• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Consultant Woes - Can You Help Me Help Her?!

In summary, the consultant was struggling until she came to a meeting and learned about her show average. The meeting helped her resolve to have a great summer and earn more money.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I have a consultant on my team who REALLY wants to grow her business and has been struggling for some time. Last January she was about to throw in the towel until she came to my meeting and learned that she had the highest show average in the team - I made a big deal about it which helped I think (I do think that's a big deal!).

In March/April she was still struggling but was resolved to have a great summer and earn SAT products. I was struggling then too and shared the wisdom I have gotten from here and CS and especially from my Executive Director. We both held Spring preview shows neither of which were highly successful but she did get bookings and did reach $1600 in sales in June to earn level 2!

Well, no July bookings and August hosts have cancelled on her. She is doing everything I suggest, we have gone over the words she uses, she says she asks everyone at shows, she has called everyone she knows - more than once, has asked for referrals. She has not been able to locate any fairs in her area right now. She has taken the on-line courses (just this week)...

I have suggested she use the approaches that consultants who move use to build business.

What do you all suggest I can do besides all this to get her going? She could be an awesome consultant - has a great personallity, knowledge, etc., etc.

I have suggested she grow a team to get those leads too but she doesn't have shows right now and that is obviously her focus.

HELP!!

You've made all of the suggestions...Start asking her questions... use the questions in the Coaching New Consultants Guide pages 18-19... if they think of things on their own, they're more open to them and sometimes hearing the same thing put a little different can help.(PS: You can download the guide on CC). Good luck!

let her listen to the cd Move it--etc--Send her my new class--Or tell her to call me--

morfia said:
let her listen to the cd Move it--etc--Send her my new class--Or tell her to call me--

Do I have your phone number?

Has she tried Pampering businesses? I did a salon just yesterday, and walked out with $170 in orders and went back to pick up my bar pan today and got another $20 order. Everytime I have done this, I have gotten enough orders to make a show, booked a show, or gotten a recruit lead. It's another way to get your name out there and boost your sales. I am planning to do a dentist office where a former host works on Tuesday.

Are there any farmer's markets in the area? I'm planning to go to two or three next Saturday with my logo wear and some catalogs in my bag--she could even check into a booth there, although the ones in my area require that you have a booth each week--not sure if they're all like that or not.

One other idea--I'm doing a booking blitz in August like the 12 days of Christmas thing--book a show on this date, have a minimum in sales and get a product free--I'm just kicking it off, so I'll let you know if I have any takers!
My sales have been down the last couple of months, as well, so we just have to keep trying things until something works for us! You may have already told her about all these ideas, but just thought they might help!

Lisa, thanks for your ideas! I have mentioned pampering a business and fairs but hadn't thought of farmer's markets. She is to quote her "agressively" on the phone today so that's her booking blitz. She is very laid back so I'm not too concerned about what she means by agressive.

...and WELCOME TO THIS SITE!! :cool: You're gonna love it here! :sun:

we talked 35 minutes I think she is good to go--

morfia said:
we talked 35 minutes I think she is good to go--
Thanks. I was away from the phone/computer and missed you. Let me know what works for you tomorrow!

You are the best!

Thanks, Beth! I've been lurking for awhile--I promoted Feb. 1! I do love it here already!
Just another little idea for your gal--I've been challenging myself to try to bring up Pampered Chef to as many people as I can running errands, etc, just to see what happens, and it's been working! I got a September show at the make-up counter the other night--the saleslady mentioned the town where she lived and I said it was a really pretty area--I told her I was a pc consultant and had done several shows in her town--and she's doing a September show. I also sold a large stone with handles to the lady at the purse counter at Macy's. I told her I was really excited to be buying the bag--I had earned the money from my PC incentives, and she was thrilled to find a new consultant and is ordering a stone. It's amazing what can happen when you just let people know what you do!

Great job! The key is to do it so often- it becomes a habit and comes out naturally.

Yes, it definitely gets easier to step outside of that comfort zone!! And tell everyone your goals! I met a wonderful woman from the Home Office on an incentive trip a couple years ago. It was the year I was THIS CLOSE to TPC in sales and I told her my goal. So she said "I'll have a show for you!!!" and she had a HWC catalog show for me that year. Then this year she had a Cooking Show for me, which was $1100! It never hurts to broadcast your goals. :)

That's a great point--I always share my trip goals at my shows, but I'm going to start sharing that and my recruiting goals with everyone I can--people do love to help others out. I've recruited two new consultants since the new promotion started, and my goal is at least two more before August 31!

What are some common struggles that consultants face?

Some common struggles that consultants may face include difficulty booking parties or events, challenges with finding new customers, balancing their business with other responsibilities, and dealing with rejection or negative feedback.

How can I support and help my consultant?

There are several ways you can support and help your consultant. First, you can attend and invite others to their parties or events. You can also share their social media posts and refer friends or family members who may be interested in their products. Additionally, offering to help with administrative tasks or providing positive feedback can also be helpful.

What can a consultant do to overcome these challenges?

Consultants can overcome challenges by setting clear goals and creating a plan to reach them. They can also reach out to their upline or fellow consultants for support and advice. Networking and attending training events can also provide valuable resources for overcoming struggles.

How can technology help with consultant woes?

Technology can be a valuable tool for consultants to help with booking parties, managing customer databases, and promoting their business. Social media platforms, email marketing, and online party options can all be beneficial in reaching a wider audience and increasing sales.

What are some tips for staying motivated as a consultant?

To stay motivated as a consultant, it's important to remind yourself of the reasons why you started your business and the goals you want to achieve. Setting small, achievable goals and celebrating successes can also help with motivation. Surrounding yourself with other positive and motivated consultants can also provide encouragement and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • finley1991