooking we go through the Succeed with Us workbook. I start with how much they can earn and I ask them how much they want. We talk about how many parties that will take (usually it is $500 and 4 parties). We then talk about PC $ and how they earn them. I tell them it is for paperwork and products and ask them what they would spend it on, what products. We then look at our calendars. When do you want to work? Mark the days. When do you want to have your grand opeing, pick 2 days? When is your next party. I give them the words to say so they book the parties in close to their Grand Opening. We then spend time on their list of 50 and how this is a start to their 100. We mark who they are going to call and we practice the words they will use when they call them. We move to sharing the opportunity, what is in it for them. More PC$, overrides. Why are you here and who would you like to share this with? If there is time we talk about the host program, if there is not, I cover this before their grand opening.

This is the general idea of my training. I encourage everyone to shadow me at a party as well. I figure there are really 3 new consultant training days. One at my house, one at one of my shows, and their Grand Opening.

I do a "welcome to our team" meeting when they sign, about 2 hours focused on organization, goal setting, and show them how to work with P3 a bit. I have a little letter I give them with what they can expect from me, and what I expect from them, and we work on our list of 100. I do weekly calls after that, thinking of going to a weekly skype call for those that want it. Did a weekly skype call for 6 weeks and sure enough, the ones who participated are the ones who are working their business.

cookingwithlove said:
I send 50 guest in 5 minutes ahead of time and ask them to bring it filled out.

I love this and am going to start using it with my intro trainings. I am sure you have new consultants that don't do this, or don't fill this in..at this time, i'm assuming you "host coach" like a normal party to add more names to it.

I tell them the importance of doing it ahead of time and tell them we will be working with it at the training. If they do not have it done. I have them do it at the training. Most people have it done before they come.

1. What is included in the new consultant training?

The new consultant training includes online courses, webinars, and in-person training sessions that cover topics such as product knowledge, business practices, and marketing strategies.

2. How long does the new consultant training last?

The new consultant training typically lasts around 6-8 weeks, but the exact duration may vary depending on the consultant's schedule and progress.

3. Is the new consultant training mandatory?

Yes, the new consultant training is mandatory for all new consultants. It is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to start your business successfully.

4. Can I complete the new consultant training at my own pace?

Yes, the new consultant training is self-paced, allowing you to complete it at your convenience. However, it is recommended to complete it within the designated time frame for the best results.

5. Will I receive any support during the new consultant training?

Yes, you will have access to a mentor who will guide you through the training and answer any questions you may have. There are also online communities and resources available for additional support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • KCPChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • AJPratt