• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Belinda Ellsworth Success Express

In summary, Success Express is an online resource created by Belinda Ellsworth, who used to be in direct sales. It includes newsletters, an "Ask Belinda" section, monthly audio sessions, and discounted products. The current sale offers three months for $15. Pamperedgirl3 has bought the 6 CD set of Step into Success and has seen results such as bookings and one person taking recruiting info. Anne has found the service extremely useful and suggests signing up with her name as a referral.
pamperedgirl3 said:
Well, I went ahead & signed up today. I used your name, Anne!!
Thanks! I really hopw it helps you as much as it has helped me!!

I just signed up about 20 minutes ago (don't have my password yet, so can't login...hubby took over the computer that grabs that particular email account), but it hasn't asked me for any referrer info (my director loaned me to Step into Success tapes, so I probably should put her). Do they ask you that when you can finally login?

Don't your children DESERVE fresh peanut butter? And HAVE you ever sat there thinking that you NEED hair with doo-wops? ROTFLOL I LOVE that tape set and have listened to it 5 times so far in the past week while driving (the car is the only place I have an actual tape deck). :D

jentapp said:
Don't your children DESERVE fresh peanut butter? And HAVE you ever sat there thinking that you NEED hair with doo-wops? ROTFLOL I LOVE that tape set and have listened to it 5 times so far in the past week while driving (the car is the only place I have an actual tape deck). :D

"Honey, I just bought HAIR!!!! Whoo-hoo"

LOL

I actually DID buy that Secret Hair stuff about 14yrs ago (bought a "wing wing wing wing" stick blender, too, but never made the strawberry whipped topping...maybe I should go dig it out and make some...LOL).

I have hair "issues," so I laughed when she asked if anyone sits there thinking they need to buy new hair (all of the kids I see ask me how my hair grew SO FAST and are almost always amazed when I tell them that I have "magic hair"). :D

Do we still have to pay for the conference calls if we subscribed to Success Express? I wanted to do those and I thought someone said they were free but when I go to register is says it will cost 15.00

There are conference calls three times a month that are included.

Thanks and do they email us the monthly newsletters, I wish I could print out the current one without having to open all the links.

You can sign up for the weekly one free. And, be sure to use the search engine. Its great!

I just signed up :D I took a leap of faith, as we didn't have a lot of extra money left from our budget, but this is going to be too good for me to pass up! I've decided I want to pay off all our credit card debt by the end of 2007 -- this is an investment that will help me to do that! Thanks for bringing this up girls.. I'm so excited I can't stop checking my email for my password! LOL(Anne, I used your name as a referral.)

Anne, you won't have to pay for your subscription for like 3 years!! I must say though, thank you for referring it b/c I LOVE all of Belinda's info & my sales have consistently been higher than ever before using her techniques!

What is this success thing. I didnt go to conference so I feel in the dark?? Is there a website you can refer me to???

It's www.stepintosuccess.com. Belinda has cds of her workshops that are WONDERFUL! She has great ideas for booking & recruiting. She also has a management cd too. Then she has a website that you can sign up to be on ($15 a month, but right now it's $15 for the first 3 months!) that has an abundance of info on all sorts of business topics like organization, motivation, as well as bookings, recruiting, and more. Everything I've gotten from her has been VERY helpful! I have not left a show that I've done applying her techniques without a booking or three.

I wrote to "Ask Belinda" the other day, and she wrote me back. A long, thoughtful reply. I think she's awesome.

KimmyDarling said:
I wrote to "Ask Belinda" the other day, and she wrote me back. A long, thoughtful reply. I think she's awesome.
I think that is sooo impressive. I have written a bunch of times. She's probably tired of me!

What all do you write to her about? I sometimes think of questions to ask, but then I think that maybe they aren't "important" enough to send to her!

She would be the first one to say send it anyway! I asked about my HAN and letting go of inactive consultants... ask anything!

Thanks Anne! I'll write to her this week! Perhaps I'll ask about my waffling recruit leads!

I asked her about newsletters.Definitely ask!

KimmyDarling said:
I asked her about newsletters.

Definitely ask!

Kimmy,
What did she have to say about newsletters?

ChefBeckyD said:
Kimmy,
What did she have to say about newsletters?

I was listening to one of her audios the other day (not sure which month) & she had some tips for writing monthly newsletters. She said to put valuable info in there, not just specials. To put recipes, cooking tips, tips about products, etc. She also said to make sure that you ask people to forward it to others who may benefit from the contents.

Here's what she wrote:"Dear Kim,Thanks for writing about the content of your newsletters. It sounds like you're on the right track. The main thing is to bring value to the customer without necessarily asking for the sale, i.e., you are "spot on" with giving new recipes and ideas on how to use the products. Just make them for information only, not connected to a sales plug.When talking about or showing the current monthly hostess specials, you could use verbiage such as: "Remember, you can always do a catalog show to take advantage of these fabulous specials." Or, "Remember, just by gathering a few orders, you can take advantage of this fabulous special for December!"Regarding recruiting or sharing the opportunity, use the third-party
approach: "The Pampered Chef opportunity still continues to be a lucrative one, so if you know of someone who could use additional income, I offer excellent referral gifts." Using the third-party approach is effective for getting referrals . . . and remember, many people refer themselves!Hope this helps, and thanks again for writing.To your success,Belinda Ellsworth"I just LOOOOOOVE her!!!!! :)

I just sent her a question about recruit leads. I'm looking forward to getting an answer!

Oh, good! Be sure to share it with us when she does, ok? :)

Will do! Thanks for sharing your newsleter response! I am SO glad she was at conference! I didn't see her workshop (won't ever make THAT mistake again!), but b/c of everyone talking about it here, I got her tapes & such.

Here are the questions I sent!Sorry this is so long! But I just LOVE her responses! She really takes the time!

MY QUESTION: Comments Hi, again! We are in the final days of our Host Appreciation Night. What questions would you suggest we include on our door prize slips/questionaires?

BELINDA’S RESPONSE: Thank you for writing about questions to include on your door prize slips/questionnaires. I think the first couple of questions should center around product; the next, on bookings, and the last, on the opportunity. So, you could word your first question: "I am interested in purchasing new products," with a yes, maybe or no to circle.

You could structure your next question around one of your higher-ticket items, such as the cookware. So, the next question could be: "I would be interested in updating my cookware within the next year." Then you could have two options: "I would like to purchase it," or, "I would be interested in getting it at a discount by having a show."

The next question could be: "I would like to host a Pampered Chef home party or an Express Show," with the option of yes or maybe. I have talked to several PC consultants who are doing what they're calling Express Shows, which is great for those who have been to lots of parties and have many PC items. The Express Shows are short and sweet. The host doesn't buy any food (just simple refreshments) and the consultant only shows the newest products. It's kind of a regular party supplement or "update," if you will.

The last question should be geared to the opportunity: "I would be interested in earning additional income by doing something fun!" Yes or maybe.

Keep your questions light and fun -- and always go through the questions and have people fill out the questionnaires with you. It is so much more effective. When you're talking about those who are interested in having a show, you can do a special drawing, as well as those who mark yes or maybe on the opportunity question.

I hope these suggestions help, and thanks again for writing. I hope you have a very successful event.

MY QUESTION: On one of your CDs you suggest at some point that letting go of the consultants on your team who are not putting an effort into their business. At what point do you make that decision? And do you let the consultant know?

BELINDA’S RESPONSE: Thank you for writing about when to "let go." While there's no actual set time or circumstance, you usually know when someone is no longer interested when there is no activity, they won't call you back, or they are no longer attending meetings or conference calls.

I don't advise you to make an "official notification" to the person that you will no longer be working with her. You can simply begin to contact her less often -- and in most cases, she won't even realize that you're doing anything differently.

I truly feel that we always want to keep the door open. We never know whether or not at some point down the road, that person may become interested in restarting her business or coming back. If she thinks you've cut her off or officially excluded her, she may never come back to the business (or go somewhere else). But if she feels the door is always open, that you're there if and when she ever needs anything, etc., then the relationship is kept on a positive note. Who knows? She may even refer someone to you in the future -- or be a hostess for you!

Hope this helps, and thanks again for writing.

MY QUESTION:
Hi! I am sooo excited! I have listened to your event and opportunity audios and I am doing a cluster-wide Hostess Appreciation Night. My team is very new and I need to provide them with good words to >use when they follow up on the invitations they send out. I know what they say to their host is going to make or break this night! While I have found some good things on the site, I always want more! Any suggestions?

BELINDA’S RESPONSE: Thank you for writing about how to follow up when inviting hostesses to your upcoming Hostess Appreciation event.

I think the most important thing is to make sure they invite every hostess, not just the ones they think will receive the top sales and booking awards. Let them know that there will be lots of hostess recognition for everyone in attendance, i.e., door prizes, drawings, giveaways, etc.

In the past, one of the biggest problems has been that people invited only the hostesses they thought had the highest shows, most bookings, etc., when in actuality, the events are designed to honor ALL hostesses, no matter what their show sales and/or bookings were. So be sure to convey to your team that this event is being held to honor all hostesses, clients, customers, friends, relatives, etc. for the contributions they have made to their businesses, no matter how large or small, so invite everyone!

When they're following up with their invitations, have them say, "I hope you're going to be able to make it -- it's our turn to throw a party for you! There will be door prizes, giveaways, drawings and lots of fun and excitement -- so I hope you won't miss it!"

Just as with our home shows, we hostess coach to over-invite and place a personal call, as those are the two things that will ensure good attendance. The same goes for your Hostess Appreciate event: over-invite and place personal follow-up calls. Stress fun, excitement, and recognition -- and you will have a successful event!

Thanks again for writing, and here's to a fabulous hostess event!

I think she just ROCKS!!! I cannot WAIT to get my CDs!!!!!!!

how to record her audio clipshow do you record her monthly audio clips? I've tried through my Sonic CD program and through my Windows Media Player but in WMP it tells me that it cannot synchronize the clips so it won't let me burn them onto a cd. I want to be able to listen to her audios while I drive up to NY on Wednesday - can anyone help me out? Thanks!

I did a thing where I right clicked and did "save as" and it saved it for me. Forgive me, but I don't know much about burning things, but that's what my husband did.

I got my response from Belinda today! I had emailed her b/c I have several people taking my recruiting info at shows now, but when I go to call them to answer questions (when we've already decided on a good time to call) they let the machine get it or have a husband say they are busy. So I asked her for advice about that. Here's what she said:

Thanks for writing about your recruiting results. The whole idea of using
this system is to create the interest in more people. It sounds like you
are diligently handing out the packets; unfortunately, in today's society,
people don't always answer their phones, but that doesn't mean that they
aren't interested.

Please check out the three articles on this topic on our site: Recruit
Packets, Parts I, II and III (If you type this into the search engine, you
will find them). These articles outline exactly what to say when you call
and how much time to spend in follow-up.

The important thing to remember is that we are not focusing on the outcome,
we are focusing on simply creating the interest with at least three people
at every show. So, keep on doing what you're doing, and you will recruit!
You may even be pleasantly surprised, because sometimes everything seems to
happen all at once. You meet two or three very excited new people, then two
or three of those you tried to reach previously will call, and voila!
You've got a good group of new consultants to train and work with. It's
very exciting!

So, keep up the good work and keep doing what you're doing!

Great reply, Girl! I'm going to search for those articles, too.I just five minutes ago received my CDs! I am uploading them onto my iPod as I type this. I am so excited, and can't wait to listen to them!

I just decided to leave them in my car b/c I always want to listen to them there & they are always at home! I really love her enthusiasm in the Step into Success tapes--great to get you pumped up before a show!

I think I'm just going to do with recruiting what I do with booking. I'm not going to worry over how many people take packets or who meets with me--I'm just going to offer & what happens, happens. Doing that with booking has gotten me further--I now have 6 shows in January already when last year I had NONE!

OMG, I am *LOVING* the CDs-- I just want to write down almost every single thing she says!!!

