• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Dbl Charges on Visa's

In summary, a customer's order was charged twice on a show they watched over the weekend. There was a problem with all charges run on VISA cards on Saturday and Sunday, but it was not the fault of the customer or the banks involved. The finance department at home office sent through credits for the duplicate charges on Monday.
kaseydee
Gold Member
Just got this email & wanted to give everyone a heads up!

I just spoke with someone in the finance dept at home office. One of my customers emailed me this morning to tell me that she had been charged TWICE for her order on a show I transmitted over the weekend. The finance guy told me that there was a problem with all charges run on VISA cards on Sat. and Sun. (Mastercard and other credit cards were not affected, though if you enter your card numbers directly into the computer, you have no way to know which ones are visa, since the numbers are now cloaked.)

It was not the fault of Pampered Chef nor was it the fault of the banks involved. He said that they realized it and sent through credits for the duplicate charges on Monday, but it may not have showed up on people's bank statements yet. He gave me a file number (which I'm guessing may be different for each show) to give the customers, in case they were charged. Ex: Visa was a debit card, and double charge caused transactions to bounce and fees to be charged. He said that Visa would be responsible for the charges that were incurred.

I looked on my PC Visa and sure enough, I had double charges for both shows I transmitted over the weekend. They have not posted the credit yet. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, both for your PC visa charges and those of your customers. I hate to cause mass phone calls going to the finance dept, but I can't think of a way to handle it without getting the file numbers. You can call the solution center at 1-888-OUR-CHEF, if you submitted shows that had visa charges on them.

Look in P3 and the card used has the symbol in color...the rest not used are grayed out.

That happened last year too.

Wow, I hope my show submitted Monday was not affected!! I don't need more problems w/overdraft charges and my customers! I will scream!!

Sounds like I'm safe since it was over the weekend.

This happened to me! One of my customers called me upset and I called HO and they said, NOPE, that they didn't do it twice. I assumed after that it was her bank! GOOD TO KNOW! By the time I called her back the charge was gone.

What is a "dbl charge" on my Visa?

A "dbl charge" on your Visa refers to a duplicate charge, meaning that the same transaction was processed twice on your card.

Why should I be aware of dbl charges on my Visa?

Dbl charges on your Visa can result in you being overcharged and potentially causing financial strain. It's important to keep track of your transactions to ensure that you are not being charged twice for the same purchase.

How can I avoid dbl charges on my Visa?

To avoid dbl charges on your Visa, make sure to carefully review your transactions and keep track of your purchases. If you notice a duplicate charge, contact your bank or credit card company immediately to resolve the issue.

What should I do if I notice a dbl charge on my Visa?

If you notice a dbl charge on your Visa, contact your bank or credit card company as soon as possible. They will be able to investigate the issue and work with you to resolve it.

Is Pampered Chef responsible for dbl charges on my Visa?

No, Pampered Chef is not responsible for any duplicate charges on your Visa. Please contact your bank or credit card company for assistance in resolving this issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • Bren706