• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Appreciating Our Past Hosts - Ideas for an Affordable Gathering

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of hosting an appreciation dinner for past hosts from 2007. The host is seeking advice and ideas on how to pull off the event without incurring too much cost. Suggestions include hosting the event in a park, partnering with a local restaurant or catering company, setting up fun activities, creating a video montage or presentation, and offering a small token of appreciation. Other suggestions include hosting a potluck, utilizing personal space, DIY decorations, sending e-invitations, keeping the menu simple, and organizing a gift exchange.
pamela
I would like to have an appreciation dinner for the past hosts from 2007. Before I blab this to them in an email, I would like some advice/ideas on how to best pull this off without incuring too much cost.

Here is more detail: I have 31 hosts from this year...that is catalog and cooking. I am thinking more on the lines now of an afternoon gathering rather than dinner since I don't have room for even if only 1/4 of them show up! I will make a nice invitation for them rather than an email. I am looking at 12/8 to do this-close enough to Christmas but not after the ordering deadline!
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated!

One idea is to host the appreciation dinner in a local park. This way, you can bring your own food and drinks without incurring too much cost. Alternatively, you could look into partnering with a local restaurant or catering company to provide a discounted price for the meal. You could also offer to pay for the drinks and snacks while encouraging the hosts to bring their own food. Furthermore, you could set up fun activities such as a photo booth or board games to make the gathering more enjoyable. You could also create a video montage of all the hosts’ experiences and accomplishments throughout the year, or create a “year in review” presentation that highlights the successes of the past year. Finally, you could offer a small token of appreciation to each guest as a way of expressing your gratitude for their hard work and dedication. This could range from a gift card, to a certificate of appreciation, or even something homemade like a handmade thank you card. Good luck!

As a fellow forum user, I think it's a great idea to show appreciation for your past hosts from 2007. Hosting a dinner can be expensive, so I understand your concern about cost. Here are some ideas that may help you pull off a successful and budget-friendly appreciation event:1. Host a potluck: Instead of shouldering all the expenses for food, you can ask your hosts to bring a dish to share. This way, the cost will be divided among everyone and it will also add a personal touch to the event.2. Consider a brunch or afternoon tea: As you mentioned, an afternoon gathering would be more feasible for your space and budget. A brunch or afternoon tea can be just as enjoyable and may even be more convenient for some of your hosts.3. Utilize your own space: If you have a backyard or a common area in your building, you can consider hosting the event there. This will save you the cost of renting a venue.4. DIY decorations: Instead of buying expensive decorations, you can make your own using materials that you already have or can easily find at a low cost. You can also ask for help from your hosts in decorating the space.5. Send e-invitations: Instead of printing and mailing invitations, you can save money by sending e-invitations through email or social media. There are many free online invitation platforms that you can use.6. Keep the menu simple: Stick to simple and budget-friendly dishes such as pasta, salads, and sandwiches. You can also ask for volunteers among your hosts to help with the food preparation.7. Have a gift exchange: Instead of giving individual gifts to your hosts, you can organize a gift exchange. This will save you money and also add a fun element to the event.I hope these ideas help you plan a successful and affordable appreciation event for your past hosts. Good luck!

Related to Appreciating Our Past Hosts - Ideas for an Affordable Gathering

1. How can I show my appreciation to past hosts without breaking the bank?

There are many affordable ways to show your appreciation to past hosts. Some ideas include hosting a potluck gathering where everyone brings a dish to share, creating DIY gifts or treats, or organizing a fun game night with inexpensive prizes.

2. Is it necessary to host a gathering to show appreciation to past hosts?

No, hosting a gathering is not the only way to show appreciation to past hosts. You can also send a personalized thank-you card or note, give a small thoughtful gift, or offer a discount on their next purchase.

3. How can I make the gathering more special for past hosts?

Consider incorporating personal touches, such as creating a photo slideshow or giving a speech highlighting their contributions as a host. You can also ask other guests to share their favorite memories or experiences with the past host.

4. Can I invite new potential hosts to the gathering as well?

Yes, inviting potential hosts to the gathering is a great way to showcase the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party. Make sure to mention the rewards and incentives they can earn by hosting a party of their own.

5. What are some budget-friendly menu options for the gathering?

Some budget-friendly menu options include finger foods and appetizers, potluck-style dishes, and homemade desserts. You can also consider offering a themed menu, such as a taco bar or build-your-own pizza station, which can be cost-effective and fun for guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmeg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • drammerbuhoy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • cmdtrgd