Kimmy- I have them on my iPod as well, and the last few nights I have brought it to bed with me and listened to them. My DH falls asleep quickly and I lay there forever, so now I can get my Belinda fix while still going to bed with DH. It worked out great because he got to fall asleep to Sportscenter and I got to FINALLY listen to Belinda without babies interrupting!

Gillian,I do the SAME THING!!! For the past two nights, I've taken Belinda to bed with me!

I transcribed her booking, recruiting, show opening, and door prize slip talk and memorized them! LOL

AJPratt said:
I transcribed her booking, recruiting, show opening, and door prize slip talk and memorized them! LOL

Me too! I need to remember to listen to them & read my notes more often. Kind of forgot at my last two shows & it showed!

I want to do that, too. I think it will be really effective.OH, and raise your hand if you've googled Jose Eber's Secret Hair.
giggle.gif
http://www.dexpot.de/forum/images/smiles/wave.gif

That is my goal to do the rest of the month is what Anne has done, write it down and memorize it. I am also going to sign up by the end of the month the special $15 for three months. Unforunately money is tight for us right now and I am comitted to go to leadership which I am really looking forward to.

Ann

From the threads, it looks like everyone is getting their money's worth from her CDs.

What do you recommend purchasing for a first-timer who's choosing to this business full-time (or as close as I can get it!)?

I would recommend the Step Into Success cds. They cover booking, recruiting, customer service, etc. It's a 6 cd set. Well worth it! If you also subscribe to her Success Express online site ($15 a month, but right now it's $15 for the first three months), you will be able to get the Step into Success cds for $40 off.

One more referral coming your way Anne!!

gilliandanielle said:
One more referral coming your way Anne!!

Where has Annie been?????:confused:

lacychef said:
Where has Annie been?????:confused:

That's right--haven't seen many posts lately. Where are you, Anne??

Thanks for thinking of me! This week has just been insane. My job, my personal life, everything has just been out of control. I had our Annual Open House yesterday, and I just couldn't get my act together, everything was a huge ordeal. It finally came together yesterday at the last minute... thank God people were late. Now, I just have to complete my Christmas shopping.

Did you all know that the new CDs for SIS are different from the old audio tapes? I had listened to the old audios in the car (loaned to me by my director) and decided to get a set of the CDs to loan to my recruits since none of them have tape players. I decided to pop one in yesterday and "refresh" my memory only to find out that the new ones have her actually talking to PC consultants! It was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to hear the rest of them. :D

I have to admit- I saw Anne hadn't been here so I checked her profile to see when she last logged on.

From your loving CS stalker!!

gilliandanielle said:
I have to admit- I saw Anne hadn't been here so I checked her profile to see when she last logged on.

From your loving CS stalker!!
That's sweet and scary. LOL Just kidding!

OK - so I just received 3 packs of Belinda cassettes I bought form another consultant.
I got:

SIS:
Create Your Own Success
The Art of Booking
Recruiting "It's an Attitude"
Increasing Your Sales Average
+ 2 bonus tapes: ntro to Sales & Creating a Powerful Show Presentation

SIS:
Conducting Interviews
Setting the Stage for Growth
Diff Types of Events
How to Conduct the Event

SIS:
Management Series - How to Build a Million Dollar Organization

My question is this -- I have VERY limited time to listen to them - which ones should I listen to first!!?!??

I only have the first set you mentioned, but it is worth it! I have listened to it over and over and LOVE it! Very informative!!

dannyzmom said:
OK - so I just received 3 packs of Belinda cassettes I bought form another consultant.
I got:

SIS:
Create Your Own Success
The Art of Booking
Recruiting "It's an Attitude"
Increasing Your Sales Average
+ 2 bonus tapes: ntro to Sales & Creating a Powerful Show Presentation

SIS:
Conducting Interviews
Diff Types of Events
How to Conduct the Event

SIS:

My question is this -- I have VERY limited time to listen to them - which ones should I listen to first!!?!??

I would go with these first: SIS:
Conducting Interviews
Diff Types of Events
How to Conduct the Event

SIS:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views