• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Challenges & Finding Motivation

And, like I said, there is no pressure - you can always change your mind later if you want to. Take care.
feather18
Hey guys and gals! Lately with everything that has happened (miscarriage:cry: ) I have not had time, or felt like honestly to do ANYTHING with PC. I have been debating taking a break. I am more than capable :blushing: of continuing, I just dont feel like it. , OK like i have a host that has a show Dec 8th, well i havent had time to call her with all that has gone on in the past 2 weeks, so now i have to call her to either continue with show or cancel, and i am DREADING:yuck: :yuck: it. i dont know why. or i have others that are catty shows that are out that i need to call and wrap up.. why dont i feel like doing anything? I NEED the money, we want to get out of debt, but i just cant make my self do it. HELP!!! Give me the motivation i need to get my butt up and do it!! UGH:yuck: .

ok well love to all!:D

Good night, fixing to go to sleep in my NEW mattress !! Hehe..hope i sleep well. :indif:

Ah Heather...I am so sorry about your miscarriage. It sounds like you are busy, but also that you are feeling "down". A miscarriage will do that to you. I had a miscarriage 19 years ago and it was tough for a little while. I was newly married, in college, working full time. My grades that semester were awful because once I was put on bed rest, I basically quit school. I showed up for finals, but didn't do much good. And, it was almost Christmas. I finally just made a decision to keep myself busy and not dwell on it. I went back to school and work. Perhaps if you just make the decision to finish these shows, by the time you get them closed you will be back on your feet. If you decide to take a break, you will know that you at least gave it a try and your not up to it right now. There is no pressure. This is your business. I wish you the best and I say a little prayer for you right now.

Good night.

Sounds like you have had a lot going on! I sometimes get feeling this way too. I am a Director on top of that. The thing is you just have to keep on moving onward and upward. And you will probably feel better getting out and doing the show. It always does for me! I have been a Con for 5 1/2 years, and I think alot of us feel this way sometimes. Just don't ever give up, and it will pay off in the long run.

I hope this helps!

sorry for your loss---make a list of pro's and cons of having a full and fun sched----see if you love the new items 08----
at this point i wd only work with really fun people----take it from there!!

Heather, I am so sorry for your loss ~ and it is completely understandable to be down, and not feeling like doing much. I struggled with similar feelings after one of my best friends died of cancer last New Years. Nothing else just seemed important enough to warrant my attention. I did let a couple shows fall through the cracks during that time - but for the most part, once I did contact my hosts, and explain to them what had kept me from keeping in touch - they were all very understanding. In the long run (and in hindsight) the best thing for me was to get out again with people and be busy. I didn't feel like it, but I did it - and now, I am glad I did.

And, Dec. 8 is still far enough away that, with your host, you can put together a great show!

Please be kind to yourself. It is TOUGH to get through a miscarriage. You need time to feel however you want to feel.

What are some tips for staying motivated when facing challenges?

1. Set realistic goals: Break down the challenge into smaller, achievable goals that you can work towards.2. Surround yourself with support: Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage and motivate you.3. Celebrate small victories: Acknowledge and celebrate even the smallest achievements, as they can keep you motivated to continue pushing forward.4. Stay positive: Maintain a positive attitude and believe in yourself and your abilities.5. Take breaks: It's important to take breaks and recharge your mind and body in order to stay motivated in the long run.

How can I overcome self-doubt and fear when facing challenges?

1. Identify the root cause: Identify what is causing your self-doubt and fear. Is it a lack of confidence or past experiences?2. Challenge negative thoughts: When negative thoughts arise, challenge them with positive affirmations and evidence of your past successes.3. Practice self-care: Take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally to build resilience and confidence.4. Seek support: Talk to a trusted friend, family member, or mentor who can provide encouragement and support.5. Take action: Take small steps towards your goals to build momentum and overcome self-doubt and fear.

What role does mindset play in overcoming challenges and finding motivation?

Mindset is crucial in overcoming challenges and finding motivation. A growth mindset, where you believe that you can improve and learn from failures, can help you stay resilient and motivated when facing challenges. On the other hand, a fixed mindset, where you believe that your abilities are fixed and cannot be changed, can lead to self-doubt and lack of motivation. It's important to cultivate a growth mindset and believe in your ability to overcome challenges and achieve your goals.

How can I stay focused and avoid distractions when working towards my goals?

1. Set specific and realistic goals: Having a clear goal in mind can help you stay focused and avoid distractions.2. Create a plan: Develop a plan with specific steps and timelines to help you stay on track.3. Eliminate or minimize distractions: Identify potential distractions and try to eliminate or minimize them as much as possible.4. Take breaks: It's important to take breaks to recharge and refocus your mind.5. Practice mindfulness: Stay present and focused on the task at hand, rather than letting your mind wander to distractions.

How can I use past failures to motivate me instead of discouraging me?

1. Reframe your perspective: Instead of viewing failures as defeats, see them as opportunities to learn and grow.2. Analyze and learn from your failures: Reflect on what went wrong and what you could have done differently. Use this knowledge to improve and avoid making the same mistakes in the future.3. Remember your successes: Remind yourself of past successes and how you overcame challenges to achieve them.4. Use failure as motivation: Use your past failures as motivation to push yourself and work harder towards your goals.5. Stay resilient: Understand that failure is a natural part of the journey towards success and use it as motivation to keep moving forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrssyvo