• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Credit Cards Being Double Charged

In summary, National Executive Director, Trainer & Coach Darla Oelmann recommends that people call their customers who had charged their orders in Dec and early this month to let them know about the issue of some cards being incorrectly charged. She also suggests that people check their own cards to make sure they were not one of the people affected.
cheftiffany
Hey I got this notice today from my NED and wanted to pass it on in case you all didn't get the same info.

Hi everyone,
Just a quick email to let you know that you many want to do some Customer Care calls to those that had charged their orders in Dec and early this month. It seems that some cards are being double charged or have random charges on them from Pampered Chef. I would make CALLS to alert them of this problem and that you are available to help them solve the problem if their card did indeed incur wrong charges.

This is just a heads up to be proactive in this situation rather than have an irate customer because of the wrong charges.

Check your own cards to see if this might have also happened to you! You may want to alert your TEAM as well. We thought this was just few that were effected but now it seems more people are realizing this issue.

Darla

Darla Oelmann
National Executive Director, Trainer & Coach

Seriously how do you call and let you customers know? It doesn't sound like a phone call I want to make.

cheftiffany said:
Seriously how do you call and let you customers know? It doesn't sound like a phone call I want to make.

Yeah, I don't think I would make that call. If someone called me with that issue I'd say something like: "Oh my! Give me the info and I'll call PC right now. They will take care of it right away." Or I'd have them call so that they can share what ever info HO would need to fix it faster. I would be sure to tell them that PC does care and will quickly take care of it. I'd also use that word that I rarely hear any more "I'm sorry". I'd then follow up to make sure it was fixed.

People understand that things happen. When they do it's upsetting but when it's fixed quickly and with a caring attitude they become an even more loyal customer.

...but to call everyone who charged on the chance that they might be one of those affected. I don't know. ...hasn't this happened before and not that long ago??

I agree Tiffany. I'm supposed to call them ALL? I barely get my 3 calls in a day! Ha!

I had one at my 1/09 show who got double charged...

The customer would most likely call you. I had it happen to one guest the last time they screwed up charging the cards a few months ago. They called me and I had HO reverse it....however, I also remember someone who had it done to one of their customers at the same time (it was 4 or 5 months ago, no?)....and she bounced SEVERAL checks. HO covered it, but what a mess!

When this happened in the past (last year?), my customers called me. They were all (3 of them that I remember) really nice to be about it. They LOVE PC and know that it was just a glitch and that it would be cleared up. They knew it wasn't me who messed up. 2 of the 3 were convinced it was Bank of America's fault and not PC's! But they were all fine with it...

And honestly PC needs to be going back through their records and looking for this as soon as they know it happened!!!

I think this must of happened in Nov. b/c my Aunt was double charged.....

It happened to one of my shows in December. The guests were really on top of their money and caught it right away. LOL! If it happened to me I don't know if I would ever pick up on it. I never check my balance!! It was a BIG hassle!! We submitted the party in time for Christmas delivery (on the 14th), but it took so long to clear up this mess that it wasn't released until the 20th!! However, HO did me a solid and she got it the NEXT DAY!! I was so happy about that! She was understanably upset!

I had a hostess and a customer call me this week with double charges but one charge was actually just a hold so not sure what is going on but I just advised but that it was a computer glitch and if the bank didnt release the hold to call me back and I would call PC.

1. Why was my credit card charged twice?

There could be a few reasons for a double charge on your credit card. It could be a mistake on our end, an authorization hold that was not released, or a pending transaction that was processed twice. Please contact our customer service team for assistance in resolving the issue.

2. How do I get a refund for the double charge?

If you have been double charged, please contact our customer service team with your order number and the amount that was charged. They will be able to assist you in getting a refund for the duplicate charge.

3. Will I be charged any additional fees for the double charge?

No, you will not be charged any additional fees for the double charge. We apologize for the inconvenience and will work to resolve the issue and refund any duplicate charges as quickly as possible.

4. How long will it take to receive a refund for the double charge?

Refunds for double charges are typically processed within 5-7 business days, depending on your bank's processing time. If you have not received a refund within this timeframe, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Can a double charge be prevented in the future?

We strive to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and without error. However, if you have experienced a double charge, please contact our customer service team so they can investigate and prevent it from happening again in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila