• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Help! Mortgage Co. Rejected New Consultant's Pampered Chef Paystubs

In summary, the consultant is having trouble getting the mortgage company to accept her pay stubs from PC as her income. She has called HO three times and has not been successful. She has also suggested contacting the Finance Department numbers, but will not know until tomorrow if that works. The best option for the consultant seems to be to get a co-signer for her loan or to try a credit union.
pckelly
I have a newer consultant who is in the process of purchasing a home. The mortgage company has rejected her PC paystubs (?) and instead, want a statement from PC stating her income to date.

She's called HO 3 times and hasn't been successful in getting what she needs. I suggested she call the Finance Department numbers, but won't know until tomorrow if that works.

Anyone experienced this? Any help out there on where to go next?

I don't have an answer but I do know that one of the top NED's had the same problem. Have her also contact her sales manager for advice on what to do.

Just a thought -- she is new, so probably started just this year -- she (or you) can click on her name in Consultant Connection -- at the TOP -- and the screen that pops up will show 'income to date' for this year. She can hit "CTRL" + "Prnt Scr" and print it.If they want something more professional, she will have to wait. As far as I know, though, mortgage companies do not even consider DS income unless you have been in it for 2 years.

She won't get it. She's not EMPLOYED by PC. She's an independent contractor. I went through the same thing when I applied for a mortgage a few years ago. Very few mortgage companies will work with ICs. My BF is one as well and finally got his mortgage approved after talking with 3 companies. As soon as the first two heard he is an IC, they refused to work with him because since he's not an employee, he can't prove that he'll have consistent income going forward. Her best bet is to get a co-signer for her loan. That's what I ended up having to do. Or she could try a credit union. But HO can't help her. Legally they can't verify her employment. :(

jwpamp said:
As far as I know, though, mortgage companies do not even consider DS income unless you have been in it for 2 years.

Yes... I've been with PC 14 years and they wouldn't accept it and BF has been with his company 22 years.

It's not pretty out there in mortgage world...

Thanks for the info. Argg. I don't want this to be a bad taste thing for this consultant. While it's not PC's fault that the mortgage company is being stinky, she has left 3 messages and NO ONE has called her back from HO. That doesn't bode well for someone who is going to be told that her income from PC won't count toward her eligibility for a loan.

Agreed. And I find that financial is the worst to get a call back from. :(

1. What are "New Consultant's Pampered Chef Paystubs"?

"New Consultant's Pampered Chef Paystubs" refer to the paystubs of an individual who recently became a consultant for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company specializing in kitchen tools and cooking products.

2. Why would a mortgage company reject these paystubs?

A mortgage company may reject these paystubs because they may not consider income from direct sales as stable or reliable. Additionally, the paystubs may not provide a clear breakdown of the consultant's income and expenses, making it difficult for the mortgage company to accurately assess their financial stability.

3. Can a mortgage company legally reject these paystubs?

Yes, a mortgage company has the right to reject any paystubs or income sources that they deem unstable or unreliable. They are responsible for ensuring that the borrower has a stable and consistent source of income to make mortgage payments.

4. What can the consultant do if their paystubs are rejected?

The consultant can provide additional documentation, such as bank statements or tax returns, to show the stability of their income. They can also try to get a letter from Pampered Chef verifying their income and job stability. If all else fails, they may need to find alternative sources of income or wait until they have a longer track record as a consultant.

5. Is there a way to prevent the rejection of Pampered Chef paystubs in the future?

Yes, the consultant can try to provide more detailed and consistent documentation of their income, such as monthly profit and loss statements or a letter from their accountant. They can also try to get a longer track record as a consultant, which may make their income more stable and reliable in the eyes of the mortgage company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeth2