• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Speaking of the New Visa Cards....

In summary, the Pampered Chef company sent out an email reminding consultants that as of Jan. 1, 2008, the only credit card accepted for order submissions would be the Pampered Chef Consultant Visa. However, the email also stated that the Pampered Chef Debit Card transactions would not be affected by this change. While some consultants felt the email was misleading and designed to get more sign-ups, others acknowledged that they may not have read it carefully enough and do not have to apply for the Visa if they do not want to. Overall, there were mixed opinions on the clarity of the email and some consultants prefer to use their debit card instead of a credit card.
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
When the announcement first came out that they were switching companies, I thought no biggie--I don't have a Visa, don't need one. I'm just fine with my PC debit card. Then I got this email:

SUBJECT: Reminder: You must apply for the new Visa® card!

Dear Consultant,

We want to remind you effective Jan. 1, 2008, the Pampered Chef®
Consultant Visa® will be the ONLY credit card we will accept as form of
payment for Consultant order submissions.

Even though you currently have a Pampered Chef® Chase Visa® card, you
will need to apply for the NEW credit card because they are
administered by two different banks. The Pampered Chef® Debit Card transactions
are not affected by this change.
The benefits of the Pampered Chef®
Consultant Visa® include a Cash Rewards program and separate tracking of
your Pampered Chef® expenses.

Avoid delays in processing your January orders! Apply for your Pampered
Chef® Consultant Visa® today! Visit Consultant’s Corner > Managing
Your Business > Financial Forms and Requests > Visa® Card
Application.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

The Pampered Chef®

This email sent me into a panic and I immediately applied for the Visa. Only later did I reread this more thoroughly (NOTE: the bold in th above was applied by me, NOT Pampered Chef, unfortunately) and realized that I didn't really HAVE to apply for the Visa.

I feel like I was duped. It seems to me like the emails were puposefully worded to get more consultants to sign up, and I am disappointed by the lack of scruples of the marketing department.

I didn't read it like that at all. They were just trying to make sure we realized that the "old" CC would not be accepted after Dec 31. Rather than put people in a bind, they wanted to make sure we knew what was available. I did apply for this one (didn't have the other one), but I don't have to use it if I don't want to.

When I first got the email I thought I needed to get one also but then I kept reading. I hate credit cards we only have 1 and as soon as we get it paid off we are cutting the limit way back.

I knew from reading previous correspondence from them that it's not required, but I do agree that they're kind of misleading with it. Especially that most recent email. I have a feeling this whole cc thing isn't going as smoothly as they thought it would!

I have to admit I was running on little sleep and lots of stress at the time, so it is partly my fault for not reading more carefully.

However, when I receive something from PC that tells me in the subject line Reminder: You must apply for the new Visa® card! or whatever it is, I want to feel like I can trust that I must do that in order to continue with my business. It's not like I had the other Visa, even though they say that in the email.

Like Jennie, I do not have, nor do I want, a stock of credit cards and I am worried that this will adversely effect my credit.

Last edited:
I agree too that it was very misleading. I also think it worked on you just like they intended it to work.

The letter said it is the only CREDIT card accepted. It did not say it was the only type of payment accepted. Debit card and credit card are not the same.

I do think they could have been more clear that if one uses the credit card one would need to apply for the new one, rather than making it sound like we all do.

Debit card all the way!

Robin

AZPampered Chef said:
When the announcement first came out that they were switching companies, I thought no biggie--I don't have a Visa, don't need one. I'm just fine with my PC debit card. Then I got this email:

SUBJECT: Reminder: You must apply for the new Visa® card!
Dear Consultant,

We want to remind you effective Jan. 1, 2008, the Pampered Chef®
Consultant Visa® will be the ONLY credit card we will accept as form of
payment for Consultant order submissions.

Even though you currently have a Pampered Chef® Chase Visa® card, you
will need to apply for the NEW credit card because they are
administered by two different banks. The Pampered Chef® Debit Card transactions
are not affected by this change.
The benefits of the Pampered Chef®
Consultant Visa® include a Cash Rewards program and separate tracking of
your Pampered Chef® expenses.

Avoid delays in processing your January orders! Apply for your Pampered
Chef® Consultant Visa® today! Visit Consultant’s Corner > Managing
Your Business > Financial Forms and Requests > Visa® Card
Application.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

The Pampered Chef®

This email sent me into a panic and I immediately applied for the Visa. Only later did I reread this more thoroughly (NOTE: the bold in th above was applied by me, NOT Pampered Chef, unfortunately) and realized that I didn't really HAVE to apply for the Visa.

I feel like I was duped. It seems to me like the emails were puposefully worded to get more consultants to sign up, and I am disappointed by the lack of scruples of the marketing department.
While I agree that the letter was clear about it being the credit card that was being replaced, I think the first line (bolded above) was enough to send some in a panic and apply for the card.

Or, it was meant that you must apply for the card, it is not automatically sent to you if you currently have the VISA card.

Robin

Either way, if you applied and didn't want it, then cancel the card and ask them to report it closed to the credit bureaus.

What are the benefits of using the new Visa cards?

The new Visa cards offer a variety of benefits, including improved security with EMV chip technology, enhanced rewards programs, and easier use for international travel.

How do I apply for a new Visa card?

You can apply for a new Visa card through your bank or credit card company. You can also apply directly through Visa's website.

Are there any fees associated with the new Visa cards?

The fees for the new Visa cards vary depending on the specific card and issuer. It's important to carefully review the terms and conditions before applying.

Can I use my new Visa card for online purchases?

Yes, the new Visa cards can be used for online purchases just like any other credit or debit card. However, you may need to register your card for online use with your bank or credit card company.

What should I do if my new Visa card is lost or stolen?

If your new Visa card is lost or stolen, you should immediately contact your bank or credit card company to report it. They will be able to cancel the card and issue you a new one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinNC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lauriedip
  • melissasutkus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NooraK