• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Your Why: Finding Purpose and Motivation in Your PC Business

In summary, the conversation is about the importance of going back to the basics and remembering the reasons why each person started their Pampered Chef business. Many people have different "Why's" which include contributing to the family budget, being a stay-at-home parent, paying off debt, gaining self-confidence, and enjoying the products and incentives provided by the company. The flexibility of the business and the ability to meet new people and share knowledge are also reasons why people continue with their PC business.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Taking this from another thread - sometimes we get discouraged, or things aren't going as well as we would like in our business, and we think about hanging up the apron. That is when it is good to go back to the basics, and think about your "Why". Why did you start with PC? Why have you continued? Why is your business important to you? WHY?

I have a lot of little "Why's", but my 2 biggest are:

1) It is my contribution to the family budget - it's for all of our "extras" - vacations, date nights, presents, etc.......

2) I do PC, so that I can stay home with my son - He is my BIGGEST Why!

So, what's your WHY?

1) Pay off my one and only credit card

2) Retirement

Good point Becky; you have to get back to WHY you signed; or the reason why you've stayed.

My "why's" are:
to be SAHM to my girls & be in control of my schedule
to provide extra income for our bigger house payment
because I LOVE this company & all the incentives they give us

My PC business gives me the opportunity to be successful on my own terms. I set my schedule, my own goals, and my own definition of success.The money is good, and the free products are great!I love meeting new people and sharing my knowledge with them. I guess I'm a teacher and trainer at heart.

My Why's are mainly future reasons, but I've got some current ones too.

These are my biggies:
1) help pay off debt and save for a house
2) so I can quit my job and be a SAHM
3) contribute to the incoming money
4) to gain more self-confidence - especially in public speaking!

This reminds me - I need to put a "Why bag" together

1) Save for our new house
2) Money for extras-I have a shopping problem!
3) I enjoy cooking and Love PC products-it helps support my habit

Why I Signed:

1) DH said I needed to get a part-time job
2) I didn't want to put DS in daycare
3) The start-up kit was inexpensive

Why I stayed:

1) To quote Tim McGraw "I Like It I Love It I Want Some More Of It!
2) My new goal is to build a team and earn a consistent salary so I can send DS to Private School and use my paycheck to pay for it.
3) I enjoy the Cooking shows and meeting new friends.

1. to be able to stay at home with my two children, and still earn an income while doing something that fit's my schedule, and not someone else's.

2. To provide income toward the bills.

It is important to me, because it allows me to do both of the above, and I get lot's of recognition while doing it. I am also creating my own success!

(This may be strange but...) I get bored easily and need something to do, constantly. There is always something to do in this business, even if it's just searching out new recipes.
I really disliked subbing.
Always spend money I don't have, so now I have money. That's why I was subbing.
Love PC products.

1. Extra $$
2. Outlet for need to socialize and "perform" (I work from home in front of a computer all day)
3. Love to cook - great source for tools and recipes
4. Solid company/great business model

1. To support my PC habit (pc addict, thank you....)
2. Extra $ (although not too much lately)
3. To get out of the house once in a while...for something I want to do!

and I also have to get a "why bag" together!!

Why I started:

loved the products and the ability to earn them for free
extra money to pay off student loans
I love people and I love to cook

Why I am still doing it:

it allows me to work when I want to work and when I can work
allows me to stay at home with my twins
opportunity to earn free products
extra money
all the great friends
I love to cook and I love meeting new people

Related to Discover Your Why: Finding Purpose and Motivation in Your PC Business

1. How can I discover my why in my PC business?

To discover your why in your PC business, take some time to reflect on your values, passions, and strengths. Think about what truly motivates you and drives you to succeed. You can also seek guidance from mentors or attend personal development workshops to help you discover your why.

2. Why is it important to know my why in my PC business?

Knowing your why can give your business a sense of purpose and direction. It can also help you stay motivated and focused during challenging times. When you are clear on your why, you can better align your actions and decisions with your goals and values.

3. Can my why change over time in my PC business?

Yes, your why can change over time as you grow and evolve personally and professionally. It is important to regularly revisit and reassess your why to ensure that it still aligns with your current values and goals.

4. How can I use my why to attract customers in my PC business?

Your why can be a powerful tool for attracting customers who share similar values and beliefs. Use your why to create a compelling brand story and showcase the passion and purpose behind your business. This can help you connect with your target audience on a deeper level.

5. How can I use my why to motivate my team in my PC business?

Sharing your why with your team can help them understand the bigger picture and feel more connected to the purpose of your business. This can increase their motivation and drive, leading to a more engaged and productive team. You can also encourage your team members to discover their own why and align it with the goals of the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • feather18
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedape