• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Coaching People Who Seem Willing....

In summary, my new, young, shy consultants are having a hard time getting their friends to host their shows. They don't have a full list of 100 people and have had "Grand Opening" shows where only 2 people showed up. I've gone through bookings training with them and tried coaching them on who to call, how to ask, what to do when someone says no, but I can't seem to get them to actually do it. I think it would help if I held them
PamperedK
Silver Member
I have 2 new, very young, very shy consultants on my team. I want them to do well and I think they want to do well...but I can't seem to get them to do what they say they will do. They are both friends, btw and have the same circle of friends.

neither of them have a full list of 100 - they say they can't think of anyone else. Both of them have had "Grand Opening" shows where 2 people showed up and no one bought anything. These girls are having a hard time getting their friends to host because they live with their parents and none of them have the money to buy anything - and I also did shows with a few of them before these girls signed.

One of my girls is also calling one person at a time. She'll call Sally and leave a message (or Sally will say let me think about it I'll call you back) and then she'll wait to hear back from Sally before she'll call the next person on her list. I've gone through bookings training with both of them and tried coaching them on who to call, how to ask, what to do when someone says no....but I can't seem to get them to actually do it!

any suggestions you have for keeping them accountable to themselves would be greatly appreciated.

Winnipegk said:
I have 2 new, very young, very shy consultants on my team. I want them to do well and I think they want to do well...but I can't seem to get them to do what they say they will do. They are both friends, btw and have the same circle of friends.

neither of them have a full list of 100 - they say they can't think of anyone else. Both of them have had "Grand Opening" shows where 2 people showed up and no one bought anything. These girls are having a hard time getting their friends to host because they live with their parents and none of them have the money to buy anything - and I also did shows with a few of them before these girls signed.

One of my girls is also calling one person at a time. She'll call Sally and leave a message (or Sally will say let me think about it I'll call you back) and then she'll wait to hear back from Sally before she'll call the next person on her list. I've gone through bookings training with both of them and tried coaching them on who to call, how to ask, what to do when someone says no....but I can't seem to get them to actually do it!

any suggestions you have for keeping them accountable to themselves would be greatly appreciated.

not to be Debbie Downer, but I think we are all seeking the answer to that question!;)

Haha yeah I guess, eh? I guess I could ask...how do I keep them accountable to ME? I know when I have a call scheduled with my Director, I want to have good news for her - the last thing I want to do is say I didn't do it. Maybe that's just me.

I asked some on my team this, "How would you like me to hold you accountable?" Most of them said, "I don't want you to."What do I do with THAT?

Oh my. What do you say to that?? I guess it's their business....

Help those new consultants (not just the young ones) to think of people outside of their circle of friends. Take the time to ask them, "Do you have any cousins that would have a show? What about your mom or your aunts? What about your neighbors? Do you think your friend's mom would have a show?"

If they are not comfortable asking these people to have a show, they might want to have another open house. Who did they invite to their first open house? We all know that a successful open house takes 100-150 invites; did these young women send out 10 and both to the same people? Even if you can help them each come up with 40 different people to invite they would each have 10-15 people attend. Then help them extend their cirlce to invite even further than family. Who do you know from church and your bank? Have you gone to the same hair dresser all your life; invite her. What about the front desk people at her doctor, dentist and chiropractor. Do they have jobs? At the same place? Could they ask people at work?

It might also work for these young women to walk them step-by-step through another open house. I always like the "mystery host" open houses for new consultants. It doesn't cost them to give away the host benefits and it generates a lot of interest and it is a fun way to start their businesses.

For myself, I find that it is so easy for me to tell my consultants what they need to do to fix the problem. And, of course, they don't do it. I have found that if I ask them if they want ideas, they say yes and then they do it. I have also found that I need to set up a follow up appoitment. I say, "Let's set a follow-up phone call. What ideas that we talked about today do you like the best?" Once they pick one or two I ask them how much time they need to do these ideas, 2 or 3 days, and then scheduled the follow up appointment.

If you have consultants that don't want to be held acountable, ask them, "What do you want me to do for you?" You will know exactly what they want from you. You can still go through asking if they want ideas and then giving them one or two. They can still pick an idea and try it. Instead of setting an appointment they can call you when they have done the idea and fill you in on how it went. Of course, if it is not your office time, they can leave a message!!!!

A great line that WORKS when they say I don't know what to do is: If you did know, what would you do? :devil: It is amazing the ideas they come up with! Have them call you back with their results when they have done their idea. If they don't call you back and they don't do anything, I hate to be harsh, but don't waste your time. I have learned that I can't want my consultants to succeed more than they do.

Michelle

I was once told to think of the LIst of 100 as if it were the guest list to your wedding....for that event, you would typically invite people that were out of your loop.

1. How do I approach coaching someone who seems willing but lacks confidence?

The first step is to acknowledge their willingness and let them know that you believe in them. Encourage them to share their thoughts and ideas, and provide positive feedback. Offer to work with them one-on-one to build their confidence and skills.

2. What techniques can I use to motivate someone who seems willing but is easily discouraged?

One technique is to set achievable goals and celebrate their progress along the way. Encourage them to focus on their strengths and provide specific feedback to help them improve. Remind them that setbacks are a natural part of the learning process and offer support and guidance to help them overcome challenges.

3. How do I handle a situation where someone seems willing but is not following through on their commitments?

Start by having an open and honest conversation about their responsibilities and the impact of their actions on the team or project. Ask them if there are any obstacles or challenges that are preventing them from following through, and offer support and resources to help them meet their commitments. If the behavior continues, it may be necessary to address it through a performance improvement plan.

4. What do I do if someone seems willing but is not receptive to feedback or suggestions?

It's important to respect their boundaries and approach the situation with empathy. Ask for their perspective and listen actively to their concerns. If they are not open to feedback, try to find common ground and collaborate on finding solutions together. If the issue persists, it may be helpful to involve a neutral third party or a supervisor for additional support.

5. How can I continue to support and coach someone who seems willing but is facing personal challenges?

Start by showing compassion and understanding for their situation. Offer to adjust their workload or provide additional resources to help them manage their personal challenges. Continue to communicate and check in with them regularly, and provide support and encouragement as needed. It may also be helpful to connect them with resources outside of work that can support them through their personal challenges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • beepampered