• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Cake-Like Brownies in a Large Bar Pan?

they were a big hit!Where did you get a HWC stencil??I bought the HWC Stencil last year (can't remember if it was May or October or if it was from the Outlet)... it came with a large one for cakes and a small one for cupcakes or whatever. I ended up using 2 brownie mixes for 9x13 and added the extra egg. Made them in the LBP with parchment paper so they would be easy to get out. I used a chocolate glaze on them (powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk, or something like that). Then I cut them up and stenciled the ribbon with powdered sugar. I put them in individual z
ChefPaulaB
Just wondering, when you make brownies in the large bar pan, so you add the extra egg for the cake like brownies? And do they turn out good? I'm wanting brownies that are somewhat cake like that I can add a glaze or frosting too so that I can use the HWC stencil with powdered sugar onto them. But I'd like to make them in the LBP so that I have a lot. I have the family size mix... will it get thick enough or do I need to double the mix or add something else or what? TIA!!!

ChefPaulaB said:
Just wondering, when you make brownies in the large bar pan, so you add the extra egg for the cake like brownies? And do they turn out good? I'm wanting brownies that are somewhat cake like that I can add a glaze or frosting too so that I can use the HWC stencil with powdered sugar onto them. But I'd like to make them in the LBP so that I have a lot. I have the family size mix... will it get thick enough or do I need to double the mix or add something else or what? TIA!!!

You can make them in the LBP cake like or fudgy. A family size mix will work, but I like to do 2 mixes, so they are thicker. I've done 2 9x13 mixes or also a 9x13 and a 9x9(or 8x8, whichever) They are pretty thin when you do just one 9x13 - I usually only do that when I am going to use them for a trifle. (they bake faster and cool faster because they are thinner)

I've made them in the LBP, but I haven't ever added the extra egg.....but if you are wanting the cake-like consistency, then yes, that will do it. They do tend to be a bit thinner, but personally, I kinda like 'em like that!

I always do them in the LBP, but I use two mixes like Becky. I love mine thicker and fudgy and they always turn out awesome.

Thank you ladies! I'm thinking for what I need them for I might need to add at least another smaller mix to the 9x13 and maybe add the extra egg... It's for a bake sale to raise money for the Relay for Life and I really wanted to put the HWC stencil on it, so I think they need to be a little thicker, cake like to add the frosting to make the stencil stick, don't you?

ChefPaulaB said:
Thank you ladies! I'm thinking for what I need them for I might need to add at least another smaller mix to the 9x13 and maybe add the extra egg... It's for a bake sale to raise money for the Relay for Life and I really wanted to put the HWC stencil on it, so I think they need to be a little thicker, cake like to add the frosting to make the stencil stick, don't you?
Yeah, I would do what you are doing!

Please report back and let us know how the brownies turned out. Don't leave us hanging. :)

ChefPaulaB said:

Where did you get a HWC stencil??

I bought the HWC Stencil last year (can't remember if it was May or October or if it was from the Outlet)... it came with a large one for cakes and a small one for cupcakes or whatever. I ended up using 2 brownie mixes for 9x13 and added the extra egg. Made them in the LBP with parchment paper so they would be easy to get out. I used a chocolate glaze on them (powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk, or something like that). Then I cut them up and stenciled the ribbon with powdered sugar. I put them in individual ziplock sandwich bags and blew a little air in them with a straw so that they wouldn't flatten down and smear the powdered sugar. I took them to the bake sale and sold one or two right away and then about an hour later one lady bought all of the rest. They were really cute and tasted really good (I had to sample one just to make sure). I think that I would've been fine using a 9x13 mix and a regular (8x8) mix but the store I went to didn't have any of the smaller mixes without nuts and I didn't want nuts. These were really good though.

What is a HWC?

HWC is Help Whip Cancer.

What are the dimensions of the Large Bar Pan?

The Large Bar Pan from Pampered Chef measures 17" x 11" x 1.5", making it the perfect size for making brownies.

Can I use the Large Bar Pan for other desserts besides brownies?

Yes, the Large Bar Pan is versatile and can be used for a variety of desserts, such as blondies, lemon bars, and even sheet cakes.

Do I need to grease the Large Bar Pan before baking brownies?

No, the Large Bar Pan has a non-stick coating, so there is no need to grease it before baking. This also makes for easy cleanup.

How many servings does the Large Bar Pan make?

The Large Bar Pan can make 12 large or 24 small brownies, depending on how you cut them.

Can the Large Bar Pan be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the Large Bar Pan is safe to use in the oven and microwave. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
purrbal
  • ChefJWarren